They are taking FT drivers OT

Xanosuke2

My biggest problem with the 22.4 jobs is that they will be the ones working right at the 14 hour DOT mark everyday in our center and not be protected from 9.5 and most likely have 70 hours a week...no one in their right mind would want that. Ups will hide that from them and they won’t know what they’re getting into. We currently have air drivers working at the 60 hour a week mark, so where would the 22.4s be?

Integrity

Binge Poster
No they aren't, in my opinion. Take extra work off of drivers that don't want it, give it to a lower paid driver doing the same work. And he doesn't have any excessive overtime protection. Our union leadership needs Bitch slapped.
Not nice.

I'm not sure, but reducing workload is clearly something the membership wants.

I heard countless people complain about their stops and their packed trucks.

It can be heard daily.

I suspect that the reason for the protection is for the RPCD to be protected from excessive overtime and the new class will have to take the overtime the RPCD don't want.

Just a guess, we'll know more soon.

Not nice.

It can be heard daily.

I suspect that the reason for the protection is for the RPCD to be protected from excessive overtime and the new class will have to take the overtime the RPCD don't want.

Just a guess, we'll know more soon.
Shouldn't the new class of drivers have the same protection as we do? Or sgosho they be forced to work 12 hours a day with less pay?
What say you?

Box Ox

It can be heard daily.

Why can't workloads be reduced using full rate drivers like we've got now instead of handing volume off to lower rate 22.4 drivers? Does UPS have a profitability problem?

SOMEBODY ANSWER THIS QUESTIONNNNNNN!!!!

Integrity

Binge Poster
The point is:

there should be a bullet point in the language along the lines of,

Any hybrid driver who exceeds 5 hours of driver time shall be paid all hours as a RPCD.
Is the term hybrid driver being used by the Union is their communication?

I haven't seen or heard the term but I hear it a lot here on the BC?

km3

Actually it is not. It is actually more of an introduction of a part time package car driver class that is in combo with other jobs to make it s full time job.

I don't see why part time combo drivers should make the same as a Regular Package Car Driver.

Because it's the same work. Moreover, it's likely to include weekend work which current drivers apparently don't want to do. Perhaps there should be a premium on those days...or maybe that makes too much sense.

Yes, I believe they are trying to address the concerns of the membership.

They failed miserably in doing so regarding PT wages, a major issue that everyone, including FTers, mentioned when proposals were being taken.

$13.00/hr? Lots of places will have minimum wages above that rate before the term of the contract is over. Some already do. This is a massive failure by the negotiating committee, imo.

The Teamsters support the fight for $15 movement for fast food workers, but apparently not for UPS workers. Can't even break $14.00 for its own members. Pathetic.