There is nothing that guaranteed in life. UPS isn't either.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Robots can be parked and warehoused. Enjoy this contract, and strike if you must, but it probably is about the last one.

Lots of places are using bogus "worker shortages" to offer taxpayer funded grants to companies for robotics and automation.
Last one? Are people going to stop ordering stuff? They suck as heck are not getting off their arse's and shopping anytime soon.

Brownwind

Robots can be parked and warehoused. Enjoy this contract, and strike if you must, but it probably is about the last one.

Lots of places are using bogus "worker shortages" to offer taxpayer funded grants to companies for robotics and automation.
Robots doing my route would be an awesome show. Some of my customers aren’t what you call tech friendly. Ask the city people that wanted good pictures from their drones.
1200 dollars worth of wreckage scattered across the hill.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There are stores now doing "buy online and pick up at store" just like Best Buy.
Ship it cause'...
1566310114914.png

anonymous23456

Some people want instant gratifications. Waiting for one day with Amazon delivery isn't enough. They want it now and if they have the goods at Best Buy!

Trust me...some people don't want to dream about having it next day at the door. NOW!

Johney

Some people want instant gratifications. Waiting for one day with Amazon delivery isn't enough. They want it now and if they have the goods at Best Buy!

Trust me...some people don't want to dream about having it next day at the door. NOW!
Do you not realize how many brick and mortar places are closing their doors because no one shops anymore? Covid only fueled the fire it’s worse now than it ever was. You need to put the bong down and stop trying to justify your “I’m crossing the picket because”issue because there really is no other justification for this crap.

Let me also add this…90% of the crap I want to go pick up is not available, but can be shipped to my house or store in the same time frame…. Now gee which would I want?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Do you not realize how many brick and mortar places are closing their doors because no one shops anymore? Covid only fueled the fire it’s worse now than it ever was. You need to put the bong down and stop trying to justify your “I’m crossing the picket because”issue because there really is no other justification for this crap.

Let me also add this…90% of the crap I want to go pick up is not available, but can be shipped to my house or store in the same time frame…. Now gee which would I want?
Put the bong down! LMAO

Brown87

Without reading that long ass post, UPS sells a service not a product mind you with very little competition.
I’m sorry did you say very little competition? Wow we’re not that naïve. You realize this is not 1997 and this in the event we do call a strike we will definitely lose a lot of business that we will never get back. Let’s be honest our service is subpar at best and we are in most cases the most expensive in the industry I truly am concerned for the future I truly believe if UPS and the union don’t change how things are going, we will price ourselves out of the industry, and we will become the sears and roebuck of shipping.

Hostess went bankrupt due to vulture capitalists and wall street. Investment companies bought Hostess then burdened the company with insurmountable debt.

The unionized workforce took pay and benefits cuts and they had layoffs. Hostess executives saw a massive increase in their compensation. The CEO got a 300% increase.

“In 2011, Hostess earned profits of more than $2.5 billion but ended the year with a loss of $341 million as it struggled to pay the interest on $1 billion in debt. This year, the company sought bankruptcy protection, the second time in eight years. Still, the CEO who brought on the latest bankruptcy got a raise while Hostess demanded that its workers accept a 30 per cent pay and benefits cut.”
Hostess was worth more being broken and sold off.
The union offered big concessions

Johney

I’m sorry did you say very little competition? Wow we’re not that naïve. You realize this is not 1997 and this in the event we do call a strike we will definitely lose a lot of business that we will never get back. Let’s be honest our service is subpar at best and we are in most cases the most expensive in the industry I truly am concerned for the future I truly believe if UPS and the union don’t change how things are going, we will price ourselves out of the industry, and we will become the sears and roebuck of shipping.
You kidding right? While our service is subpar as you say it’s still far better than FedEx or the USPS I’ll agree not much better but do you really think that they could actually absorb all our volume? The only way a strike can and will fail is if clowns like you and the other Bozo cross the picket line and allow them to continue to operate scared you’ll lose your job.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Things weren’t this bad when gas was being produced domestically. Thank your president Joe the :censored2: bag.

Johney

Things weren’t this bad when gas was being produced domestically. Thank your president Joe the :censored2: bag.
What amazes me is while UPS is by far the most expensive delivery service out there we still have tons of volume, why? Because who else is going to do it….seriously what do theses clowns think?