The writing is on the wall.

davidix

Rpcds will be fazed out and replaced by hybrid drivers. They cost less and have zero protection.

You won't have a lighter route. You will have trucks cut out completely.

You will get a raise August 1 and vote yes because you are a maroon.

Look around..did your hub dq every single new driver? Probably did right.

70 hours October- January

No harassment language that makes a difference.

This is scary.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Enjoy anything Mark Twain, but are you suggesting people don't vote?

We got two choices here.
1. Don't vote.
2. Vote.

One leads to a guaranteed bad contract.
Two probably leads to a bad contract, but at least we have a shot at stopping it.

I don't think a teamster would be on brown cafe telling people that they shouldn't be voting.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
I haven't flamed you at all.

The vote only got rammed through, in that case, because less than 50% of the people voted.
Basically, you've just helped my point, not yours.

We need people to vote.
The people not voting are going to screw us, not the people who are.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Everybody has to look at these 22.4 positions as just a foot in the door for future contracts. Most members who has been here awhile knows that if any bad language gets embedded in the contract it will almost impossible to get it removed (case in point: The "82" one). 5,000 new hybrid jobs is a drop in the bucket with this one, UPS always looks 20 year down the line, they are counting on and predicting a hub full of 22.4's paid at a lower cost, it might take them a couple of decades but they are patience.

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

You guys always miss the point, every time. Why did the Teamster leadership push for pension haircuts? In exchange for a government long term "loan" with a ten year grace period and an interest rate of a whopping 1%. Hoffa is NOT stupid. He knows better than to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs. Sometimes leaders have to make tough unpopular decisions that people don't understand. Its not like he can go around giving away his strategies which would be publicized producing media backlash. I guess he is hoping that we will read between the lines. Most posters on this sight have a hard time with this.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Ah yes. Trust in the almighty leader.

He knows what's best for us.
He'll tell us what we need.

Myself, I'll do my own thinking.
I find it renders better results than blindly following a washed up union crook who stands to benefit from giving the company concessions.

And your progression is interesting. You started by saying that voting doesn't matter at all. Now you are saying that Hoffa has our best interests at heart.

Figure out which you mean. If Hoffa was working for us, our votes would count. If our votes don't count, Hoffa isn't working for us.

I think your username would ring much closer to the truth if you struck "teamster", and "pragmatist" from it.

km3

Rpcds will be fazed out and replaced by hybrid drivers. They cost less and have zero protection.

You won't have a lighter route. You will have trucks cut out completely.

It's up to the members and the local unions to prevent that, if the contract passes. That's a long and hard battle though. That's why I want severe monetary penalties for violating the parts that say no hybrid shall work when a RPCD is laid off. I'm not sure what those penalties ought to look like (the laid off driver grieves it, and gets paid his or her guaranteed 8 hours at double or triple time?) I don't know, but something else is needed.

Look around..did your hub dq every single new driver? Probably did right.

Nope. In fact, they're desperate for drivers here. From what I hear, everybody is flunking Integrad. If you want to dabble in conspiracy theories, I'd point to that.

F

Frankie's Friend

It's up to the members and the local unions to prevent that, if the contract passes. That's a long and hard battle though. That's why I want severe monetary penalties for violating the parts that say no hybrid shall work when a RPCD is laid off. I'm not sure what those penalties ought to look like (the laid off driver grieves it, and gets paid his or her guaranteed 8 hours at double or triple time?) I don't know, but something else is needed.

Nope. In fact, they're desperate for drivers here. From what I hear, everybody is flunking Integrad. If you want to dabble in conspiracy theories, I'd point to that.
Ours passed MONTHS AGO but haven't been allowed to drive 1 dsy... until possibly August.

UPSTeamster Pragmatist

"You started by saying that voting doesn't matter at all. Now you are saying that Hoffa has our best interests at heart."

This is a great example of missing the point. I quoted mark twain, gave an example of how this statement is true, then spelled out why it was done for our benefit. Thank you for helping me show the people who read these boards why most of the posters on here should be viewed for what they are.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You are being purposefully dense.
The only reason the votes didn't matter, was because not enough people voted.

The votes do matter. We need all of them.

Listen twice, speak once.