the truth about 22.3 fulltime

22.3 truth

The bottom line is these jobs serve no monetary purpose for the company or the union. The company has newhires @ 8.50 w/ no benefits for 1 year. The company and the union want that revolving door swinging on steroids now. What this equals is the IBT is filling its coughers with lots of new members filing in and paying that $325 initiation fee. The real truth is the teamsters are @ fault cause @ any moment the could lean on the company to provide these jobs but haven't. The company and the IBT have the gravy train rolling @ the IBT members expense. THey don't care about you!

22.3 Truth

What I am establishing is the IBT and Ups are ******* in your cheerios condoning UPS' 22.3 full time job takeaway. By adding more 8.50 pters and removing 22.3 full time jobs serves 2 purposes. 1. UPS gets cheap labor w/ no benefit package for 1 year.(avg stay in my hub is 31 days) there is your revolving door. 2. IBT Lines their pockets with all the new initiation at $325 a pop not to mention all the initiation from the new hires that don't stick and are never told thay have the right to get that money back! Its a win for ups and the IBT and tough pill to swallow for 22.3 job holders.

"I'm completely in favor of the separation of UPS and the IBT. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

New Englander

99% of the 22.3 jobs are an absolute joke and extremely over paid. As much as I would like to retire into one some day I absolutely can not blame the company for wanting them to go away.

Get real.

brownrodster

99% of the 22.3 jobs are an absolute joke and extremely over paid. As much as I would like to retire into one some day I absolutely can not blame the company for wanting them to go away.

Quoted for truth. I cannot believe what some of these people do in order to earn their near 50,000$ a year. Those 8.50$ new hires not only work harder but are much more productive than those 22$ an hour slackers!

That being said, I would absolutely love to have some of the 22.3 jobs in my building. Absolute cakewalks. I cannot believe how much harder I have to work as a driver. At least I like being a driver!

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Quoted for truth. I cannot believe what some of these people do in order to earn their near 50,000$ a year. Those 8.50$ new hires not only work harder but are much more productive than those 22$ an hour slackers!

That being said, I would absolutely love to have some of the 22.3 jobs in my building. Absolute cakewalks. I cannot believe how much harder I have to work as a driver. At least I like being a driver!

LOL I agree and disagree with some of this.

Personally I earn every penny. 4 hours of Decap/spa/boxline load (the "easy" half), then the difficult 4 hours unloading, sorting and what not.

Yes, there are some 22.3s (mostly stewards) that bargain their way into easy 22.3 and other dealmakers do the same.

If you dno't want to be one of them, you'll have to work hard for the money. At least that's how it is here in New england. They really cracked down (especially in the past 3-5 months) on easy 22.3s, giving each job as much work as possible.

I would guess it's about 1/3 easy 22.3s (reserved for old timers and stewards), 1/3 middle ground, and 1/3 ball busters.

outamyway

Yes, there are some 22.3s (mostly stewards) that bargain their way into easy 22.3 and other dealmakers do the same.

Most of the stewards here are porters(known in the real world as janitors) Full time positions, not combo. They make about $25/hr.

Funny thing is, when our jerkoff BA and his butt buddy get voted out of there seats in the union, they will probably go back to their porter positions, and bumpity bump, someone's gonna get screwed.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

Most of the stewards here are porters(known in the real world as janitors) Full time positions, not combo. They make about $25/hr.

Funny thing is, when our jerkoff BA and his butt buddy get voted out of there seats in the union, they will probably go back to their porter positions, and bumpity bump, someone's gonna get screwed.

:biting:

I don't think I've ever seen a porter job in our bids.

combo are full-time too, but i think you meant full-time as in all 8 hours porter.

brownrodster

Our combo's use their seniority (it's in our supplement) to bid the easy inside preferred positions. We are a center so all of our combos do something outside of normal operation hours (ie air driving) then do easy work on the inside. I would love to have one of those air driver 22.3 jobs. what a cakewalk!

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I will gladly give you my combo.
Its in/out , but almost all of the day is out.
I really enjoy driving 60-70 miles @day in city traffic, especially with all those other jackass drivers, suicide bikers, & walkers that dart out from between parked cars.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

that how it goes everywhere. You get a perferred job and package handling job.

I have two preferred skilled jobs as a 22.3. Decap and sort.

It's not "how it goes everywhere"

one of the stewards in the hub has an inside/inside 22.3, but does small sort then small sort twi/mid. Go figure that one. I'll help you out : (he's one of the only "active" stewards, they keep him up on the mezonine to keep him out of supervisors working way) :biting:

It is different for everyone, everywhere.

IDoLessWorkThanMost

I will gladly give you my combo.
Its in/out , but almost all of the day is out.
I really enjoy driving 60-70 miles @day in city traffic, especially with all those other jackass drivers, suicide bikers, & walkers that dart out from between parked cars.

You'd make it through a whole 6 minutes in CHEMA inside. Be thankful you have a decent home, believe me. Next bid, we might run into each other if those carwash-preload jobs are up again ;)

brownrodster

that how it goes everywhere. You get a perferred job and package handling job.

Read my post more carefully. I'm say ours basically have two preferred jobs. On the inside they have a preferred job during operation hours. Outside of normal hours they do something like carwash, customer counter, or air driving.