They are taking FT drivers OT

Integrity

Binge Poster
Nobody will get home any earlier. If this gets voted in , I see a 10 am start time in the future. I can see my center manager getting that little jab in.
This as I stated in a previous post somewhere is another concern of mine.

I do believe that the RPCD position needs to have Start Time Protection Language included in this.

IMO This is a serious concern and opening for games.

F

Frankie's Friend

The RPCD driver will be on the list regardless of seniority as long as they have one 22.4 driver on a seniority list.
What list? 9.5?

In any building that implements 22.4 Combination Drivers, all RPCDs will fall under the Article 37 Section 1 (c) “9.5” protection regardless of years of service or the route they hold. The newly created 22.4 Combination Driver jobs will not fall under the Article 37 “9.5” lan- guage. All other conditions in the NMUPS agreement and the Supplements, Riders and Addendum will apply.
Change in current 9.5 language?

Actually it is not. It is actually more of an introduction of a part time package car driver class that is in combo with other jobs to make it s full time job.

I don't see why part time combo drivers should make the same as a Regular Package Car Driver.
Your name here doesnt match this posting. If working over 4 hrs in a job that provides a higher rate of pay for the rest of the hrs worked then why the heck should people doing PACKAGE CAR WORK get paid less? Wake up dude. I know it's not nice but your mentality sucks.

I don't know where you are but in my parts extra work always was offered to senior guys first.
Not if its dispatched on a different route/loop. That's not extra work when the 22.4 classification includes package car work.

No man is perfect.

Nor is any system or organization created by man.
That's a freaking cop out.

Raping the package car classification work and paying people less is not an imperfect "mistake".
Call it for what it is dude.
You're lost.

Every thread topic you start, notates "on Topic".

But yet, you always want to interject posts.... deferring to religious beliefs.

I find it offensive.

-Bug-
In the union forum he's just a speed bump.
Not to be obtuse but if 22.4 drivers are able to do on straight time work that was once overtime then it is obviously no longer overtime.

It seems like a win/win to me.

Reduction in excessive overtime.

Increased full-time opportunities for part-time work force.

IMO
The part-time work force does deserve increased opportunity.
It'll be an across the board forced reduction of OT...not just a help to those on the 9.5 list.
Being "gullible" doesnt not validate a lack of "integrity".

Again, the company is going to hire FT pkg car drivers. They need them now. Our 4 part time employees permanent driving opportunities are on hold.
One has already been to Integrad and has been denied the chance to qualify for months and all the while vac replacement drivers are on road.

The company is chomping at the bit so much that theyll screw over the existing part time employees who have signed the ft pkg car bid sheet months ago, denying them access to integrad in hopes to reduce the quantity of ft drivers they have to guarantee.

There's no integrity in that.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Frankie's Friend

Disagree.
Look mr self proclaimed integrity, Idk what you agree with or disagree with.

The pkg car work has always been protected from being cannibalized. It is about keeping the integrity of the work in that classification.

Why not let feeders be included in the 22.4 abortion? Because it doesnt fit the need at the moment.

But it'll be next. The downward slide of dissolution has started.
Pandoras box is getting opened.

Soft spined members like you are part of the problem.

Did Jim Jones send you to Krogers to buy the camp koolaid?

Wake up dude.

browned out

The Union is presenting this like we wanted all over time to be eliminated for the package car driver.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

A simple way to get this addressed would be to have a Union Stewart at every facility conduct a poll of full-time drivers. Collect signatures.

And ask do you support the FT drivers" right to overtime and extra work?
Should full-time drivers be offered overtime and extra work before it is offered to the hybrid drivers?
Do you want to keep your 9-5 protection while also having the right to take over time if it is available when you need or want it?

And then submit the results of the polls to the local. I can pretty much guarantee that the results of such a polll would prove that drivers DO want to have the right to overtime before it is offered to 22.4s.

F

Frankie's Friend

The Union is presenting this like we wanted all over time to be eliminated for the package car driver.

Nothing could be further from the truth.

A simple way to get this addressed would be to have a Union Stewart at every facility conduct a poll of full-time drivers. Collect signatures.

And ask do you support the FT drivers" right to overtime and extra work?
Should full-time drivers be offered overtime and extra work before it is offered to the hybrid drivers?
Do you want to keep your 9-5 protection while also having the right to take over time if it is available when you need or want it?

And then submit the results of the polls to the local. I can pretty much guarantee that the results of such a polll would prove that drivers DO want to have the right to overtime before it is offered to 22.4s.
We are running out of time. This is a good start.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
I get the sentiment that nobody should feel entitled to overtime, but the company is the one that tried to normalize excessive OT for the past decade. I remember getting a ODS message a couple years back at the end of a 9-hour day saying "since you're done early you need to help out" and I called in and went off about how 9 hours is not "early" to rest of the civilized world.

To yank the rug out by eliminating all OT would be disruptive and cause a lot of strife. "Excessive" OT should be defined, and the company should utilize 22.4 to accommodate those who don't want it. I'm used to about 10 OT hours a week, which is not even a lot for my building. Anything under 5, I'll live, but it'll sting and I'll have to adjust.

Logic

I don't know if I missed something, but I have not seen any new language for 9.5 violations. In my center they are forcing people over (e.g. I worked all 5 days over 10.5 hours every day in one week) and they are just going to pay the penalty. Shouldn't we have language that allows us to bring work back if they don't bring our workload down?