Things the contract should address

dudebro

Deliver it before noon, nobody is awake yet.
Except that one older lady always looking out of a window on the 4th floor of any residential building. You yell the consignee up at her and she sends someone to find him or her if she doesn't think you're a detective on a bogus delivery.

Except that one older lady always looking out of a window on the 4th floor of any residential building. You yell the consignee up at her and she sends someone to find him or her if she doesn't think you're a detective on a bogus delivery.
I don't miss those days. Are you the PoPo?

No...i got your freaking package, open the door and sign for it.

542thruNthru

For some reason I still take pride in my job. Not sure why but I do.

giphy.gif

DOK

If someone is on the 9.5 list it shouldn't be limited to 3 days a week. I'm it should be 9.0 and not 9.5.

Distance a bidroute can travel from core work. I have seen numerous bid route destroyed in my building because dispatch is giving them random cuts two counties over. It's bull:censored2:. They bid those areas and earned the with time for a reason.

There should be a limit in total weight a driver is allowed to move per day. Including pickups and deliveries. When I see these guys going out with plugged trucks full of metal bricks only to pick up the same thing g later I can't imagine their health will be good in 10 years.

A little late for this thread, but Good points.

Local 705 for life

You know when I was a new driver I remember being trained during peak and had 2 days with a supervisor and then on my 3rd day sent me out blind in a 5 cube with 300 stops. I got it done because I knew that the customer saw me and not the machine. I got in About 10pm. They were waiting for me and asked how many did I bring back and I gave the sup the keys and punched out. They next day they gave me a 10 cube 39 years ago. I was fortunate because I got out early because I came in early saved my money and bought ups Stock when it was less than 10 dollars share and now it's upward to 120 thanks management for i wouldn't have made it if was not for that old truck with 300 stops. Guys it not how you start but how you finish. Local 705 for life.

Local 705 for life

For some reason I still take pride in my job. Not sure why but I do.
The customer brother is why we do it. You know when I was a new driver I remember being trained during peak and had 2 days with a supervisor and then on my 3rd day sent me out blind in a 5 cube with 300 stops. I got it done because I knew that the customer saw me and not the machine. I got in About 10pm. They were waiting for me and asked how many did I bring back and I gave the sup the keys and punched out. They next day they gave me a 10 cube 39 years ago. I was fortunate because I got out early because I came in early saved my money and bought ups Stock when it was less than 10 dollars share and now it's upward to 120 thanks management for i wouldn't have made it if was not for that old truck with 300 stops. Guys it not how you start but how you finish. Local 705 for life.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You know when I was a new driver I remember being trained during peak and had 2 days with a supervisor and then on my 3rd day sent me out blind in a 5 cube with 300 stops.

Wow.... you're old. :biggrin:

The good thing about those little 5 cubes, you didn't have to walk off to many stops.

They were so small you could drive them anywhere and still turn around.