They are taking FT drivers OT

born2Bwild

I have suggestion. 8hr work for one driver per week. This way hybrid will have work and RPCD will get overtime and a designated day to spend more time with family.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Look dude are you suckered in too?
Hire, promote, and use more package car drivers on road.

Problem solved

End of story.

As for your assertion that the company is concerned with our safety since we've been literally slammed with mandatory over time hours since the strike in 97, well I'd say that's ...=>
:bsbullf:.

So we're going to put pkg car work on lesser compensated classified union members to help us out?

Why is this so hard to expose?
Is the membership this gullible?
Come on.

Wow wow wow. Hold your horses (err.. cows??)

How am I suckered in? I am not thrilled about my hours being given out to anyone else.

As far as my assertion regarding safety. UPS doesn’t give a :censored2: about our safety. They give a :censored2: about how much accidents and injuries cost them. Don’t confuse the two, my friend!
If they want to take my OT away and give me just 8 that’s fine. As long as someone else is getting the same pay for the same work. If I’m guaranteed only 8, the 22.4 should be guaranteed $36 an hour

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Look dude are you suckered in too?
Hire, promote, and use more package car drivers on road.

Problem solved

End of story.

As for your assertion that the company is concerned with our safety since we've been literally slammed with mandatory over time hours since the strike in 97, well I'd say that's ...=>
:bsbullf:.

So we're going to put pkg car work on lesser compensated classified union members to help us out?

Why is this so hard to expose?
Is the membership this gullible?
Come on.

Wow wow wow. Hold your horses (err.. cows??)

How am I suckered in? I am not thrilled about my hours being given out to anyone else.

As far as my assertion regarding safety. UPS doesn’t give a :censored2: about our safety. They give a :censored2: about how much accidents and injuries cost them. Don’t confuse the two, my friend!
If they want to take my OT away and give me just 8 that’s fine. As long as someone else is getting the same pay for the same work. If I’m guaranteed only 8, the 22.4 should be guaranteed $36 an hour.

Brohn Bron

BS, I have been with the company for close to 2 decades and not once was OT ever a consideration in anything they did. NOT ONCE! The company wanted a cheaper labor force and Dennis said here, "let me bend over for you!"

Oh come on! You must admit you are exaggerating just a little here. OT is a consideration. Why do you think your sups come down with the whole “no one past 9.5. If you are, you need to message the center” crap?

Another example I’ve seen comes straight from the preload. At our center we have a preloader that’s been there 25 years. If he goes past his 4 hours by a minute, sups are up his ass so fast.

Now don’t get me wrong, dispatch certainly factors in OT into the routes they build, but certainly the trend would spike downward if they can do it and make a profit.

Tony Q

If they want to take my OT away and give me just 8 that’s fine. As long as someone else is getting the same pay for the same work. If I’m guaranteed only 8, the 22.4 should be guaranteed $36 an hour.
I understand what you are saying with the people doing your job for less an hour. Here is my question. Do you really think UPS will ever actually take your overtime away, as a package car driver?

DOK

I sat thru the proposal meeting and have heard endless complaints about hours worked and weekend work,9.5,9.5,9.5,that's clearly what the members where most concerned with.the drivers said the 9.5 language does not mean that the company should violate and pay the penalty.now they wont.

You’re right they won’t because all or most regular package drivers will have their start times pushed to 11am or noon because the hybrid drivers coming off the preload will be doing your air and morning bulk stops. They’ll send you out with 8 hours of work but you’ll be still punching out at 8-9 pm so they have coverage for late pickups and OCA until the last possible hour, there for no more 9.5 grievances and they still have coverage until late in the evening. You guys are clueless if you think the company is going to give you 8 hours everyday and watch you go home at 5pm. The idea for them is to have around the clock coverage for as cheap as possible. Wake up ppl.

Tony Q

Not a chance....

It's cheaper to pay overtime, than put another truck and driver on the road.

-Bug-
Basically, they will never end overtime for package car drivers. The new harassment and 9.5 language will give the members options. This 22.4 will as well, whenever it gets ratified. Remember this, Every package car on the road costs more in insurance, gas, and upsets their stops per car. If you are a package car driver who wants the hours you'll get them.

DOK

I sat thru the proposal meeting and have heard endless complaints about hours worked and weekend work,9.5,9.5,9.5,that's clearly what the members where most concerned with.the drivers said the 9.5 language does not mean that the company should violate and pay the penalty.now they wont.
there will nothing left to call extra work or overtime work. your 40 job is guaranteed not your route or area or your stop count. all there gonna do is lower/adjust stop counts, move late pickups off of you and create hybrid routes for the hybrid drivers. everyone will be under 9.5 and it looks like there will be many drivers who will lose at least an hour a day in OT. it will get everyone home to see the kids and at the same time cut at least 10 grand and possibly more from your gross yearly pay

Bruh hate to break it to you but the hybrids will be doing the morning work, you’ll be doing the late pickups and your start time will be 11:30am

Brohn Bron

Not a chance....

It's cheaper to pay overtime, than put another truck and driver on the road.

-Bug-
True. But that also depends on how many drivers will be in OT. There must be an algorithm that helps decide when one becomes more expensive than the other. Consider that Dispatch is also trying to beat the yearly performance numbers for that day as well.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Bruh hate to break it to you but the hybrids will be doing the morning work, you’ll be doing the late pickups and your start time will be 11:30am

And how exactly.... is the company going to get around Article 40, and supplemental

language such as Maintenance of Standards ?

-Bug-

Brohn Bron

I understand what you are saying with the people doing your job for less an hour. Here is my question. Do you really think UPS will ever actually take your overtime away, as a package car driver?
The overall trend, my guess is yes!

Obviously their goals are, make service first, minimize expense (OT is a YUGE part of that) and beat the prior year’s metrics.

Basically, they will never end overtime for package car drivers. The new harassment and 9.5 language will give the members options. This 22.4 will as well, whenever it gets ratified. Remember this, Every package car on the road costs more in insurance, gas, and upsets their stops per car. If you are a package car driver who wants the hours you'll get them.
We have to fund our retirement somehow