They told him he couldn't run with the big dogs...

SmithBarney

240miles, 70 stops, not a bad day.
That was after about 10 stops.
My little MeepMeep, as long as they hold up, I think they'll be a good investment 24mpg, X probably should have gotten the longer wheel base, I haven't run into any packages that don't fit yet. The left slide door is really a nice touch(there's one on the right too, rarely open it)

Attachments

• IMG_20190924_094735330_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20190924_094735330_HDR.jpg
    441.7 KB · Views: 230

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
240miles, 70 stops, not a bad day.
That was after about 10 stops.
My little MeepMeep, as long as they hold up, I think they'll be a good investment 24mpg, X probably should have gotten the longer wheel base, I haven't run into any packages that don't fit yet. The left slide door is really a nice touch(there's one on the right too, rarely open it)
What is it?

scooby0048

Oh sorry, 2020 Ford Transit Connect. They are starting to trickle out into some stations. Sorry from that angle it does look big, it's smallish, perfect for a rural route without too many rough dirt roads.
No the picture made it look rather small. I was thinking it was some Dodge Promaster or even a Pacifica type of van.

MAKAVELI

Oh sorry, 2020 Ford Transit Connect. They are starting to trickle out into some stations. Sorry from that angle it does look big, it's smallish, perfect for a rural route without too many rough dirt roads.
With that many stops, even a rural rote, I'd prefer the new Sprinter. Even with it's flaws.

scooby0048

I run 285-400 miles 90% on dirt. 40-60 stops still think it might be too small.

SmithBarney

With that many stops, even a rural rote, I'd prefer the new Sprinter. Even with it's flaws.
Love the sprinter, but the left side door is what really saves the Transit, without it, it would be just as bad as an Econoline. Comfy ride, good mileage, lower purchase price(less than half the cost of a sprinter) Although I think either the longer wheel base, or the standard Transit might have been a better investment for FedEx. But so far this little guy works well.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
And more mechanics are able to work on Fords than Mercedes. Our station trained ONE mechanic out of 8 to work on the Sprinter. He has to maintain and repair 30+ vehicles.

Serf

And more mechanics are able to work on Fords than Mercedes. Our station trained ONE mechanic out of 8 to work on the Sprinter. He has to maintain and repair 30+ vehicles.
Wait, you have 8 mechanics? I think we have 1 and. 1/2. Morning guy who's out by 2. And another who shows up occasionally in the evening.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Wait, you have 8 mechanics? I think we have 1 and. 1/2. Morning guy who's out by 2. And another who shows up occasionally in the evening.
Three shifts. We're at a co-op site in a hub. Only one full-time mechanic dedicated to our station (Sprinters). Two others as needed for the stepvans and box trucks. Otherwise they all work on CTV's and tugs.

SmithBarney

I'm hoping to drive one sometime just because I'm a big, tall fatty and wanna see how much of me can fit inside.
I'll tell you our largest and tallest(same person) drove it, and he loved it, I think he's 6'3, 300+? I'm 5'10 and if I reach straight up I can't put my palm flat on the ceiling.(the seat is adjustable, I use it close to the lowest position.)

Star B

White Lightening
I'm big and I love driving it, other than the actual governor on the thing... but that's a blessing as I'll explain. The new metris vans don't have cruise and being tall and with a badly designed bulkhead, it's quite painful to keep feathering the throttle (it's got a 2.0 turbo) so you're not doing 99mph on the hwy. If the transit had more tire clearance it'd be a nice rural truck as it's fwd.

How the hell do you do that without shelves and being able to keep everything in order ? That would drive my OCD crazy .
rubber floors keep it in place

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
My work truck is a 350 Transit with an enclosed service body and I get this diabolic squeaking from the bulkhead. Do you guys have that problem with how yours are set up?