Theoretical question

Brownsocks

Just a dog
What percentage of packages gets delivered if all management doesn't show up for just one day? We just all got sick.... Think that'd prove a point?
This happens every Saturday and we get it done.
Management is optional when you have self motivated employees that like to be left alone.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
This happens every Saturday and we get it done.
Management is optional when you have self motivated employees that like to be left alone.

More to it then just "getting it done".

Nothing the matter with self-motivation either but, management is not optional just like employees are not optional.

floridays

What percentage of packages gets delivered if all management doesn't show up for just one day? We just all got sick.... Think that'd prove a point?
100% of the packages delivered that day.
A success all around, 100% of the packages that were delivered were delivered, and everyone got paid.

Great gig,
See you at the Corner Bar
First round is on me.

542thruNthru

100% of the packages delivered that day.
A success all around, 100% of the packages that were delivered were delivered, and everyone got paid.

Great gig,
See you at the Corner Bar
First round is on me.
That bar sucks. Let's meet at a better bar that's not full of east coast cosmopolitan drinkers.

What'dyabringmetoday???

unfortunately this message board is mostly union members. I understood what you were initially saying.

The fact that the drivers and other teamsters on this site are confident in their ability isn’t a negative thing. Just like I don’t want or need anyone’s endorsement of my ability to pull a route, load cars, unload, sort, shift trailers, do CPUs, run a feeder job blah blah blah... They don’t want or need mine.

I think everyone here was reading into your initial post a little bit. The comparison’s made by other replies...

“if the pt sups and OMS’s were here”

“if the dispatcher was in”

“on road supervisors just play on their cell phone all day”

The reality is we’re all in this together. The us versus them mentality is what we’re taught by those that were here before us. If we’re going to deliver everything, which is the goal, everyone is needed.

Can you teach me how to back up trailers?

AKCoverMan

More to it then just "getting it done".

Nothing the matter with self-motivation either but, management is not optional just like union Members are not optional.
Fixed! 😎

But I certainly agree, both management and union members are needed. Maybe we get a lot delivered in one day of no management because it’s already in the pipeline but by day two it’s a real crap show

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Without a portion of IE, * would grind to a halt within 3-5 days

IE could be much more useful but it's operation people running the show who have no idea what they're doing
Are you kidding? Other people would fill that void.. Rather quickly.