The UPS Policy Book with Integrity: Session 1: The Cover

Integrity

Binge Poster

The Cover of the March 2001 UPS Policy Book is a very nice blue color with grayish/white lettering.

The title, the words Promise and GROWTH, and the old style UPS logo are in bold print and are central to the cover.

The cover has other great character referencing words for example, RESPECT, PEOPLE, and TEAMWORK … to name a few. These other words are spread evenly across the cover and appear to be in the background because they are more gray than white, the print is not as pronounced as the central components of the cover.

Questions:

1. Why do you think the color blue is used for the book? One might think that a policy book for UPS would be the standard brown with gold lettering?

2. Anyone have any insights as to why this color may have been chosen?

3. Based upon this description and your current feelings about UPS; What attitude or feeling does this summon up in you?

Sincerely,
I
PS Happy New Year to All!!!

May 2011 Be the year that you decide to do your part to make your company the best place to work on the planet earth.

This can only be done by working with Integrity and not against him!

Put Integrity at the core or every breath you take and and every move you make while earning a living for yourself and or your family.

Be well my friends!!

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
I think some guy calling himself integrity cornered the market on yellow.

I dont know that its much of a mystery. Different editions have had different colors much like your contract books.

M

Mike23

It got me curious, so I wikied it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue It's the history of blue. I also read it used to represent public servants, which is why police where blue now (or the thought process goes). I particularly liked this part 'In the English language, blue often represents the human emotion of sadness, e.g. "He was feeling blue". In German, on the other hand, to be "blue" (blau sein) is to be drunk', since, if you're centers like mine, everyone's miserable and drinks heavily on the weekends :P

unionslug

I think some guy calling himself integrity cornered the market on yellow.

I dont know that its much of a mystery. Different editions have had different colors much like your contract books.
thats your contract too Tieguy whether you like it or not

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel

The Cover of the March 2001 UPS Policy Book is a very nice blue color with grayish/white lettering.

The title, the words Promise and GROWTH, and the old style UPS logo are in bold print and are central to the cover.

The cover has other great character referencing words for example, RESPECT, PEOPLE, and TEAMWORK … to name a few. These other words are spread evenly across the cover and appear to be in the background because they are more gray than white, the print is not as pronounced as the central components of the cover.

Questions:

1. Why do you think the color blue is used for the book? One might think that a policy book for UPS would be the standard brown with gold lettering?

2. Anyone have any insights as to why this color may have been chosen?

Blue is believed to be soothing to many animals.
In Hinduism blue represents the throat chakra.
Your pick.

3. Based upon this description and your current feelings about UPS; What attitude or feeling does this summon up in you?

Love x3 the positive words you describe on the cover.
Their position and size, shading is probably relevant to whomever designed the cover and definitely to the company.
The fact that respect, people, and teamwork are included on the cover gives me warm fuzzies.

Thank you for sharing this.

Last edited:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I think Integrity needs a girlfriend.
canadian_girl.jpg
canadian_girl.jpg