Things the contract should address

Local 705 for life

Nice story. I call BS.
Stock was never available to Teamsters at $10. So we're you management or were you "705 for life"?? Or never actually a driver? 300 stops 39 years ago....I really doubt it. No D.R. back then.
yeah I had 300 stops no need to fabricate anything here. The route was in Libertyville and lake forest Illinois. I can show receipts for the Stock purchase. The money was rolled over from a savings plan that started with a savings plan for the rank and file. I can not remember what it was called but the company matched it dollar for dollar. And then closed it. I will try and find out what it was called. And I may be off a few dollars on the Stock purchase it could have been 15 or 16 dollars sir. And yes 705 for life

35years

Gravy route
yeah I had 300 stops no need to fabricate anything here. The route was in Libertyville and lake forest Illinois. I can show receipts for the Stock purchase. The money was rolled over from a savings plan that started with a savings plan for the rank and file. I can not remember what it was called but the company matched it dollar for dollar. And then closed it. I will try and find out what it was called. And I may be off a few dollars on the Stock purchase it could have been 15 or 16 dollars sir. And yes 705 for life
Thrift plan

Tony Q

If someone is on the 9.5 list it shouldn't be limited to 3 days a week. I'm it should be 9.0 and not 9.5.

Distance a bidroute can travel from core work. I have seen numerous bid route destroyed in my building because dispatch is giving them random cuts two counties over. It's bull:censored2:. They bid those areas and earned the with time for a reason.

There should be a limit in total weight a driver is allowed to move per day. Including pickups and deliveries. When I see these guys going out with plugged trucks full of metal bricks only to pick up the same thing g later I can't imagine their health will be good in 10 years.
It's limited to 2 days a week and they can't excessively work you 11 hours on those days either.

dudebro

I have spoken to IE about many routes since Late 80s and finally I got the truth there is no way to plan routes based on an formula. And center manager agreed as well. Big brown brainwashed all it management and special departments on all levels for years.

Well folks, with that brilliant treatise on IE methology, I'm back to believing he's a Teamster.

rod

Retired 22 years
I agree. I think it was opened up to hourlies about ‘95. It was about 40-45 a share if I recall correctly. Did make out good when Ups went public..

The first opportunity we had to buy stock it was $27. That was right after they stopped the Thrift Plan and we had to roll our $$$$ over into something else. I bought a thousand shares and shortly after that the stock split so I ended up with 2,000 shares. I sold it all when it hit $85.

Local 705 for life

The first opportunity we had to buy stock it was $27. That was right after they stopped the Thrift Plan and we had to roll our $$$$ over into something else. I bought a thousand shares and shortly after that the stock split so I ended up with 2,000 shares. I sold it all when it hit $85.
Thank you the thrift plan was it. I might mistakenly put the wrong price. Retired no memory. LoL

88UPS1969

When they rolled the stock out to us part-timers back then I paid $15 a share and did the same as far as rolling over the thrift plan only was able to buy about 700 shares and I still own them plus split and also started holding out $ 100 a week as I am still doing and reinvesting dividends so I have a very healthy strike fund!! Don't know why you would have sold them??

Rack em

Made the Podium
When they rolled the stock out to us part-timers back then I paid $15 a share and did the same as far as rolling over the thrift plan only was able to buy about 700 shares and I still own them plus split and also started holding out $ 100 a week as I am still doing and reinvesting dividends so I have a very healthy strike fund!! Don't know why you would have sold them??
Sell now because IF we were to strike that stock is going to drop, which means your strike fund is going to drop.

Local 705 for life

Did I sell them brother. Lol

88UPS1969

705 for Life, you are correct never $ 10 !! They maybe confused that we were able to purchase Quarterly for the lowest price during that Quarter and minus 10% discount on top of the lowest price for the Quarter!! That must be where he is getting 10$ from when it was10% discount$

Local 705 for life

705 for Life, you are correct never $ 10 !! They maybe confused that we were able to purchase Quarterly for the lowest price during that Quarter and minus 10% discount on top of the lowest price for the Quarter!! That must be where he is getting 10$ from when it was10% discount$
I tried to explain I don't remember that was a long time ago. Now it's over so forgive my memory loss. Okay you guy's win. I got nothing to prove. I beat brown and got out. At this point it was if was ten or twenty. I helped a lot of the young rank and file before I left and see them retiring now. So that's my true reward. It wasn't all about me but us.

88UPS1969

I am old 3 pension plans that I will never all for my kids and grandkids. My legacy compliments of the big brown machine. They taught me how to plan. I had nothing when I walked in that door.
I'm in the same ⛵ boat 3 pension plans and will probably never live to see the full amount owed!! Sent my paperwork in to UPS retirement and because of my youth they are going to penalize me 6% for every year that I'm under 62??? That's what they consider normal retirement age!! Heck, I would have 44 years of service? That would be a sight have to get my walker out 1st then my handtruck and finally the package and somehow get it to the door?? LOL

88UPS1969

I tried to explain I don't remember that was a long time ago. Now it's over so forgive my memory loss. Okay you guy's win. I got nothing to prove. I beat brown and got out. At this point it was if was ten or twenty. I helped a lot of the young rank and file before I left and see them retiring now. So that's my true reward. It wasn't all about me but us.
SO TRUE!!

Local 705 for life

I'm in the same ⛵ boat 3 pension plans and will probably never live to see the full amount owed!! Sent my paperwork in to UPS retirement and because of my youth they are going to penalize me 6% for every year that I'm under 62??? That's what they consider normal retirement age!! Heck, I would have 44 years of service? That would be a sight have to get my walker out 1st then my handtruck and finally the package and somehow get it to the door?? LOL
Brother we made it. I just hope we can share our wisdom with our young brothers still in the trenches.

rod

Retired 22 years

Don't know why you are still working

rod

Retired 22 years

Contrary to popular belief other investments make money too. Let me guess--you are one of those who has all their eggs in one basket.