insipidtoasts thread of questions

raceanoncr

How you feeling now?

Retirement has a way of making EVERYTHING better.

It's always sunny. It's always 80 here in the Midwest. My alcohol fridge is always full. I look like I'm 25. My wife looks like she's 21. Rosanne Barr singing the National Anthem sounds good. The Green Bay Packers always win the game. Obama is starting to make sense (or is that just because he's out soon?). I'm starting to collect some records by a new group called "The Beatles". Hillary Clinton never lies.

Ahhh....yes...life is good.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
[QUOTE

Did anyone wear a wedding ring and get in trouble? Can you wear your ring on the job?[/QUOTE]
GW600H449

I do not wear my ring on the job. My apologies if this is too nasty to keep up.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
I'm 27. I'm in good shape, but I've heard the entry level, and driver jobs are really hard on the body over the long term. I was a seasonal driver helper last year and enjoyed the work, but I just don't know if I'm cut out for it over the long term.. Most of the drivers it seemed had started with UPS as handlers when they were fresh out of high school.

I feel bad recently, because I quit within the first month as a substitute rural carrier for the Post Office. I couldn't tolerate that 5 hours a day were spent organizing the mail before leaving the office by sticking thousands of oversized papers, magazines and letters into hundreds of corresponding tiny slots using only one hand without having everything bunch up, and still be told that I should be working 3 or 4 times faster. That was much too finnicky.

I have an Associate of Science and Bachelors of Arts Degree, so that isn't too helpful for getting any job. I was thinking of starting with Fedex so I could go straight into a delivery position and have a lighter load than what UPS drivers have. I know the benefits and pay are comparatively bad, but a part of me thinks that I may still find a better career someday doing something else. I might even pursue a Masters Degree in a field with a bright outlook. Any ideas?

Also, I applied for a package handler position in a city on the UPS website, but whenever I get to the screen where it says to click to schedule an appointment, it always just tells me that there are no more appointments available. This is how it's been for two months. Why do they even bother posting the job then? The worst thing is that I've decided to move out of state, and I can't even apply to another job elsewhere, because the website has me locked into the position I already applied to. I can't rescind my application.
Jfc....if you can't even figure out how to apply for the job....maybe a career change is in order. Perhaps one involving French fries.

BrownThunder

Started loading at 31 and now driving at 32, you're good.

If I was to compare it to anything, it's like swimming in cold water. At first it's uncomfortable but after a while (assuming you can swim) once you've been in it, it's not so uncomfortable

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Started loading at 31 and now driving at 32, you're good.

If I was to compare it to anything, it's like swimming in cold water. At first it's uncomfortable but after a while (assuming you can swim) once you've been in it, it's not so uncomfortable

Much like a frog sitting in a pot of warm water does not realize that it is boiling until it is too ate.