They are taking FT drivers OT

cachmeifucan

Ups will manipulate any new language or jobs created and then we will have to wait until next contract to address issues. Just vote no has everyone seen enough to get the vote no time shirts.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
The more I think about this the more I see it pretty much eliminating most OT completely. There will be no such thing as extra work anymore to protect by language. They will create as many 22.4 drivers as they need to get everyone at 40 hours. Late start times for them will take care of anything left behind as well as cover late pickups.

DOK

The more I think about this the more I see it pretty much eliminating most OT completely. There will be no such thing as extra work anymore to protect by language. They will create as many 22.4 drivers as they need to get everyone at 40 hours. Late start times for them will take care of anything left behind as well as cover late pickups.

On the surface that may appear like what could happen but when you factor in all the extra costs associated with all these new “drivers” I’m not sure it will pay them to create many 22.4’s. Things like more trucks, workers comp insurance, fuel, pension contribution, healthcare, diads, etc.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
On the surface that may appear like what could happen but when you factor in all the extra costs associated with all these new “drivers” I’m not sure it will pay them to create many 22.4’s. Things like more trucks, workers comp insurance, fuel, pension contribution, healthcare, diads, etc.
Then why bother creating them at all? If there the only ones delivering on Saturday as well, they need to create as many jobs as they will run sat routes at the very least. No?

cachmeifucan

They are making all 22.3 in my building take a hour lunch it's never happened in the summer only in February I used to take 15 min. Just to get out of that place 9hours 15. Get paid for 9. Don't worry I retaliate by filing grievances during my hour lunch now

dogs.bite.me

Because it's the same work. Moreover, it's likely to include weekend work which current drivers apparently don't want to do. Perhaps there should be a premium on those days...or maybe that makes too much sense.

They failed miserably in doing so regarding PT wages, a major issue that everyone, including FTers, mentioned when proposals were being taken.

$13.00/hr? Lots of places will have minimum wages above that rate before the term of the contract is over. Some already do. This is a massive failure by the negotiating committee, imo.

The Teamsters support the fight for $15 movement for fast food workers, but apparently not for UPS workers. Can't even break $14.00 for its own members. Pathetic.
On August 1 2022 a new hire will make 15.50 an hour. Starts at 13, goes up each year.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Ups will manipulate any new language or jobs created and then we will have to wait until next contract to address issues. Just vote no has everyone seen enough to get the vote no time shirts.
You sound like you don't have a good record or history of quality contract enforcement in your local.

Is this the case?

Integrity

Binge Poster
Good point about the start times. I think it is worth looking into protecting RPCD morning start times. I could see this being a potential problem.

DOK

Then why bother creating them at all? If there the only ones delivering on Saturday as well, they need to create as many jobs as they will run sat routes at the very least. No?

I’m thinking this is to replace us with hybrids as we retire.

Over70irregs

Hybrids make it hard for the older workers who cannot or will not drive to achieve full time status. More 22.3 will solve the problem of inconsistent pt work. Using proper original 9.5 language (unchanged during mid Contract...hint) and hiring specific weekend work shift drivers can solve a lot of this. The company always manipulates any language regardless of results.

And it will cost UPS more to do that.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Every thread topic you start, notates "on Topic".

But yet, you always want to interject posts.... deferring to religious beliefs.

I find it offensive.

-Bug-
This thread doesn't state "On Topic" in the title so that would not apply here.

I make no reference to any religious belief in my comment.

If you want to view that reply in that way it is up to you, I am sorry that you have been offended by my words.

Upstruckz

Overtime right now is only a good thing because it’s the only way anyone in progression can make a decent paycheck, once you reach full pay I’d be fine with never getting 10 hours of OT a week again. The kicker is when your a full time cover driver you can’t Get on the 9.5 list unless you file for all 10 routes you cover individually. So you just get shuffled between routes every week so you can never file. 35-40 dollars an hour in the next few years is pretty good to live comfortably.