The Virus likely mutated in Italy, the same can and might happen here.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Its not spreading fear and panic, its informing people of what I believe to be the case and I believe people (just like you) are downplaying this, acting like it's another swine flu. No I don't have a PhD. I have a BS in Environmental Science from Washington. I didn't study biology but I took a lot of it. Do I know that this is the case? no. It could be general health or age of a region in Italy, I am speaking from my gut and what I have learned in my lifetime. I'm no expert, just one of you.
Thanks Trump!

silverbullet2893

KILL KILL!!
As of 6:20pm on March 22nd, the total cases in China is just over 81,000 with just over 3,200 people dying as a result of the disease.
In Italy, there are just over 59,000 cases and over 5,400 people that have died as a result of the disease.
32,000 less cases in Italy but 2,200 more deaths. Italy also has 3,000 people in critical condition while China has just over 1,800.
Coronavirus Update (Live): 336,838 Cases and 14,616 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

This can likely be the result of a mutation in the virus. Bacteria is a-sexual which means it reproduces by making a copy of itself. Just like any type of reproductive system mutations can occur during this process and when you reproduce as quickly and frequently as bacteria the more likely the chances of a mutation to occur.

I believe this happened in Italy, I think Italy's COVID-19 is not the same as China's and this is resulting in a higher contamination rate and a higher mortality rate.

UPS is not taking this matter seriously, they have provided no PPE such as gloves or masks and they have not clean or disinfected any surfaces on the trucks that I have seen. Nor have they provided any type of sterilization. All they have done is cancel morning meetings and tell us to wash our hands at all the very convenient hand washing stations out on route.

This situation is as serious as it gets and with the extreme exposure to drivers and other UPS employees something has to be done or it can and will cost lives and a lot of them.

Viruses rarely mutate to be “more deadly”. Viruses need hosts to survive because they’re not living. If a virus mutates to be “more deadly” they pretty much “kill themselves” because they have to find another healthy, living host. China probably didn’t report the truth and when it got to a country that wasn’t government controlled media, Italy, the whole truth was out there.

By the way, the fatality rate in the US is 1.3% as of right now.

Last edited:

Box Ox

I'm with you. On Friday I finally started reading the descriptions on Amazon packages. Toys, toys, toys, clothes, video games, furniture, the occasional grocery item and then once in awhile personal health item. It is disgusting what this company is doing and I'm 2 days away from turning in my badge just because I don't want to be associated with a company that is willing to act and show such blatant disregard for their employees and customers.

Your job is to push cardboard, you prissy b*tch. You're not deciding whether to prescribe abortion medication or bake gay wedding cakes. Boxes are how the Company and you, its employee, make money. If it weren't for those Amazon packages you'd probably be at home sitting on your ass wishing for work like a giant chunk of the Country is right now.

And who are you to decide what packages are important anyway? Toys, clothes, video games, furniture, grocery and personal health items all sound pretty important for folks and their kids who are supposed to do their own patriotic duty by staying in their homes for weeks, if not months while teetering on the ass edge of financial insolvency.

I'd rather die than live in some sort dystopian society
SBHLJgMwy8BLG.gif

Box Ox

Ok Brenda, three weeks from now even Republican Governors are going to be wondering why our ‘War-Time’ President didn’t put the pedal to the floor...

Im glad there are private companies who are calling Trump and offering to make desperately needed things like masks and ventilators. That’s awesome. But sitting by the phone hoping companies call to volunteer might not be the best way to get necessary output in time. A wartime President has to do wartime things.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Im glad there are private companies who are calling Trump and offering to make desperately needed things like masks and ventilators. That’s awesome. But sitting by the phone hoping companies call to volunteer might not be the best way to get necessary output in time. A wartime President has to do wartime things.
This is a ridiculous comparison Democrats are pushing for political points.

We don't need companies to convert factories to make bombs. We're already making the things we need.

Box Ox

This is a ridiculous comparison Democrats are pushing for political points.

We don't need companies to convert factories to make bombs. We're already making the things we need.

There are companies making the things we need. There probably aren’t enough companies making enough of the things we need.