Things I've Learned as a Courier.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
I'd like to propose this thread as an opportunity for everyone to share any advice or experiences along a more lighthearted vein. One of the more enjoyable pastimes I pursue is exchanging 'war stories' when socializing with coworkers. To set the example:

As a rural area courier, one of the things I've learned, is that when bagging and releasing a package at the recipients locked gate, make sure you're not standing on a fire ant mound.

Yeah, it happened.:blushing:

SmithBarney

As a rural area courier, one of the things I've learned, is that when bagging and releasing a package at the recipients locked gate, make sure you're not standing on a fire ant mound.

What's a fire ant... none around here...

I do something special for all my customers(if I can) I can't mention it here though or it would give me away to the super powers, my mgr frequents this site, and I knows what I do.

As a side note I WILL GET MY TIPS THIS YEAR... they moved my route during peak and the people covering it took all my tips, Regular customers asked how I liked the wine and cheese basket, or if I got the $$... I didn't get anything...oooh those pricks Even the CVS gave me a gift card(for CVS) which I never got from the jerk covering that area.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
The shorter list would be those areas where I am inferior.

It would be blank.
image.jpg

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
Fire ants are no joke. When I was in Basic Training, a buddy and I found a mound and had a contest to see who could keep their hand in the longest. But then again, young and dumb was how I ended up in the Army to begin with.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
What's a fire ant... none around here...

I do something special for all my customers(if I can) I can't mention it here though or it would give me away to the super powers, my mgr frequents this site, and I knows what I do.

As a side note I WILL GET MY TIPS THIS YEAR... they moved my route during peak and the people covering it took all my tips, Regular customers asked how I liked the wine and cheese basket, or if I got the $$... I didn't get anything...oooh those pricks Even the CVS gave me a gift card(for CVS) which I never got from the jerk covering that area.
Self explanatory description....South American ant relocated to U.S. whose bite/sting burns like fire and leaves a blister. Not pleasant.

Code 82 Approved

Titanium Plus+ Level Member with benefits!
I'd like to propose this thread as an opportunity for everyone to share any advice or experiences along a more lighthearted vein. One of the more enjoyable pastimes I pursue is exchanging 'war stories' when socializing with coworkers. To set the example:

My first few years at Ground, I was a private swing driver hired by a half dozen contractors to give them more vacation. I basically did one route and went to the next route the week after. Rinse and repeat.

4 of those were rural routes during that time, and one had this house about a mile in from the main road. A real winding turd with low branches and a few suspect bridges over creeks that flowed through the property. Once at the house, there was little room to turn around a P1000. But it was do-able if they didn't have cars in the way. A true test of close quarters maneuvering.

On my last visit to this hell house, I was greeted by a friendly Weimaraner dog. I threw him a dog biscuit and took a step up the stairs to the porch, only to be bitten right in the ass. Left them a note on their door explaining what happened, along with my cell #. I explained I would be happy to meet them at the road, take their pkgs to their work, or whatever solution they wished to suggest. No response.

For the rest of the time I did that route I hung their packages in a bag at the highway sign identifying their house number with the following msg on a door tag:

I'm the bitten one.

WestcoastHD

Massive Stinkies
My first few years at Ground, I was a private swing driver hired by a half dozen contractors to give them more vacation. I basically did one route and went to the next route the week after. Rinse and repeat.

4 of those were rural routes during that time, and one had this house about a mile in from the main road. A real winding turd with low branches and a few suspect bridges over creeks that flowed through the property. Once at the house, there was little room to turn around a P1000. But it was do-able if they didn't have cars in the way. A true test of close quarters maneuvering.

On my last visit to this hell house, I was greeted by a friendly Weimaraner dog. I threw him a dog biscuit and took a step up the stairs to the porch, only to be bitten right in the ass. Left them a note on their door explaining what happened, along with my cell #. I explained I would be happy to meet them at the road, take their pkgs to their work, or whatever solution they wished to suggest. No response.

For the rest of the time I did that route I hung their packages in a bag at the highway sign identifying their house number with the following msg on a door tag:

I'm the bitten one.

Haha! I do the same exact thing. Unless it's a lab or a golden retriever, it gets bagged and released by the mailbox. I don't get paid enough to get bit by dogs.