Things that drivers actually do for their customers...

BrownTexas

I do my job, my customers appreciate that from me. I don't take short cuts to get off earlier. I do the job as it has been designed to do.

kingOFchester

Customer treats me right I go above and beyond.

Customers treats me poorly and the packages go where I put them.

Do you enjoy being difficult? Or being a colossal :censored2: is something that you inherited?
Obviously I was asking for particulars. But I guess that went above and beyond your ability to be normal.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Gamestop has their delivery and pickup in the morning. I swing back in the afternoon as they process packages throughout the day.

The college bookstore also has their delivery and pickup in the morning. I swing back in the afternoon during their busy season as they also process packages throughout the day.

The UPS Store bags their smalls and separates their air for me. I make sure that they have plenty of forever bags and will wait if they have customers in line to make sure that I have picked everything up.

Vision Works does not open until 10:30 on Monday so they have asked me to indirect their NDA to Walmart Vision rather than sheeting it as closed and waiting until I come back through in the afternoon to redeliver.

I think you get the idea.

billerz

I delivered a tent to an office building last week, 4 big boxes all together weighing well over 100 pounds. Brought it up to the third floor, made it in the office and the lady said " wow I didn't think it was gonna be so big, can we take it to my car?". I loaded it all back up, wheeled it down to the parking lot and helped her load it into her car.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I delivered a tent to an office building last week, 4 big boxes all together weighing well over 100 pounds. Brought it up to the third floor, made it in the office and the lady said " wow I didn't think it was gonna be so big, can we take it to my car?". I loaded it all back up, wheeled it down to the parking lot and helped her load it into her car.

I'm a nice guy but that ain't gonna happen.

Indecisi0n

I would have told her sure I'll help let me run back down to my truck to get my other handcart and when I got to the truck I would have drove off.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Sucka!!!

kingOFchester

Floor 4 of an apartment building. Last apartment at end of hall. One of those electric jeep cars kids drive. Lady answers door and says "can we put it in my car?, its for my niece"

Back down hall, down elevator, thru lobby, thru 80% of parking lot, waited for seats to be put down in SUV then loaded it. Her phone rings, she answers and walks away. All I would of wanted was a "Thank you very much". Didn't even get that.

For some reason she seems to have a lot of NI's since then.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Floor 4 of an apartment building. Last apartment at end of hall. One of those electric jeep cars kids drive. Lady answers door and says "can we put it in my car?, its for my niece"

Back down hall, down elevator, thru lobby, thru 80% of parking lot, waited for seats to be put down in SUV then loaded it. Her phone rings, she answers and walks away. All I would of wanted was a "Thank you very much". Didn't even get that.

For some reason she seems to have a lot of NI's since then.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but we are required to make the delivery to your door. Thank you, have a nice day."

barnyard

KTM rider
When I am delivering to older folks, I try and make sure that I leave things where it is easy for them to pick up. If there is a lawn chair near, I'll move the chair closer to the door and set them on that.

Those cases of Nestle nutrition that cancer patients get. I always knock on the door and always offer to put them wherever they want them. They have enough on their shoulders, the least I can do is make things a tiny bit easier.