Things the contract should address

35years

Gravy route
bought ups Stock when it was less than 10 dollars share and now it's upward to 120 thanks management for i wouldn't have made it if was not for that old truck with 300 stops. Guys it not how you start but how you finish. Local 705 for life.
Nice story. I call BS.
Stock was never available to Teamsters at $10. So we're you management or were you "705 for life"?? Or never actually a driver? 300 stops 39 years ago....I really doubt it. No D.R. back then.

The Milkman

Sometimes how much stuff that is in a package car can be misleading. You could have a smaller trick with less bulk but every house might be 150 feet away from the street.

Every route is so different I don't know how you can come up with an honest time allowance on them.

I Agree Gums. I once had route in a P-500, rural route, still sheeting on paper, 51 stops, 52 pieces during peak. No bulk stop to clear the isle. So after like 2-3 hours you finally can get a grip on what's left in the car

bowhnterdon

I agree. I think it was opened up to hourlies about ‘95. It was about 40-45 a share if I recall correctly. Did make out good when Ups went public..

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
If someone is on the 9.5 list it shouldn't be limited to 3 days a week. I'm it should be 9.0 and not 9.5.

Distance a bidroute can travel from core work. I have seen numerous bid route destroyed in my building because dispatch is giving them random cuts two counties over. It's bull:censored2:. They bid those areas and earned the with time for a reason.

There should be a limit in total weight a driver is allowed to move per day. Including pickups and deliveries. When I see these guys going out with plugged trucks full of metal bricks only to pick up the same thing g later I can't imagine their health will be good in 10 years.

Did you go to any early meetings when the union was soliciting ideas?

If you had, maybe you would see these concerns addressed.

Local 705 for life

Their is no real honest way you can give an exact time allowance for a package or a stop.

I honestly don't care, I just go deliver them. I only worry about the numbers on my paycheck
I have spoken to IE about many routes since Late 80s and finally I got the truth there is no way to plan routes based on an formula. And center manager agreed as well. Big brown brainwashed all it management and special departments on all levels for years.

Local 705 for life

If someone is on the 9.5 list it shouldn't be limited to 3 days a week. I'm it should be 9.0 and not 9.5.

Distance a bidroute can travel from core work. I have seen numerous bid route destroyed in my building because dispatch is giving them random cuts two counties over. It's bull:censored2:. They bid those areas and earned the with time for a reason.

There should be a limit in total weight a driver is allowed to move per day. Including pickups and deliveries. When I see these guys going out with plugged trucks full of metal bricks only to pick up the same thing g later I can't imagine their health will be good in 10 years.
they will be vague with the language as usual and leave a window of opportunity for any agreements they intend to manipulate in the near future.

Local 705 for life

Sometimes how much stuff that is in a package car can be misleading. You could have a smaller trick with less bulk but every house might be 150 feet away from the street.

Every route is so different I don't know how you can come up with an honest time allowance on them.
Yes speak the truth I have analyzed IE plans since the 80s and finally I found some truth there allowances are based on a formula that doesn't take in consideration of all various situation we encounter on a daily basis.

Yes speak the truth I have analyzed IE plans since the 80s and finally I found some truth there allowances are based on a formula that doesn't take in consideration of all various situation we encounter on a daily basis.
I still remember getting the old time studies and having the guy tell me you walked up more steps to certain places than we can give you a time allowance for. What the :censored2: is that?

Local 705 for life

I still remember getting the old time studies and having the guy tell me you walked up more steps to certain places than we can give you a time allowance for. What the :censored2: is that?
If you see there plans they didn't consistently have different plans on a daily basis. Sometimes they would forecast the same plan daily even weekly.