Things customers should know

Ms.PacMan

I did knock. I knocked 10 times, yes I counted, and I rang your doorbell twice, as I filled out the delivery notice telling you who it was for and from who was sending it... I actually circled the number on the back so you could call if you wanted to pick your package up
Me: She was washing the dishes and had ear buds in
Message: She said she's very sorry, what is your ETA back to building.

My favorite was the I didn't knock complaint and the complaint from the guy across the street that I was making too much noise from the same delivery!

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
I guy said that to me a few weeks ago and I said hey way to come up with something original

He face drop and I walked away
It grates on your nerves cause its old and over said to us. I have found it is mostly an older person telling you so in their minds its funny.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
It grates on your nerves cause its old and over said to us. I have found it is mostly an older person telling you so in their minds its funny.
I really try to be nice and laugh most days. Sometimes I'm just not in the mood and say yeah I'm fed up.

I once had a guy convinced we really were merging though.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Yes just at the door cause most people even hate that obnoxious loud knock . You don't want to scare anybody but you can forget that honk every time you stop.
My residential is the ghetto. I'm ok with scaring people by banging too loud if it cuts down on the crap I have to carry back to the truck :)
If it's a place I know I'm not going to release I blast the horn outside. Then I ring a bell if it exists and bang on the door. I occasionally get the "You knock like the police--you're going to get shot" and from my police training I stand slightly off to the side in case some dummy does decide to send some lead through the door.

BrownArmy

Me, sitting at traffic light:

Customer walks through traffic, says, "can you take this (ARS) package?"

"Sure, throw it on the floor, have a great day".

------

Me, sitting at traffic light:

Customer walks through traffic, says, "can you tape up this box for me, I have a label?"

Big smile, "not right now".

Green light, clutch/e-brake/gas, drive away.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
You have been in business for (X) number of years and get packages everyday and sign for them EVERYDAY. Do you really need to ask me today if you need to sign?

Z

ZQXC

Yes I've heard fedex and ups are merging. No it wasn't funny the first time I heard it. It's sure not funny the 500th.

I really am sick of that one. As soon as they deliver the set-up line, I interrupt and say "Are they gonna call it Up-Ex?"

Leaves them with a stunned look.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
I deliver your business between 10:20 and 10:30 everyday for the last ten years. Why do I have to look for someone to sigh?

Packmule

If I'm climbing back in my truck when you open the door, don't stand there staring at me with a puzzled look on your face. Look down at your feet. That package there will answer all your questions.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

While we do have some of the same issues here, we have a number of people who like to yell "come in" and get upset when I instead leave the package by their door and make my way back to the pkg car.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
While we do have some of the same issues here, we have a number of people who like to yell "come in" and get upset when I instead leave the package by their door and make my way back to the pkg car.
Yeah, on every route I've always heard the come in. I mutter um no under my breath to myself and knock again.

9.5er

I deliver your business between 10:20 and 10:30 everyday for the last ten years. Why do I have to look for someone to sigh?
Because that is their break time.

What gets me is the clerks running a cash register that says "I'll have to call a manager". They are trusted to handle money but not a box.

OPTION3

Because that is their break time.

What gets me is the clerks running a cash register that says "I'll have to call a manager". They are trusted to handle money but not a box.
even better when the manager comes from the back of the store and says,” I need you to bring that to the stock room in the back”.....especially when the delivery point is FRONT DESK.....nope ...sign or it’s a refusal....Have a nice day either way!

tapatio75

and because everyone who yells UPS back is definitely UPS? :) I refuse to yell. Not through a door...not up to the fourth floor...not across a yard. I'll say UPS through a door. If you scream WHO again without looking out the peephole I see right in front of me or the blinds in the window next to me or the little window above your door that I'm looking at you through while you're continuing to sit in your recliner, then you will see, er...hear me again tomorrow around this time.
Bingo!!! I can only yell UPS 3 times before I leave

Sent using BrownCafe App