This is gross *warning*

Lobofan5

Some IDIOT shipped a box of MEAT...GROUND.. with no dry ice...in the middle of a HEAT wave... got to our center 3 days later...

The smell was *indescribable*.

Any one else have any 'odd items' shipped recently???

cino321

This was a little awkward; Last summer, somone ordered crickets, they came in a box with a special netting. They were in my package car on Thursday. I attempted delivery but I couldn't DR due to circumstances, so on Friday they were NI 2, and Monday they were dead, customer was home and refused them.

govols019

You smell that?
Has a case of lobsters a driver NI1'd on Friday sit in our center over a 100 degree weekend. God, did that smell Monday morning.

browned_out

:mad: Hopefully you RTS'D that pkg right back to the maroon!!! In a sealed airtight container, so the idiot can get the full effect.

A few years ago, back when we accepted cash for COD's, a senior driver had a NDA , COD, cash only pkg with a 10:30am commit. He attempts delivery and of course, consignee is a NI 1. Driver continues his dailey routine and the weather is hot as heck. Later in the day, driver notices that this pkg is leaking. As the day goes on, this pkg is leaking worse and he puts pkg in a DR bag and gives it to the clerk at end of day as a damage. Clerk opens the DR bag and a rotten smell fills the air. Clerk opens the pkg to find snake meat that was not on ice!

BigBrownSanta

A few years ago, back when we accepted cash for COD's, a senior driver had a NDA , COD, cash only pkg with a 10:30am commit. He attempts delivery and of course, consignee is a NI 1. Driver continues his dailey routine and the weather is hot as heck. Later in the day, driver notices that this pkg is leaking. As the day goes on, this pkg is leaking worse and he puts pkg in a DR bag and gives it to the clerk at end of day as a damage. Clerk opens the DR bag and a rotten smell fills the air. Clerk opens the pkg to find snake meat that was not on ice!
When I was in preload, I think I had that package. Man, did It stink!!!. I kept throwing it on the bottom belt just so I wouldn't have to smell it all morning long. I'll bet you the whole building remembers that package. :lol:

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
This was a little awkward; Last summer, somone ordered crickets, they came in a box with a special netting. They were in my package car on Thursday. I attempted delivery but I couldn't DR due to circumstances, so on Friday they were NI 2, and Monday they were dead, customer was home and refused them.

Heh, I had some of those too, goin to an exotic pet shop. When I first got on the car, they were chirpin like mad. By noon, they chirping had stopped and they were just crawling around in the box, sounded like an egg frying. By 4:30, when I delivered them (rural area business at customer's residence) all noise had ceased. Got my sig and hauled ass.:lol:

rushfan

Back in the day, someone accidentally placed an old "groundtrack" label instead of a NDA label on some lobsters from Maine. It took a week to get them here in the west. They smelled real ripe. Same with nightcrawlers they would smell good also.

dillweed

When preloading I got a box of rotten meat being returned from a specialty store. Put in a DR bag and stuck it under the belt. This driver had a keen sense of smell and hated anything with an odor, including yankee candles or perfume. He smelled that mess soon as he hit the dock and had a fit about it being his. Oh, he was the funniest and best driver I ever loaded for and kept me in stitches with his rants.

Warning to crabby drivers: although I never did it, have heard of those cricket boxes getting a hole poked in them prior to loading. :lol:

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
When preloading I got a box of rotten meat being returned from a specialty store. Put in a DR bag and stuck it under the belt. This driver had a keen sense of smell and hated anything with an odor, including yankee candles or perfume. He smelled that mess soon as he hit the dock and had a fit about it being his. Oh, he was the funniest and best driver I ever loaded for and kept me in stitches with his rants.

Warning to crabby drivers: although I never did it, have heard of those cricket boxes getting a hole poked in them prior to loading. :lol:

This explains much....:w00t:

rod

Retired 22 years
How about a dozen or so UPS Christmas turkeys left in the building all weekend directly underneath the heat duct. center manager had refused all requests for them as he was going to give them to the food shelf and get a feather in his cap. Building smelt like a stockyard Monday morning. Needless to say they were donated to the dumpster.

satellitedriver

Leaking box going to rural High School. Bagged it and brought to the damage clerk that night. I heard a scream and came running. Great big cow eyeballs were rolling out of the box.
They were going to the science class and the jar had broken open.
They didn't smell bad, but they had a funny "look" about them.
PAX

jds4lunch

What the hell is YOUPS??
We get boxes of lobster at least once a week here. In the winter time its not that bad since they stay frozen, but in the summer when its hot out, quite often the ice has melted and there is water all over the air can in the mornings. They used to come wrapped in DR bags, but haven't been this summer. Anyway, i have a couple good stories involving these packages.

The first incedent wasn't long after I started at UPS last April, and once warm June morning, sure enough the ice an melted in the lobster boxes, soaking the entire air can. For some reason whoever loaded the can in the morning put the lobster boxes ontop of the mail bags addressed to a life insurance company who uses us to ship thier house mail from city to city. Long story short, the wet bags got delivered, and the insurance company threatened to switch to FedEx.

Another instance involved the courier company that we have a contract with who delivers our rural volume for us. The lobsters were dropped off at their depot on a friday morning, but due to heavy snow that day the flight landed about an hour later than normal, so the lobsters were dropped off after the drivers had already left for the day. The lobsters sat in the depot all weekend and were rotten by the time monday morning rolled around, and from what I understand, smelling quite lovely.

xDELETEDx

We get large boxes of buffalo meat, well over 100lbs in each box. They only come through the first few days of the week due to their perishable nature. One time I came in on a monday and the first trailer I unloaded had a box of that stuff going back to the sender. It had been out for at least 5 days at the point. It was getting soggy, I got it the hell out of there.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I'm sure most have delivered to a funeral home before. I had a case of embalming fluid break open in my top shelf years ago. What a freaking mess!

Lets see. I remember getting crickets, those were never bad. I saw one get opened in a trailer once, they were everywhere.

What was worse was all of the ohama steak packages and turkeys that were shipped for christmas. Then sent back after christmas. Talk about stinky.

I heard of one package in a trailer going to New Mexico that hadd grenades in it that was opened.