The Virus likely mutated in Italy, the same can and might happen here.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
The Bronx is Puerto Rican. What’d you just get done watching A Bronx Tale?
My friend Pasquale lives in the Bronx he is Italian so I put 5 and 5 together and came with 1

he says it like little Italy

maybe it was Staten Island. Sorry iv had warm milk already almost my bed time.

Dumbo

Thta's how my Italian family was ( Boston area ) until they came to America around 1900. Everyone lived in the same home , children, parents, grandparents all under the same roof. It was great , the large dinner tables with all the adults at one table and the kids at the other. Lots of hugs and kisses. Lots of food and Vino.

That's awesome

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Plus, how do you put cities homeless people on lockdown? Here Tom, stay at your shopping cart for thirty days, don’t leave unless you need food......
Just tell Hillary they have dirt on her or Bill. They’ll be taken care of.

For real though. Close everyone up for 30 days would utterly destroy the economy. You’d have to have all companies agree to forgive debt and payments for that time frame. Likely longer because no way everything just goes back to normal day 31.

Dude he has a environmental science degree and worked at amazon. What the hell do you know?
Why are you talking about bacterial reproduction when this is a virus? You know the two are different, right? And bacteria can swap dna with each other through several different methods, one of which being viral infection.

Viruses reproduce through injecting their dna into the nuclei of the a host cell and hijacking their duplication processes. The viruses continue to copy until they burst out of the cell. They can pick up stray bits of dna from any host cell, but almost all of that dna doesn't do anything to change the virus, or if it does it kills the virus.

They can also suffer from transcription errors, which mostly kill the viruses. If mutations occur, they also almost always kill the virus. Not saying it can't happen, but even if it does, and the virus survives, it doesn't necessarily mean it becomes more virulent.

99.whatever% of the time the virus is going to die due to a mutation, just like everything else. But with 337,000 cases and rising, it only take 1 time for a mutation that aids the survival, makes a virus more aggressive and potentially more adaptable. I'm not an expert or even close to one and I could be totally wrong and I really hope I am.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
99.whatever% of the time the virus is going to die due to a mutation, just like everything else. But with 337,000 cases and rising, it only take 1 time for a mutation that aids the survival, makes a virus more aggressive and potentially more adaptable. I'm not an expert or even close to one and I could be totally wrong and I really hope I am.
You should quarantine yourself

Brownslave688

Thta's how my Italian family was ( Boston area ) until they came to America around 1900. Everyone lived in the same home , children, parents, grandparents all under the same roof. It was great , the large dinner tables with all the adults at one table and the kids at the other. Lots of hugs and kisses. Lots of food and Vino.
Now you’re Italian too. Since it fits the conversation I assume.

why am I not surprised.

quad decade guy

Just tell Hillary they have dirt on her or Bill. They’ll be taken care of.

For real though. Close everyone up for 30 days would utterly destroy the economy. You’d have to have all companies agree to forgive debt and payments for that time frame. Likely longer because no way everything just goes back to normal day 31.

Isn't the economy being utterly destroyed now? They can doing anything they want with

money, it's not based on anything except good faith.

Brownslave688

How many weeks behind Italy are we? As far as first infection? Let’s not think the bodies aren’t gonna pile up here.
Couple weeks.

Not saying we won’t have high numbers. We have 5x their population but our death rate is much lower than their and has been the whole time. It could tick up if the hospitals get overwhelmed.

Right now the biggest issue for our healthcare personnel is protective equipment. I spent $100 on respirator and filters at Sherwin Williams so that my wife will have protection at work.

In my opinion this is kind of war situation. Every factory in the USA that makes masks and other protective equipment should be running 24/7 and should have been for a month already at this point.

Brownslave688

Isn't the economy being utterly destroyed now? They can doing anything they want with

money, it's not based on anything except good faith.
Oh yeah it’s being destroyed but a 30 day shut down of everything just isn’t feasible. Especially not for something that’s killing a couple percent of the people that get it.

Nah
This can likely be the result of a mutation in the virus. Bacteria is a-sexual which means it reproduces by making a copy of itself.

It's a virus, not bacteria. I don't know much else about this kind of stuff, but I know they're different.

In Italy, there are just over 59,000 cases and over 5,400 people that have died as a result of the disease.
32,000 less cases in Italy but 2,200 more deaths. Italy also has 3,000 people in critical condition while China has just over 1,800.

What needs to be taken into consideration, is that a little over a week ago Italy made a decision to limit treatment on those who were more likely to develop complications as a result of this pandemic in order to preserve resources for the "young and healthy."

Who ever could have guessed that limiting treatment on those who need it the most would result in more deaths...

Returntosender

Couple weeks.

Not saying we won’t have high numbers. We have 5x their population but our death rate is much lower than their and has been the whole time. It could tick up if the hospitals get overwhelmed.

Right now the biggest issue for our healthcare personnel is protective equipment. I spent $100 on respirator and filters at Sherwin Williams so that my wife will have protection at work.

In my opinion this is kind of war situation. Every factory in the USA that makes masks and other protective equipment should be running 24/7 and should have been for a month already at this point.
Your wife is a nurse, her hospital running out of supplies?