There is a War

newfie

There is some truth to that. Rural America is depopulating and the few who remain represent a significant portion of the Republican base.

if a rural area grows its population above 2500 people then the census considers it an urban area. bellvue Iowa with a population of 2583 is considered an urban area. its not necessarily a migration away from rural areas and very likely an increase of existing population followed by the change in classification. you can research these things before you spout off.

U.S. Urban Population Is Up ... But What Does 'Urban' Really Mean? - CityLab

bacha29

if a rural area grows its population above 2500 people then the census considers it an urban area. bellvue Iowa with a population of 2583 is considered an urban area. its not necessarily a migration away from rural areas and very likely an increase of existing population followed by the change in classification. you can research these things before you spout off.

U.S. Urban Population Is Up ... But What Does 'Urban' Really Mean? - CityLab
Hahaha,talk about doing research before spouting off. According to the US Census Bureau in 2017 Bellvue Iowa had a population of 2175 which is DOWN from it's peak high of 2450 in 1980. Wait until the 2020 census numbers come out and congressional redistricting maps are drawn. Then get back to me on this one Newf.

newfie

Hahaha,talk about doing research before spouting off. According to the US Census Bureau in 2017 Bellvue Iowa had a population of 2175 which is DOWN from it's peak high of 2450 in 1980. Wait until the 2020 census numbers come out and congressional redistricting maps are drawn. Then get back to me on this one Newf.

I provided my source , while you spouted off ...............again
not to mention you are apparently too thick to understand the context of what you responded to.

let me educate you. ...again

you made a claim that the increase in urban areas was from people migrating to those areas
I provided a source that shows the increase could very likely be the result of populations increasing in rural areas to a level that changes their classification.
if you're going to hang out here with grown ups then you have to pay attention

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I provided my source , while you spouted off ...............again
not to mention you are apparently too thick to understand the context of what you responded to.

let me educate you. ...again

you made a claim that the increase in urban areas was from people migrating to those areas
I provided a source that shows the increase could very likely be the result of populations increasing in rural areas to a level that changes their classification.
if you're going to hang out here with grown ups then you have to pay attention
I love it when you double down on your stupid posts. Please continue.

rickyb

false divide.

the real war is between corporations + govt VS citizens.

the big capitalists dont even necessarily believe in free markets or not accepting bail outs or corporate welfare.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
people who still believe in the american dream should be mocked. the dream is dead.

it only ever really was true for whites. latinos and blacks never had it.
Good example of a self-fulfilling prophecy. Your attitude makes you a failure in your eyes.
You and Mak should get together and have a pity party.

floridays

false divide.

the real war is between corporations + govt VS citizens.

the big capitalists dont even necessarily believe in free markets or not accepting bail outs or corporate welfare.
I agree in part rickyb,
how have you been my friend?

floridays

people who still believe in the american dream should be mocked. the dream is dead.

it only ever really was true for whites. latinos and blacks never had it.
I can't agree with one word of that.
I got a huge milkshake for you in the fridge however.