Think about it striking is not the way

T

thedrooler

Giddyup

Spoken like a true teamster neanderthal.

Drooler

M

michael

giddyup,

Things must be pretty bad in S.C.to make statements like that.

O

ok2bclever

It is laughable that scabs and managementables who are of course extremely open minded and well read find anyone pro union or of a differing opinion than theirs is an ignorant neanderthal. Right.

You guys really hated Carey because he had been there and knew what you were all about and was not willing to play with you.

You got your way, because after all money talks.

And talking about money laundering the off shore insurance scam UPS successfully ran for decades is a real example of such.

T

thedrooler

ok2bclever and/or giddyup

Are u 2 folks the same person or are you just sharing a brain?

Drooler

W

wkmac

"If they succeed,we all will be working for just about minimum wage before we retire!"

Well look on the bright side. Our tax brackets will drop down so far we won't have to file anymore and instead of working our butts off to pay for all the freeloaders, we can become freeloaders ourselves and get our money back! Hey, Wait A Minute! Come to think of it, maybe we should give this some more thought! LMAO!!!!!!!

As a 20 plus year Teamster I'm often ashamed of the fact that I have to be associated with people who's thinking is so shallow and limited. I'm not saying this to insult but to motivate. No, UPS is by no means perfect and I've seen times where they are their own worse enemy with the people they promote and then tolerate after promotion because they don't want to lose face. In fact, I just had a supervisor who fit that bill perfectly. Key word is "HAD!" If you do the job, over time (sometimes this seems like forever, I know because it did to us) a bad sup. will become obvious, questions will be raised and someone from up the laddder will finally come around and ask you about the situation. If you have your facts together, this is easy, the whole house of cards comes crashing down and you get the last laugh. If that is what you're looking for!

O

ok2bclever

No drooler we are not the same person or sharing a brain, although I can see why you would be interested in that concept.

Just keep touting the company line, after all they do pay you.

T

thedrooler

You assume way too much. And by the way, who pays you?

Drooler

O

ok2bclever

I would assume you.

For the record I am not in favor of a strike except as a last resort, but if UPS and the Teamsters insist on dawdling until the last moment I feel it will be almost as damaging as having one as far as lost business is concerned.

I hope the company succeeds in reaching a timely agreement that allows the company to reward UPS people and to compete in an increasingly nonunion (why don't they call it }union free the term they use when talking among fellow management or the steadily expanding non union clerks (aka: auditors)?) environment. Some of it of their making. Anyone heard of UPS Freight?

T

thedrooler

I pay a lot of things, but you're not among them. A strike benefits no one, with the possible exception of the teamsters union itself which uses the occasion to push through dues increases and special strike assessments that enrich its own coffers.( Hey! We NEED new Navigators!) It's a sad situation for everyone concerned.

Drooler

G

giddyup

If it were not for the ability to strike and the Teamsters to negoiate a contract for us,we would all be making minimum wages.I have been with UPS 23 years.If this company was not union I would have gone into MgMt.a long time ago.I would be filthy stinking rich now off of the sweat of your back because you were to stupid to make me pay you more!You would not have access to the companys accounting books.(example:Enron-World COM)

T

thedrooler

giddyup

Regarding the e-mail you sent me, no I am not a COMPLETE fool. I'm still working on it though. Your comparison of the teamsters to Catholic priests was interesting. I guess it could be said that some members of both groups have taken advantage of people they were supposed to be taking care of and protecting. There is, after all, more than one way to screw someone. As for your speculation on wages and benefits being better with the involvement of the teamsters, maybe yes and maybe no. Maybe without the teamsters wanting you to be excluded from participation in the success of the company through some type of stock incentive program in lieu of some of your hourly pay, you would now be reaping the benefits that some management people are reaping. Its something to think about.

Drooler

D

deliver_man

Awwww, trading private emails? Isn't that sweeet "love is in the air...."

D

deliver_man

My2cents,
The expulsion was not separate from the money-laundering charges, it resulted from his initial conviction on those charges (The U.S. Court of Appeals IS part of the federal court system, btw). The expulsion was upheld in April, 2001, at which time his initial conviction still stood. The conviction was overturned on appeal in October of that year (6 mos later), at which time all penalties resulting from that conviction, including the expulsion, were also overturned. As I said earlier Carey is currently under no court ordered sanctions and free to do as he pleases.

T

thedrooler

There is a very interesting "history" of the teamsters available when you click on the link provided by MY2CENTS in his recent post. Scroll down past the article and click on UNION CORRUPTION UPDATE ARTICLE INDEX(by UNION). Find The teamsters(IBT) and click on it.

Drooler

R

robonono

A really fine class of people to be associated with, don't you think!?!

M

my2cents

I'm getting the impression you don't understand how our federal court system works. Assuming otherwise, please cite the Supreme Court decision which overturned Carey's expulsion or please explain to me how a district court can overturn an appeals court ruling. If you are suggesting the latter, please cite the passage in the court transcript where this ruling occurred. If you don't have a court transcript, cite a credible source to back up your claim. When you cite your source, please provide the link to the document so we can read it.

I still find it hard to believe how someone who has important fiduciary responsibilities can blindly sign six figure checks and have no clue what they are for, especially since this laundered money benefitted his own reelection campaign. Do you do this with your own checkbook?

O

ok2bclever

You mean kinda like Hoffa, Bush, Clinton, Nixon, etc, etc?

PS - that reply is the same for both Robonono and My2Cents

(Message edited by ok2bclever on July 08, 2002)

U

upsfeedersdsm

George W wont let us strike Im voting NO as far as scabs we had a total of 7 fulltime we had no problems but we didnt forget who they are two have been fired again but this time even the union could not get their job back two were promised a management job lets see strike was in 1997 this 2002 takes a long time to process that paper work! As far as never being mistreated you must not go to work or are just blind I had my pay check screwed up at least 10 times this year come on lets be honest!But I have only been at UPS 18 years im sure at 23 it will be better!