The Virus likely mutated in Italy, the same can and might happen here.

dudebro

Right. That's why I'm for let's just get to it. Most ,most likely you will survive. Sucks for

the unlucky.

Except for the people who die, who would have lived, if we didn't flatten the curve and reduce the load on our medical infrastructure. Or the people who wouldn't have died if they find an antiviral drug that works.

It's all theory until it's one of your loved ones. Then it's, "oh man, I should have listened"

M

MenInBrown

As of 6:20pm on March 22nd, the total cases in China is just over 81,000 with just over 3,200 people dying as a result of the disease.
In Italy, there are just over 59,000 cases and over 5,400 people that have died as a result of the disease.
32,000 less cases in Italy but 2,200 more deaths. Italy also has 3,000 people in critical condition while China has just over 1,800.
Coronavirus Update (Live): 336,838 Cases and 14,616 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

This can likely be the result of a mutation in the virus. Bacteria is a-sexual which means it reproduces by making a copy of itself. Just like any type of reproductive system mutations can occur during this process and when you reproduce as quickly and frequently as bacteria the more likely the chances of a mutation to occur.

I believe this happened in Italy, I think Italy's COVID-19 is not the same as China's and this is resulting in a higher contamination rate and a higher mortality rate.

UPS is not taking this matter seriously, they have provided no PPE such as gloves or masks and they have not clean or disinfected any surfaces on the trucks that I have seen. Nor have they provided any type of sterilization. All they have done is cancel morning meetings and tell us to wash our hands at all the very convenient hand washing stations out on route.

This situation is as serious as it gets and with the extreme exposure to drivers and other UPS employees something has to be done or it can and will cost lives and a lot of them.

No mutation has occurred. Hard to compare 2 countries with 2 different cultures.

Italy has one of the oldest populations in the world. Italy’s culture also is to hug and kiss when meeting someone.

More than 99% of Italy’s coronavirus fatalities were people who suffered from previous medical conditions, according to a study by the country’s national health authority.

The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

one thing that has been said from the beginning and seems to be holding true, is it’s really bad for the elderly and people with health conditions.

yadadamean116

As of 6:20pm on March 22nd, the total cases in China is just over 81,000 with just over 3,200 people dying as a result of the disease.
In Italy, there are just over 59,000 cases and over 5,400 people that have died as a result of the disease.
32,000 less cases in Italy but 2,200 more deaths. Italy also has 3,000 people in critical condition while China has just over 1,800.
Coronavirus Update (Live): 336,838 Cases and 14,616 Deaths from COVID-19 Virus Outbreak - Worldometer

This can likely be the result of a mutation in the virus. Bacteria is a-sexual which means it reproduces by making a copy of itself. Just like any type of reproductive system mutations can occur during this process and when you reproduce as quickly and frequently as bacteria the more likely the chances of a mutation to occur.

I believe this happened in Italy, I think Italy's COVID-19 is not the same as China's and this is resulting in a higher contamination rate and a higher mortality rate.

UPS is not taking this matter seriously, they have provided no PPE such as gloves or masks and they have not clean or disinfected any surfaces on the trucks that I have seen. Nor have they provided any type of sterilization. All they have done is cancel morning meetings and tell us to wash our hands at all the very convenient hand washing stations out on route.

This situation is as serious as it gets and with the extreme exposure to drivers and other UPS employees something has to be done or it can and will cost lives and a lot of them.
Italy has one of the oldest age populations. This is why the mortality rate is so high

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day

Italy has one of the oldest populations on Earth. Mutation? Idk. Weak immune systems more than likely.

quad decade guy

Except for the people who die, who would have lived, if we didn't flatten the curve and reduce the load on our medical infrastructure. Or the people who wouldn't have died if they find an antiviral drug that works.

It's all theory until it's one of your loved ones. Then it's, "oh man, I should have listened"

Ok. All that takes about a year. Now what?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
sorry about that OG did not mean any diss dog

95F411CA-8A00-47AD-B7ED-2862D6CB8732.gif

fishtm2001

This was the March 6th FactCheck on his claim. I’ve just excerpted this part of it but it’s worth reading the whole thing to see how much he’s been lying from the very beginning:

For starters, health experts say Trump was wrong to refer to the travel restrictions as a “travel ban,” as he did in a telephone interview on March 4 with Fox News’ Sean Hannity. During a town hall on March 5, Trump said he “closed down the borders to China and to other areas that are very badly affected.” That’s not accurate.

As Azar explained when he announced the travel restrictions on Jan. 31, the policy prohibits non-U.S. citizens, other than the immediate family of U.S. citizens and permanent residents, who have traveled to China within the last two weeks from entering the U.S.

specter208

Its not spreading fear and panic, its informing people of what I believe to be the case and I believe people (just like you) are downplaying this, acting like it's another swine flu. No I don't have a PhD. I have a BS in Environmental Science from Washington. I didn't study biology but I took a lot of it. Do I know that this is the case? no. It could be general health or age of a region in Italy, I am speaking from my gut and what I have learned in my lifetime. I'm no expert, just one of you.
There are lots of things that can kill you in this world. This is just something else.

Overpaid Union Thug

Italy has the second highest number of elderly in the world. That’s a likely factor.

25TOLIFE

It's not bacterial its viral. Two completely different things but they are saying mutations are possible.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Anyone with less than 10 years company seniority isn’t going to have a job for long. I give it two more weeks. And it might be that you need more than 10. Maybe anyone with less than 15 years.
FYI, just talked to a guy in package and the word is that layoff letters are coming next week.