The Virus likely mutated in Italy, the same can and might happen here.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I forgot the American dream was to let your employer walk all over you and break every contractual agreement possible. They can have it, I and everyone else, can do better.

If you're not a supervisor, you should be because you are definitely one of them. No pulse, just a drone in their system. Exactly what they are looking for! Good luck to you.

calm down honey let me get you a latte
How about a hug

it’s a part time job don’t like it go find another one

quad decade guy

I forgot the American dream was to let your employer walk all over you and break every contractual agreement possible. They can have it, I and everyone else, can do better.

If you're not a supervisor, you should be because you are definitely one of them. No pulse, just a drone in their system. Exactly what they are looking for! Good luck to you.

No man, good luck to you. We have great paying jobs with righteous bennies.

You are throwing all that away. But then you just left another one of the biggest,

fastest growing, potentially biggest ever.

SLW

Viruses very rarely mutate to become deadlier. More commonly, they mutate to become milder and thus more contagious, which CV has done once already.

quad decade guy

About 1.3% of those that have tested positive have died in the USA to this point. Estimates are that up to 10x more cases exist. These people either have very minor symptoms or just can’t get tested because of shortages right now.

If their are in fact 10x more cases then the death rate is about .13%.

Any timeline on how fast it kills them? Generally? I'm curious. Say if we literally

shut it down for a month and I mean tight, would it kill who were going to die?

And go away?

With all respect to all of course. Just in the most basic, blunt terms?

ManInBrown

Wrong. 28 year teamster. Unemployment claims are gonna increase by 30%, and you're crying about having a job that pays 6 figures + benefits? You need to get a clue.
Anyone with less than 10 years company seniority isn’t going to have a job for long. I give it two more weeks. And it might be that you need more than 10. Maybe anyone with less than 15 years.

Dumbo

Did your hypothesis take into account that Italy has the 5th oldest population in the world, or the fact that most people believe China is not being truthful about their real numbers?

And Italy, like France and definitely like China has a high population of cigarette smokers. Also they live in much closer quarters than in the US. In Europe, its more common for a generation of family to live together.

So a generally older population with high smoking rates all living with a generation of family in generally smaller homes in a crammed city.

Last edited:

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Anyone with less than 10 years company seniority isn’t going to have a job for long. I give it two more weeks. And it might be that you need more than 10. Maybe anyone with less than 15 years.
Amazon is trying to hire 100k new workers, I doubt they would be doing that if they thought this delivery thing was gonna dry up in 2 weeks. Not saying there won't be a downturn with layoffs, etc, but I think you might be overstating it.

ManInBrown

Amazon is trying to hire 100k new workers, I doubt they would be doing that if they thought this delivery thing was gonna dry up in 2 weeks. Not saying there won't be a downturn with layoffs, etc, but I think you might be overstating it.
There is no way. In two weeks who is left standing? Amazon and Walmart. You think buildings need 300 feeder drivers for two customers?

And as soon as warehouse workers at Amazon start testing positive in bunches they are going to be shut down. Short of giving every single Amazon warehouse worker in the country a a space suit it’s gonna happen. Matter of when.

Viruses very rarely mutate to become deadlier. More commonly, they mutate to become milder and thus more contagious, which CV has done once already.

They can mutate either direction. Some mutations will flat out kill the virus because it can't survive with it. This is also how every species was developed. A species mutates a trait the helps it survive and it will. If a negative mutation happens it will die. Giraffe's long necks are an example. Giraffes used to have short necks, a giraffes mutated to have a longer necks which made them capable of reaching the taller trees and it survived and reproduced because of this. All of the giraffes with short necks died because they starved. It's the same way wolves developed claws, elephants grew trunks and humans became bipedal and developed thumbs. The more exposure the virus has to mutate the higher the chances that it will. (sorry to the religious people that don't believe in evolution)

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
Italian population is one of the oldest in the world
Bingo!! They also are extremely close and kiss on the cheek etc everytime they meet a friend. Which will make it spread even worse. On top of they majority of them are smoker. It doesn’t take a environmental science degree to figure out that is not a good combo in this epidemic

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
They can mutate either direction. Some mutations will flat out kill the virus because it can't survive with it. This is also how every species was developed. A species mutates a trait the helps it survive and it will. If a negative mutation happens it will die. Giraffe's long necks are an example. Giraffes used to have short necks, a giraffes mutated to have a longer necks which made them capable of reaching the taller trees and it survived and reproduced because of this. All of the giraffes with short necks died because they starved. It's the same way wolves developed claws, elephants grew trunks and humans became bipedal and developed thumbs. The more exposure the virus has to mutate the higher the chances that it will. (sorry to the religious people that don't believe in evolution)

C21DD64D-3D6C-4C4D-A23C-7553E3FECB7F.gif

quad decade guy

Company or Feeder? which is it? Didn't you say from 300 to 2? And relatively speaking,

we are going to contract 90+%?