There is a War

Sportello

Banned
Just started a handler job at UPS. They're giving us new hires a $200 a week bonus if we have perfect attendance. 27 year employee, part-timer, told me they aren't giving senior employees the bonus, which really gets under his skin. Was surprised not everyone was getting that deal. Turns 20 hrs a week into fulltime job.
Wow, hired as a seasonal at your skill level, congrats!

bacha29

Between the urban dwellers and the rural dwellers.
There is some truth to that. Rural America is depopulating and the few who remain represent a significant portion of the Republican base. But, they're getting older will need more healthcare and old age services most if not all will come from publicly funded healthcare programs and services the GOP wants to eviscerate in order to pay for the tax cuts they secured for their very wealthy donors.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
But, they're getting older will need more healthcare and old age services most if not all will come from publicly funded healthcare programs and services the GOP wants to eviscerate in order to pay for the tax cuts they secured for their very wealthy donors.
This refrain is old & weathered and just another lie.
Both parties admit the funding for these services is problematic.

vantexan

That deflection is not surprising coming from a Republican like yourself.

We could be funding those programs, but instead we cut taxes. That's the point of the post you responded to, but you're blinded by your TDS.
So the actual rise in revenue after cutting taxes means nothing to you?

El Correcto

god is dead
Revenue was increasing before the tax cuts.... So, no.

The tax cuts do not pay for themselves. You continually struggle with that fact.
So continually rising revenue even after the tax cuts prove the tax cuts won’t pay for themself? You haven’t even given the economy 4 years under the new taxes. I think we need to cut them further.

It will be fine

So the actual rise in revenue after cutting taxes means nothing to you?
5BE4987B-C1C7-4972-9E0B-F8A2826AF32B.png

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Revenue was increasing before the tax cuts.... So, no.

The tax cuts do not pay for themselves. You continually struggle with that fact.
That was because Obummer had the economy depressed. Fiscal year 2018 is surprisingly strong ,,, I expected a slight decrease. Give it another year and then if it’s not up then that part of the Trump Renaissance did not pan out.
All the jobs created and getting people off the government dole should help the net effect.
Personally I am skeptical ... I haven’t seen anything that reduces the annual National Government spending as a % of GNP over the years.
I know it’s hard to believe but I don’t believe anything politicians say or promise.