They are taking FT drivers OT

cachmeifucan

Once again....

Where does the new 22.4 language, say anything about people being forced to bid the job ?

There will be people that want a full-time job.

There is no chance RPCD's are going be restricted to 8 hrs a day.

If you want the overtime, don't sign the 9.5 list.

If you don't want to be a 22.4.... don't bid the job.

It's really that simple.

-Bug-
And if you think the contract sucks vote no

browned out

Such a narrow minded response “why would anyone need more than 40 hours”. Like everyone in the world lives the same life you do, crawl out from under the rock you live, the world isn’t flat.
I don't know what kind of brown Kool-Aid you're drinking but I think it would be a good idea to cut back on it a little bit. It might be diarrhea.... like your response.

Some drivers want to retire early others want to put their kids through college, some have a cottage on a lake or like to travel ,Etc

This is a definite bad faith negotiation duty of fair representation issue.

The part-timers that were asking for more work never ever ever asked to be put on a list where they can be forced to work up to 70 hours per week up to five years and beyond that.

Why doesn't the 22.4 drivers family time matter at all? Please enlighten me.

I don't know what kind of brown Kool-Aid you're drinking but I think it would be a good idea to cut back on it a little bit. It might be diarrhea.... like your response.

Some drivers want to retire early others want to put their kids through college, some have a cottage on a lake or like to travel ,Etc

This is a definite bad faith negotiation duty of fair representation issue.

The part-timers that were asking for more work never ever ever asked to be put on a list where they can be forced to work up to 70 hours per week up to five years and beyond that.

Why doesn't the 22.4 drivers family time matter at all? Please enlighten me.
Who said they won’t be protected? We don’t even have a tentative agreement yet.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

"Some" drivers have a big mortgage payment.

Or, drive their 50k truck to work.... with their 40k bass boat attached.

Maybe, a big alimony payment with child support.

It's not hard to read between the lines.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You’ll be fine. Since federal oversight, you don’t need to deal with the mob as much. They all went to other small unions. I kinda with we still had those ties. Sniff, sniff.
Can you tell Taylor to take out “as long as work is available”? This will open up a can of worms. I can see it now. If I show up, I get 8 no matter if there is not a single package in the place.
Yep.. in feeder if they need a couple pick ups covered they will “find “ some more stuff to do to get your 10 hours.... if feeder can do it sure in hell pkg can find 20 drivers who need help....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
These negotiations are addressing the concerns of current full time drivers. despite there being more part timers than full timers. Part timers don't vote. Therefore the negotiators are not concerned with part time needs or concerns. Future 22.4 drivers are current part timers.
Future 22.4 drivers are currently out in the real world working at other companies... I will wager that many of these 22.4 jobs in SOME areas will be filled from off the street hires

Robretro

You need to adjust your sleeping schedule.
Maybe they can install fake sunlamps on the trucks to keep people awake. Humans are supposed to rise with the sun and rising before and working like a donkey followed by driving sounds like a recipe for distaster in my opinion.

We aren’t all made of clay like you.

PT Car Washer

No, it is not. I think driving after preload hours sleep is a different kind of unsafe though. They will be a different kind of tired because of the early am wakeup.
If this is such a huge safety issue, why does the company allow PT and Art 22.3 to deliver after working the preload? Sometimes until 4 or 6 PM.

Maybe they can install fake sunlamps on the trucks to keep people awake. Humans are supposed to rise with the sun and rising before and working like a donkey followed by driving sounds like a recipe for distaster in my opinion.

We aren’t all made of clay like you.
We have had combo drivers working that schedule for years.
They start at 3 am and are done around noon or 1

browned out

Who said they won’t be protected? We don’t even have a tentative agreement yet.

The Teamsters said the 22.4s would not receive 9.5 protection. That's who.

Article 37, Section 1.b. and c. shall not apply to 22.4 combination drivers. In those buildings in which the Company creates 22.4 combination jobs to cover weekend deliveries, Article 37, Section 1.c. 9.5 protections shall apply to all seniority RPCDs regardless of the route they hold Article 22-Full-Time Combination and Part-Time Employees - UPS Rising

M

MenInBrown

The Teamsters said the 22.4s would not receive 9.5 protection. That's who.

Article 37, Section 1.b. and c. shall not apply to 22.4 combination drivers. In those buildings in which the Company creates 22.4 combination jobs to cover weekend deliveries, Article 37, Section 1.c. 9.5 protections shall apply to all seniority RPCDs regardless of the route they hold Article 22-Full-Time Combination and Part-Time Employees - UPS Rising

They will be UPS slaves.

born2Bwild

On the other side of coin. What prevents them from doing this now? They can hire full time drivers for the purpose of relieving excessive overtime . Why does it have to be 22.4?