There is a War

vantexan

It’s surprising you don’t have more empathy for those left behind by “the market”. You have, after all, spent the last decade on these boards crying to anyone that would listen how you don’t have the skills to compete within the context of the most prosperous country on the planet. How old did you say you were when you realized you wouldn’t be able to save enough to retire in this country? 30? Absolutely PATHETIC!
It's not a matter of empathy. I chose to work for FedEx because at the time it paid well with good benefits but it didn't work out for me. The most important part of that was I chose after 11 years to quit and try something else because of no raises for 4 years. If I hadn't I would've done ok since they shortly after they made some decent adjustments for topped out couriers, but a lot of couriers would've still been reamed by their choosing to suppress pay and strip benefits to build up Ground. But that's a choice I made, just as many make the choice to not get an education or training that'll pay better, accepting jobs that pay considerably less. And those jobs often have a high percentage of minorities. It may be they can't get a better job because of a felony arrest or speeding tickets, or health concerns due to any number of things brought on by lifestyle choices. Much of what happens in one's life comes down to personal choices. I made a choice, and when I came back to FedEx learned eventually they weren't being generous this time around. I didn't like it, was hoping a union would get in, but I never gave up hope of having a better life based on the resources I do have. Could've just boozed or drugged myself to take my mind off it, many do. Again, personal choices. I nearly did myself in eating poorly. I'm not better than anyone, but did see a lot of bad things happen to good people growing up. Did know what it's like to be dirt poor. So I'm content with what I have and am willing to do what it takes short of committing crime to do better. YMMV.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It’s surprising you don’t have more empathy for those left behind by “the market”. You have, after all, spent the last decade on these boards crying to anyone that would listen how you don’t have the skills to compete within the context of the most prosperous country on the planet. How old did you say you were when you realized you wouldn’t be able to save enough to retire in this country? 30? Absolutely PATHETIC!
don't be judgmental ... it makes you a lesser person.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Me thinks not.

Relative superiority is something that all humans strive for, wether they consciously acknowledge it or not.

All of the discourse on these boards substantiates this theory.
Don't state theories like they are fact.
Don't use discourses on the BC to substantiate any theory or fact.
Me thinks..me thinks...me thinks..

Last edited:

Meat

Don't use discourses on the BC to substantiate any theory or fact

I suppose one could deem the interactions on the BC as mere internet bullocks; but personally, I find that you can learn a lot about the divisions in our society by reading the current events board. America really is split between two realities, and both sides seem to adhere to the belief that their interpretation is unequivocally correct. Of course, some time in the next 10 or 20 years this will end in disaster for everybody, so I’m not sure if any of it will ultimately matter; but believe me, you’re badly mistaken (surprise, surprise) if you think you shouldn’t use the BC to substantiate an idea or learn something about society in general.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
but believe me, you’re badly mistaken (surprise, surprise) if you think you shouldn’t use the BC to substantiate an idea or learn something about society in general.
MeatHead..Meathead.. Would I be badly mistaken if I believed you (surprise, surprise, hey look! I'm doin' DIDO!) were talking down to me?
Please clarify the two realities and the unequivocal realities and the distinct interpretations.
Also, why the pessimistic prediction 10-20 years down the road as though neither side has the right idea?

floridays

Can you address the statement that many are, "left behind by the market." You made a declaration, then proceeded to a personal attack. Quote his words, I think I can like this game. I actually think I can win, from the penalty box.... not even on the ice. Sup, Kid?

floridays

Me thinks not.

Relative superiority is something that all humans strive for, wether they consciously acknowledge it or not.

All of the discourse on these boards substantiates this theory.
Wether? Can we send this to the booth for @Turdferguson to further evaluate (point made)? You do understand what a theory is? Yes or No?
I'm not aware of this theory myself, would you post it or links to it? Nice to see you again smart guy, or should I say Mr. Cerebral.

Sportello

Can you address the statement that many are, "left behind by the market." You made a declaration, then proceeded to a personal attack. Quote his words, I think I can like this game. I actually think I can win, from the penalty box.... not even on the ice. Sup, Kid?
Sad.

Just looking to fight.

Sad.

Meat

Wether? Can we send this to the booth for @Turdferguson to further evaluate (point made)? You do understand what a theory is? Yes or No?
I'm not aware of this theory myself, would you post it or links to it? Nice to see you again smart guy, or should I say Mr. Cerebral.

Okay, okay, let’s move on to Fedex policy.

Should an employee be discharged for tossing a letter in the seniors direction after the senior asks for it?

floridays

Sad.

Just looking to fight.

Sad.
Not really, simply asking a poster to define a statement, and said I would love responding from the penalty box. Not picking a fight, looking for a clarification to respond if needed. Your side has gotten me again, and once again

Not sure if you understood my humor previously when i said, You wouldn't be comfortable if I disposed you, you would be equally uncomfortable if I deposed you. Yo got that? Are we clear on that?