The Wild West...best places to transfer.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I was surprised to find out it wasn't. I can only transfer within my local, GAY. Maybe its a pension thing, cuz I know mine is effed. And isn't the west one big fund?
Yes that's exactly what it is.

If we had a national pension fund we could probably transfer nation wide.

PACNW

Ok. So I'd pick 2 buildings every couple years and whichever one I got, I'd go.
Actually it's pretty complicated and rare. It's tied to the 6-1 inside to outside hire ratio. So it goes 6-1-1. 6 inside, 1 transfer, 1 outside. There is a Master list of people who sign up for each center. When the transfer spot comes up, they call the highest seniority person and offer it. You have 48 hours to decide or they offer the next person. I know a guy that has been trying to transfer to the same center in Montana for many years, but whenever a spot opens up, someone with more seniority takes.

PACNW

As to the original question of where to transfer? I suggest a small driver sort and load. Not many left, but I hear they are sweet! Start at 630-7, load your own cars, off by 330-430.

Actually it's pretty complicated and rare. It's tied to the 6-1 inside to outside hire ratio. So it goes 6-1-1. 6 inside, 1 transfer, 1 outside. There is a Master list of people who sign up for each center. When the transfer spot comes up, they call the highest seniority person and offer it. You have 48 hours to decide or they offer the next person. I know a guy that has been trying to transfer to the same center in Montana for many years, but whenever a spot opens up, someone with more seniority takes.
Your right about about the 6-1-1 ratio. But transfers do happen quite often. I know of about 30. Many times people say no. I have been offered 9 transfers. You only have 24 hours to answer. Which center in Montana are you referring to? He can sign for 2 buildings near each other. Smaller centers might be a little more difficult.

As to the original question of where to transfer? I suggest a small driver sort and load. Not many left, but I hear they are sweet! Start at 630-7, load your own cars, off by 330-430.
I think they are a little more difficult to get.

PACNW

Your right about about the 6-1-1 ratio. But transfers do happen quite often. I know of about 30. Many times people say no. I have been offered 9 transfers. You only have 24 hours to answer. Which center in Montana are you referring to? He can sign for 2 buildings near each other. Smaller centers might be a little more difficult.

I want to say it's Libby or Kalispell. I know transfers do happen, but if you have a dream center you want to go to, it could take years or at least several 6-1-1 cycles. I suppose I was more responding to the idea of transferring every couple of years. I got the impression that the people not in the West might think it's easier than it is, and was trying to relay the challenges. About 10% of the drivers in my center have transferred in.

I want to say it's Libby or Kalispell. I know transfers do happen, but if you have a dream center you want to go to, it could take years or at least several 6-1-1 cycles. I suppose I was more responding to the idea of transferring every couple of years. I got the impression that the people not in the West might think it's easier than it is, and was trying to relay the challenges. About 10% of the drivers in my center have transferred in.
Libby might be difficult. Tell him to try kalispell and Missoula. I knew a guy that wanted to go to kalispell about 12 years ago. But only wanted kalispell and wasn't sure if he would go if he got it. 10% transferred to your center? Sounds like your center is the place to be.