This generation

As a part time supe, I benefited greatly because of the union. Union wages and benefits is the starting point in negotiating your salary. Then flex benefits came, and now no spouses benefits. What's next? Flex pension? No pension, or reduced pension based on what your spouse makes?

QualityLoads

I joined the union right before going to driving school, been with the company 4 long months. I should have done it earlier, but money was tight. Is 26 years old considered this generation? If so, do not speak as if a persons age includes them in a certain type of mindset. Pay your dues or get stepped on by management.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Or you could show up to work and do a good job -- knowing you won't be fired because you did a good job.

Unions aren't necessary anymore. Once upon a time they were, mostly for safety issues.
They are most certainly needed and I see an increase in the next 25-30 years. It's pretty simple really look at fedex ground. That would be your compensation package without the union.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
in my shift i work with a few younger guys that dont like paying union dues, little do they know they are the same guys
that management would fire first. they come in late all the time, talk about smoking weed all the time, think its okay to walk
away when sups are telling them what to do(help someone load a pc)one guy just goes to bathroom to play on cell for 20 min
laying down on bench, but believes paying his union dues once a month is bs because they dont do nothing for him. same guy says
his uncles a driver and will get him driving within 3 years.
Bingo. This thought just went thru my head. The 20-25 generation doesn't like union dues probably because they feel like someone is taking their money. Well they would have a lot less money to be taken from them if it wasn't for the union.

PT Car Washer

Bingo. This thought just went thru my head. The 20-25 generation doesn't like union dues probably because they feel like someone is taking their money. Well they would have a lot less money to be taken from them if it wasn't for the union.
With the starting wage at $10.00 an hour for 3 1/2 hours of work and no benefits, not sure they could make less.

What the union has done is much like what our military has done. The reason you can afford to be unhappy with them is because of what they have done in the past that allows you to be unhappy with them.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
When you get your first warning letter (and you will) because you were trying to do your best, you'll hope the union is there to have your back.

Not to mention being a 45 year old driver with a mortgage and an over zealous center manager has it out for you , YOU DAMN WELL HOPE there's a union behind you.

Sent using BrownCafe App

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Not to mention being a 45 year old driver with a mortgage and an over zealous center manager has it out for you , YOU DAMN WELL HOPE there's a union behind you.
If you get called into an office with that type of center manager make sure you're in a wheel chair too LOL.
[Sorry folks inside joke]

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
As a part time supe, I benefited greatly because of the union. Union wages and benefits is the starting point in negotiating your salary. Then flex benefits came, and now no spouses benefits. What's next? ...................
screw.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
When I was part time, we made only one dollar less than the full timers. That was really good money so we appreciated the union. Now, they make the same as the guy working at the local supermarket, so I don't think they really see the benefit.

PT Car Washer

When I was part time, we made only one dollar less than the full timers. That was really good money so we appreciated the union. Now, they make the same as the guy working at the local supermarket, so I don't think they really see the benefit.
There really is no difference other then paying your dues and hope you can bid on a real Union job when one opens up.