These Have To Be Fake

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Last year, 90% of our station said they were not adequately compensated on the SFA. Lo and behold, this year, that figure was only 18%. Please tell me how there could possibly be a 72% improvement in this score given the puny raise?

If you're going to cook the books, at least do it so it isn't so effing obvious. God, how freaking dumb do they think we are?

bbsam

Staff member
Well you do keep showing up to work everyday being under-compensated so they must figure you to be very dumb indeed...or at least very desparate.:wink2: Either way works out the same for them.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Well you do keep showing up to work everyday being under-compensated so they must figure you to be very dumb indeed...or at least very desparate.:wink2: Either way works out the same for them.

The SFA is supposed to reflect our opinions, not those of FedEx upper management.

Get a friggin' clue.

Cactus

Last year, 90% of our station said they were not adequately compensated on the SFA. Lo and behold, this year, that figure was only 18%. Please tell me how there could possibly be a 72% improvement in this score given the puny raise?

If you're going to cook the books, at least do it so it isn't so effing obvious. God, how freaking dumb do they think we are?

As far as this score goes, the books were not only cooked but microwaved inside a nuclear reactor for good measure.

There's no way that a score for being adequately compensated is ever going to improve unless pay improves radically and that ain't gonna happen.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
As far as this score goes, the books were not only cooked but microwaved inside a nuclear reactor for good measure.

There's no way that a score for being adequately compensated is ever going to improve unless pay improves radically and that ain't gonna happen.

It will never happen. But that doesn't stop them from showing us how "happy" we are. Based on the results, they will once again be named a "Top 100" company again. A pyramid of lies and deceptions.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It will never happen. But that doesn't stop them from showing us how "happy" we are. Based on the results, they will once again be named a "Top 100" company again. A pyramid of lies and deceptions.

UPS's ERI survey, which seems to be along the same lines as the SFA as you call it, was done away with a few years ago. It was about time. UPS never cared for employee feedback, not even sure why it was conducted to begin with.

To show how much of a farce it is, the ERI is now conducted with UPS hand picking the candidates to complete the ERI. instead of using basic math to get a fair sample size without biases. This was done to save costs of paying people to actually sit down for 20 minutes and complete it while still showing it does "care" by allowing a few suck-ups to get the extra 20 minutes and give positive feedback about a manager, an operation, etc etc

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
UPS's ERI survey, which seems to be along the same lines as the SFA as you call it, was done away with a few years ago. It was about time. UPS never cared for employee feedback, not even sure why it was conducted to begin with.

To show how much of a farce it is, the ERI is now conducted with UPS hand picking the candidates to complete the ERI. instead of using basic math to get a fair sample size without biases. This was done to save costs of paying people to actually sit down for 20 minutes and complete it while still showing it does "care" by allowing a few suck-ups to get the extra 20 minutes and give positive feedback about a manager, an operation, etc etc

"Hand picked" statistics. We might as well go to the same type of system too, because the numbers FedEx puts out there have no relation to actual employee sentiments.

vantexan

"Hand picked" statistics. We might as well go to the same type of system too, because the numbers FedEx puts out there have no relation to actual employee sentiments.

If the numbers reflect participating employees, and more and more choose to not participate, could the numbers be skewed towards pro-company employees? I wonder also if a large % don't believe the answers are anonymous, are they likely to answer positively?

whenIgetthere

If the numbers reflect participating employees, and more and more choose to not participate, could the numbers be skewed towards pro-company employees? I wonder also if a large % don't believe the answers are anonymous, are they likely to answer positively?

I, and quite a few fellow employees don't care if it's not ananymous. I even told my manager I was going to scewer him! The only reason I took it was so I wouldn't lose pay when the start time was moved back a half hour. My choice was start later, or come in at the scheduled time and take SFA. I took the $, well, what little I make in 30 minutes!!!

vantexan

I, and quite a few fellow employees don't care if it's not ananymous. I even told my manager I was going to scewer him! The only reason I took it was so I wouldn't lose pay when the start time was moved back a half hour. My choice was start later, or come in at the scheduled time and take SFA. I took the $, well, what little I make in 30 minutes!!!

I used to feel that way but lately just don't care. Didn't participate this year, doubt I will again. I came back to FedEx knowing I made a mistake quitting. I believed them when I was told I'd top out in 7 to 8 years. Back 12.5 years and realized long ago that everything told to us is just to keep us at it. They're always looking at the mid-range pay situation, we're told, but the only thing that's happened is pay progression was slowed even further. So why bother anymore? Just do my job and go home. And leave when I can.

LTFedExer

Just do my job and go home. And leave when I can.
I've done that since day 1. I see the PT PM couriers kissing butt, working AM's, staying late, etc etc. I just tell them 'Enjoy it while you can. When they don't need you anymore, kiss all the hours goodbye'.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I used to feel that way but lately just don't care. Didn't participate this year, doubt I will again. I came back to FedEx knowing I made a mistake quitting. I believed them when I was told I'd top out in 7 to 8 years. Back 12.5 years and realized long ago that everything told to us is just to keep us at it. They're always looking at the mid-range pay situation, we're told, but the only thing that's happened is pay progression was slowed even further. So why bother anymore? Just do my job and go home. And leave when I can.

I also no longer care, and do just enough to stay under the radar. As I said, the 90% "favorable' response on the " Am I paid fairly for the kind of work I do" question was proof-positive that Memphis is going all-out this year to just blow smoke up everyone's collective ass(es). I actually asked for a show of hands at our meeting of how many people thought they were paid adequately, right in front of the senior. Out of around 40 people, only 2 raised their hands. When I asked the senior to explain the score, he had nothing to say. Effing fake.

vantexan

I also no longer care, and do just enough to stay under the radar. As I said, the 90% "favorable' response on the " Am I paid fairly for the kind of work I do" question was proof-positive that Memphis is going all-out this year to just blow smoke up everyone's collective ass(es). I actually asked for a show of hands at our meeting of how many people thought they were paid adequately, right in front of the senior. Out of around 40 people, only 2 raised their hands. When I asked the senior to explain the score, he had nothing to say. Effing fake.

What's the thought process in trying something so blatant? Is there some outside group monitoring scores to see if FedEx should be included on a best place to work list? We've yet to have a SFA meeting but I hear there's a mgmt restructuring of some sort coming. In answer to your question yes, they really do think we're that dumb. And if they can get on those best workplace lists they can keep the suckers coming in.

Cactus

I'm sure Fred saw the actual score and said sometime to the effect of "I'll tell them what's fair!!"

vantexan

I've done that since day 1. I see the PT PM couriers kissing butt, working AM's, staying late, etc etc. I just tell them 'Enjoy it while you can. When they don't need you anymore, kiss all the hours goodbye'.

In all my years with FedEx I found that I could get hrs if I always volunteered. Know when I didn't? If I took a Saturday off after working 15 or 20, mgr would punish me by not letting me work Sats again. I've transferred because of that once. Another location I transferred into I put myself on every Saturday volunteer list but was never allowed to work it. Know why? Mgr insisted I be back by 1820 every day but most days got back 1830-1855. Extreme extended rt. Previous courier on rt was scared of mgr and when training me insisted we drive back on part of lunch break to get back before 1820. Told her I wasn't going to do that and she warned me I didn't know mgr. Same mgr who told me courier was A rt in loop and I as the B rt had to flex to her. Turned out she was C rt. I took a waivered position and left that nuthouse after 5 months. Point is that you can work hard, or not, but quality of your worklife depends very much on your mgr and just how petty and vindictive they can be. By the way, that mgr talked to me like I was a maroon from the get go. Transferred to sister station as 4X10 cover and immediately ran rts with better numbers than regular couriers. And worked many Saturdays. Even allowed them to make me a 5X8 on weeks they needed me to work 6 days. And greatly enjoyed the expressions on the mgrs faces of the previous station when they visited our station. Except for that one mgr. She avoided me.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm sure Fred saw the actual score and said sometime to the effect of "I'll tell them what's fair!!"

Guess what? Scores are "up" again!! From what I've seen, they have no basis in reality. It's amazing that scores have risen every year, for 37 years and counting. By now, we must have 125% approval in every category. There's only 100% of anything, and this years SFA is most obviously a fake. A bunch of us were gathered around the printout today just laughing. God, I hope this crap backfires on them.

Like vantexan says, "they really do think we're that dumb".

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

Lies, damn lies and statistics at work

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Lies, damn lies and statistics at work

A statistician would have a field day with FedEx. No accountability, no access to the data. Nothing. That would mean that their "conclusions" (results) would be deemed invalid. FedEx has a vested interest in good results, which also would not pass the statistical smell test. It needs to be given, and evaluated, by an independent third party in order to have any credibility. As it stands, the SFA has none at all.