Theory on pay raises...

DRAisawesome

The reason the bottom 50% quartile got 2-3% is that is where the majority of couriers are. Up to about 15 yr couriers are here. If you look at your seniority sheet that's more than about 3/4 unless at a tiny station. So why wouldn't FedEx give 5% to everyone? They don't have too. If your bragging and you got 4-5% and have 12-20 years of service. Good for you. They are still winning. You should've been topped out many moons ago. I hate to say it but this "IS" the new Fedex. What your wage is, is what it is. No scale, just a possible yearly wage increase. Now you are educated and cannot complain. Jk but your welcome for the education.

ManInBrown

Here's the reason why they do it

The couriers that are topped out are going to eventually retire. They want to lower the pay of the next generation couriers. They never want the next generation to make what top is now. By giving the bottom less it's insuring a top rate change.

MAKAVELI

I couldn't care less what anyone else gets. They don't pay my bills.
And that's exactly what FedEx wants you to feel. Divide and conquer is their game and people like you fall for it every time. By caring what everyone else gets shows unity which is exactly what the employees need to have a chance at better pay and benefits. As long as people have the same attitude as yours, it will never improve.

BrownBrokeDown

And that's exactly what FedEx wants you to feel. Divide and conquer is their game and people like you fall for it every time. By caring what everyone else gets shows unity which is exactly what the employees need to have a chance at better pay and benefits. As long as people have the same attitude as yours, it will never improve.
You seem to be describing something I have heard of before. I can't think of the damned name. What was it. :censored2:, hold on. It will come to me. Was it...no that's not it. Maybe...no thats not it either. Hold on, I got it!

ITS CALLED A UNION WHERE "BROTHERS" BAND TOGETHER AND TOGETHER PROTECT AND IMPROVE EACH OTHERS INTERESTS.

MAKAVELI

You seem to be describing something I have heard of before. I can't think of the damned name. What was it. :censored2:, hold on. It will come to me. Was it...no that's not it. Maybe...no thats not it either. Hold on, I got it!

ITS CALLED A UNION WHERE "BROTHERS" BAND TOGETHER AND TOGETHER PROTECT AND IMPROVE EACH OTHERS INTERESTS.
Yep that's exactly what I'm talking about. The people with the attitude of I got mine friend* everybody else exactly why we're all getting friend.

dezguy

I couldn't care less what anyone else gets. They don't pay my bills.

This is exactly why we can't unionize up here in Canada. Too many people who bleed that purple blood and topped out employees who only care about themselves, meanwhile new employees and midrange people are making $10-$15 less than they are doing the exact same job.

Jayhawk

Majority of the topped out couriers at my station were complaining about their raise. Unbelievable. They don't care about anybody except themselves and the are the laziest people in the station. "I've been here" "I've earned it"

Jayhawk

I'm not topped and never did care what my co-workers made.

This surprises you? If you were topped out and 'only' got 2-3% while others got 4-5%, you would complain too.

This surprises you? If you were topped out and 'only' got 2-3% while others got 4-5%, you would complain too.
uhhh. Yea. They are already topped out!

MAKAVELI

Cry me a friend........ river. If you are topped out, you shouldn't complain because for one , no one in mid range or the bottom will ever see top range. Secondly, if you are topped out, you have a pension under the old plan. Which again no one in mid range or lower will ever see. Lastly, 3% at top range is more than 3% mid range or lower. So , yea they shouldn't complain about their raise. Most of the topped out drivers at my station don't work half as hard as the mid range drivers.

TUT

Yes. And what is sad is those in your ranks (not stating you) who take that for granted, still look out just for themselves, feel other job positions countrywide shouldn't unionize, those jobs don't deserve it. That is like Ivory Towers for poor people. What gets me is when small guy beats up on small guy, all the while big guy laughs to the bank. The focus should always be upwards, it also servers as its own checks and balances.

bigbird00

Raises? Its a wage increase.This is what happened about 10 years ago or so.They took away the every six month pay increase based on your yearly review.They also took away propay which was a yearly bonus and went to what we have now.The plan all along was to get the pay down to entry level and for anyone that has started in the last 10 years will never top out.The pay gap between big brown and fedex 10 years ago was way less than it is now.(right?)And we had the cadalac ins. then too.In comes the 60 million trainwreck of DRA,and they are gonna throw twice that amount at it to make it work.This is what they are dealing with now because they chose this path.There are stations being upgraded market levels in an effort to keep help and they really think this is the fix.The facts of the bottom third of the Fedex work force is getting ripped off every day.The gap grows with every across the board 3%.It would be naive to think that at the end of the year that the 3% is gonna net more income at the end of the year with the raise now pushed to Oct.and 3.3%rise in cost of living along with the lets say 40to 50% more out of pocket with the insurance plan.Wait till this January when the ACA tax really kicks in.Fred ain't gonna pay it.He's gonna revert the cost to guess who.The elephant in the room is how can we make more $ is the top of pay couriers and how can we get rid of them so we can make more$.Its sad that Fedex is now a revolving door for couriers and its what they wanted all along. Feel the Love!

El Morado Diablo

I found it interesting that MT3 mentioned the poor SFA results in this months Frontline. Instead of telling us what they plan to do to address the issues he goes on to share a story of the only station in the company who had it's scores go up in every category year-over-year. I wish I had video rolling for the looks on my co-workers faces as that was playing.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I found it interesting that MT3 mentioned the poor SFA results in this months Frontline. Instead of telling us what they plan to do to address the issues he goes on to share a story of the only station in the company who had it's scores go up in every category year-over-year. I wish I had video rolling for the looks on my co-workers faces as that was playing.

All I could think as I was watching those people at that station was, Man, those people really need to step away from the Kool-Aid. And I thought it was pretty funny how he avoided the whole poor SFA results too.

El Morado Diablo

Market levels are such a joke. Our turnover is so high we have to occasionally use cartage agents and have couriers from other stations volunteer to help us out. Even so, our station is the lowest market level. Metro areas with low wages seem to get punished with a low market level rating because our entry level rates beat minimum wage by $4.50 a hour. It would be fairer if the market levels were determined by what it actually cost to live in the area and by what similar jobs are paid, too.

El Morado Diablo

All I could think as I was watching those people at that station was, Man, those people really need to step away from the Kool-Aid. And I thought it was pretty funny how he avoided the whole poor SFA results too.

I was watching the eyes of the Sr Mgr darting back-and-forth as she was talking and thought to myself, "So nice of her to take the time to put her thoughts on a cue card. Much better than saying something straight from the heart and being seen as being genuine."