Theory on pay raises...

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Here's the reason why they do it

The couriers that are topped out are going to eventually retire. They want to lower the pay of the next generation couriers. They never want the next generation to make what top is now. By giving the bottom less it's insuring a top rate change.

While I agree that this is what they want to do, it isn't working out very well for them. Turnover is extremely high, and Express cannot even move the freight it has very effectively.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
And that's exactly what FedEx wants you to feel. Divide and conquer is their game and people like you fall for it every time. By caring what everyone else gets shows unity which is exactly what the employees need to have a chance at better pay and benefits. As long as people have the same attitude as yours, it will never improve.

Yep, and he falls for it. Market levels, 22-year (never) top-outs and all the rest of it are the perks for killing any chance of a union. Jackass can't figure it out. Everyone should be aware of how FedEx screws it's employees.

SmithBarney

I was watching the eyes of the Sr Mgr darting back-and-forth as she was talking and thought to myself, "So nice of her to take the time to put her thoughts on a cue card. Much better than saying something straight from the heart and being seen as being genuine."
She didn't put "her" thoughts on a cue card, Managers are given "talking points" and must not deviate from the company line.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
She didn't put "her" thoughts on a cue card, Managers are given "talking points" and must not deviate from the company line.

Exactly. Managers read from a script that gives canned answers for employee questions about pay, usually along the lines of " you need something to look forward to", "think of the future" etc.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
The reason the bottom 50% quartile got 2-3% is that is where the majority of couriers are. Up to about 15 yr couriers are here. If you look at your seniority sheet that's more than about 3/4 unless at a tiny station. So why wouldn't FedEx give 5% to everyone? They don't have too. If your bragging and you got 4-5% and have 12-20 years of service. Good for you. They are still winning. You should've been topped out many moons ago. I hate to say it but this "IS" the new Fedex. What your wage is, is what it is. No scale, just a possible yearly wage increase. Now you are educated and cannot complain. Jk but your welcome for the education.

I read that those in the 2 upper quartiiles had targets on their backs and the company was doing everything possible to get them to leave the company by any means possible because they were making too much money. In fact I remember reading that their goals would be jacked up to crazy unattainable levels so that they could be fired en masse for not making them. You know, because they make too much money and must be gotten rid of ASAP.

It must be true because I read it here.

I read that those in the 2 upper quartiiles had targets on their backs and the company was doing everything possible to get them to leave the company by any means possible because they were making too much money. In fact I remember reading that their goals would be jacked up to crazy unattainable levels so that they could be fired en masse for not making them. You know, because they make too much money and must be gotten rid of ASAP.

No soup,for you!
Said uncle Freddie.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
And what's he done to deserve it? Not a damn thing. Employee morale is at an all time low, so is customer service and the company's biggest lawsuit ever is hanging over their heads and it ain't going away.

Enjoy your raise Fred and drink up.

arrogant%20bastard.jpg

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

The plan changed. If DRA had worked, they would have been hunting senior heads...just like they were when DRA first came out. But, several things happened, oh arrogant corporate Shill-Boy. First, the Amazon volume did not go away, despite Amazon's public statements that both UPS and FedEx would be cut-out of the pie. Second, employees have been leaving in droves on their own, leaving Uncle Fred with a shortage of employees. Third, DRA failed miserably, and FedEx had to start backing down on the discipline, which would have resulted in even more employees leaving.

We are down couriers and RTDs in almost all locations, some of them in double-digit figures on the courier side. Peak will be beyond even last years debacle, and even more people are going to leave because of low pay, crap benefits, and glacial pay progresson.

The failure of DRA changed everything, Dipstick. But you're too dumb to figure that out. Or is that just what the hand up your butt told you to say?

bigbird00

Well said Mr. FDX. Dano is just one of those koolaiders that it takes a little longer to see the light.Sooner or later it will happen.