They made a mistake with my check. Who should I talk to about it?

mr_bennet

I usually wait until I get home to open my check and when I did today I see I only got paid for 3.98 hours. I know I didn't get paid for the holiday because I have reached seniority yet. They sent me to the hospital on the 2nd and I was under the impression that I got paid for that day too. I worked 4 hours on the 3rd. I went for a follow up visit on the 4th and I know I didn't get paid for that. I worked 4 hours on the 5th.

Im gonna start writing my hours down myself, but I need to know who am I supposed to talk to about this problem? Is it the finance department? My full time supervisor is away on some sort of 2 week training thing so I know it's not him.

rod

Retired 22 years
Did you write down your punchout times each day? The secret of getting what is due you at UPS is documenting EVERYTHING.

drewed

Shankman
I usually wait until I get home to open my check and when I did today I see I only got paid for 3.98 hours. I know I didn't get paid for the holiday because I have reached seniority yet. They sent me to the hospital on the 2nd and I was under the impression that I got paid for that day too. I worked 4 hours on the 3rd. I went for a follow up visit on the 4th and I know I didn't get paid for that. I worked 4 hours on the 5th.

Im gonna start writing my hours down myself, but I need to know who am I supposed to talk to about this problem? Is it the finance department? My full time supervisor is away on some sort of 2 week training thing so I know it's not him.

Your ft sup will be the one to fix it.
Why did they send you to the hospital?

mr_bennet

I didn't write my punchout times down is that gonna hurt me when I confront them with the mistake? Even if I don't have the times should'nt they have it? If they don't whats the point in punching in and punching out every day.

If the full time supervisor isn't there then who do I talk to?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Mr B yes they have records but if you had your own records they would have a harder time argueing with you over the times. It's always a good idea to keep track of your times just for these occasions. Actually if you get in the habit of documenting everything then you can go back and look at your records if there is ever a question about anything.

rod

Retired 22 years
I didn't write my punchout times down is that gonna hurt me when I confront them with the mistake? Even if I don't have the times should'nt they have it? If they don't whats the point in punching in and punching out every day.

If the full time supervisor isn't there then who do I talk to?

So when they ask you "exactly what time were you done on tuesday last week?" what are you going to say? Aw --I think about 4:00 or so give or take a few minutes. Believe me -----document everything!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
As a driver I can give you a stack of info notices (because they are handy-in my pocket) of every day of the year with the date, rte, stop count, pkg count, any unusual occurence, and clock out time. Arguments with sups, sent outta rte, helped on someone elses rte (stop count, pkg count), etc.
you may think this is a bit drastic but, they company has taught me that I have to cover my :censored2:, because they sure aren't.

rod

Retired 22 years
As a driver I can give you a stack of info notices (because they are handy-in my pocket) of every day of the year with the date, rte, stop count, pkg count, any unusual occurence, and clock out time. Arguments with sups, sent outta rte, helped on someone elses rte (stop count, pkg count), etc.
you may think this is a bit drastic but, they company has taught me that I have to cover my :censored2:, because they sure aren't.

I always used a yearly pocket calendar. If I looked around I bet I could still find a bundle of them that cover about 28 years--------took me couple of years to wise up and keep records.