This guy's a nut.......

moreluck

golden ticket member
This guy is a nut !! If he doesn't want to hear the word, "God" then he should cover his ears.... or .....move to where he will only hear "Allah". The sad part is that he'll probably win !!

SAN FRANCISCO — An atheist pleaded with a federal appeals court Tuesday to remove the words "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance and "In God We Trust" from U.S. currency, saying the references disrespect his religious beliefs.
"I want to be treated equally," said Michael Newdow, who argued the cases consecutively to a three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. He added that supporters of the phrases "want to have their religious views espoused by the government."
Newdow, a Sacramento doctor and lawyer, sued his daughter's school district in 2000 for forcing public school children to recite the pledge, saying it was unconstitutional.
The 9th Circuit ruled in Newdow's favor in 2002, but two years later, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that he lacked standing to sue because he didn't have custody of the daughter on whose behalf he brought the case. He immediately filed a second lawsuit on behalf of three unidentified parents and their children in another district.
In 2005, a federal judge in Sacramento again found in favor of Newdow, ruling the pledge was unconstitutional. The judge said he was following the precedent set by the 9th Circuit's ruling in Newdow's first case.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Why can't we just have a national vote on issues like this? Let the majority decide................but that might be fair.

Overpaid Union Thug

This guy is a nut !! If he doesn't want to hear the word, "God" then he should cover his ears.... or .....move to where he will only hear "Allah". The sad part is that he'll probably win !!

SAN FRANCISCO — An atheist pleaded with a federal appeals court Tuesday to remove the words "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance and "In God We Trust" from U.S. currency, saying the references disrespect his religious beliefs.
"I want to be treated equally," said Michael Newdow, who argued the cases consecutively to a three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. He added that supporters of the phrases "want to have their religious views espoused by the government."
Newdow, a Sacramento doctor and lawyer, sued his daughter's school district in 2000 for forcing public school children to recite the pledge, saying it was unconstitutional.
The 9th Circuit ruled in Newdow's favor in 2002, but two years later, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that he lacked standing to sue because he didn't have custody of the daughter on whose behalf he brought the case. He immediately filed a second lawsuit on behalf of three unidentified parents and their children in another district.
In 2005, a federal judge in Sacramento again found in favor of Newdow, ruling the pledge was unconstitutional. The judge said he was following the precedent set by the 9th Circuit's ruling in Newdow's first case.

Sadly this is a sign of the times. It's scary to watch this country rot from the inside out. Our grandfathers wouldn't have put up with much of what goes on in this country now.

A persons absolute power ends at his property line,after that one has to have tolerance for others views whether they match yours or not.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
The new law demands, "No teacher shall give instruction nor shall any school district sponsor any activity that promotes a discriminatory bias because of a characteristic [including perceived gender.]"
Yeah, that's pretty bad :rolleyes:

browniehound

Sadly this is a sign of the times. It's scary to watch this country rot from the inside out. Our grandfathers wouldn't have put up with much of what goes on in this country now.

Big Arrow,
I agree 100%. My opinion is that you must be totally nuts (or a complete loser) to give a crap about this stuff. I ask: who is this hurting? My opinion would be it doesn't bother the majority of the population and only upsets the religous fanatics.

I can't comprehend that people waste their time and anger disputing the recital of the "Pledge of Alegiance" in our public schools?? I mean, what the friend, here? Is it that BIG of a deal?

Our young men and women are dying in Iraq. People are starving in Africa. Iran is pursuing the technology to build a bomb. There are people in this country planning terrorist attacks on innocent people as I write this. This is a large number of islamic extremists that want to see your wife and kids dead.

Yet, out of all of those problems in the world, this person chooses to focus his energy on stopping people from reciting the "Pledge of Alegiance" in our public schools????? Come on! If you don't want to recite it, just sit down and don't. What is the big FRIGGIN deal.

I truly believe that relgion is the root of most of what is evil in this world.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I don't know if this is really from Paul Harvey, but the message is a good one.............

.Paul Harvey and Prayer

Paul Harvey says: I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue somebody for singing a Ho-Ho-Ho song in December. I don't agree with Darwin , but I didn't go out and hire a lawyer when my high school teacher taught his Theory of Evolution Life, liberty or your pursuit of happiness will not be endangered because someone says a 30-second prayer before a football game. So what's the big deal? It's not like somebody is up there reading the entire book of Acts. They're just talking to a God they believe in and asking him to grant safety to the players on the field and the fans going home from the game. But it's a Christian prayer, some will argue. Yes, and this is the United States of America , a country founded on Christian principles. According to our very own phone book, Christian churches outnumber all others better than 200-to-1. So what would you expect -- somebody chanting Hare Krishna? If I went to a football game in Jerusalem , I would expect to hear a Jewish prayer.

If I went to a soccer game in Baghdad , I would expect to hear a Muslim prayer.

If I went to a ping pong match in China , I would expect to hear someone pray to Buddha.

And I wouldn't be offended. It wouldn't bother me one bit. When in Rome ... But what about the atheists? Is another argument. What about them?Nobody is asking them to be baptized. We're not going to pass the collection plat e. Just humor us for 30 seconds. If that's asking too much, bring a Walkman or a pair of earplugs. Go to the bathroom. Visit the concession stand. Call your lawyer! Unfortunately, one or two will make that call. One or two will tell thousands what they can and cannot do. I don't think a short prayer at a football game is going to shake the world's foundations. Christians are just sick and tired of turning the other cheek while our courts strip us of all our rights. Our parents and grandparents taught us to pray before eating; to pray before we go to sleep. Our Bible tells us to pray without ceasing. Now a handful of people and their lawyers are telling us to cease praying God, help us.And if that last sentence offends you, well .. just sue me. The silent majority has been silent too long. It's time we let that one or two who scream loud enough to be heard that the vast majority doesn't care what they want. It is time the majority rules! It's time we tell them, you don't have to pray; you don't have to say the pledge of allegiance; you don't have to believe in God or attend services that honor Him. That is your right, and we will honor your right . But by golly, you are no longer going to take our rights away. We are fighting back. and we WILL WIN! God bless us one and all .. especially those who denounce Him, God bless America , despite all her faults. She is still the greatest nation of all. God bless our service men who are fighting to protect our right to pray and worship God. 2008 will be the year the silent majority is heard and we put God back as the foundation of our families and institutions ... and our Military come home from all the wars. Keep looking up.

If you agree with this, please pass it on.If not delete it. "AND THAT'S THE REST OF THE STORY"
> >

satellitedriver

More,
Check this out.
http://www.usmint.gov/mint_programs/$1coin/index.cfm
The new presidential $1.00 coin does not have the words "In God we trust" anywhere on it.
Look at the coins in your piggy bank. They all will have that phrase on them.
I am no bible beater, but when subtle changes as this occurs I feel we are just cowing down to be politically correct.
PAX

satellitedriver

From the link you posted:
It's written on the edge, not the face.
You are right.
My bad.
They just put it where people can not easily see it.
It use to be right on the front of all coins ,for all to see.
I guess I will have to dust off my jewelers loop and check out the edge.
Pax

athena

You are right.
My bad.
They just put it where people can not easily see it.
It use to be right on the front of all coins ,for all to see.
I guess I will have to dust off my jewelers loop and check out the edge.
Pax

Who really noticed the "In God We Trust" unless they were specifically taking the time to look at it. I think it looks neat.