This is our Part-Timers plan to action:

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I still remember recently i saw a young part timer who was pulling a skid of returns on one hand and video conferencing on his cell phone on the other. I just shook my head..and we wonder why most of us old timers are getting attitudes and have given up...

It's funny you say that.

Even as recent as a couple years ago, the company was discharging inside employees for

"stealing time" for being on their phone during work hours. I had one guy suspended twice and

the third time, they took him to the Panel where he almost got wacked.

Now, it's like a "free for all"....

Time for change

Well many have said the hardest job per hour is loading semi’s that have baked in the sun all day. Really depends routes and buildings, but loading for hours in 130 degree trailer is right up there. Either way there is no reason for nearly $25 difference per hour for same years of service in many cases. You can’t deny part time pay regression over the past several decades, that’s a fact. You can’t deny all the tiers for part time work, that’s a fact. You can’t deny the new skilled pay language is terrible. You can’t deny that a 3 year employee shouldn’t make the same as the next part time hire off the street. This contract is going down because part timers are waking up to this bs.

PT Car Washer

It's funny you say that.

Even as recent as a couple years ago, the company was discharging inside employees for

"stealing time" for being on their phone during work hours. I had one guy suspended twice and

the third time, they took him to the Panel where he almost got wacked.

Now, it's like a "free for all"....
Sort of hard to discipline an hourly for something they see a PT sup doing all the time.

llamainmypocket

You've been sold out by yourselves, for decades. You, the part-timers, are responsible for where you are. You've been the vast majority for a very long time and have had true control of the outcomes of contracts, but you're a bunch of apathetic dicks. You make a big deal about having your voice heard, that is how you get :censored2: negotiated for you, using your voice. Contract proposal meetings, monthly union meetings, etc. Oh yeah, and :censored2:ing voting! I'd bet my bottom dollar you didn't show up to the contract proposal meeting, and I'd bet you didn't even fill out a suggestion form. GFYS you entitled scab.

You can't just blame a 100000 people without reasoning. Part time is a revolving door, we have 70% turnover in year one. Why would anyone vote who's been or plans to be with the company for a few months?

Also consider, I was 3 years in before I even heard we had union meetings. Nobody is asking us or informing us.

The biggest threat to the union imo is that you have half of the union getting :censored2: pay, :censored2: hours, while taking :censored2: from spoiled ass drivers.

Part timers have been sold out alright, by seniority employees who should have been looking out for them.

Moneythehardway

Look, we're not asking for the world here, when this gets voted down, All we ask for is for the tenured part timers to get a catch up raise. We haven't received one in the last contract where the starting rate was bumped up for the first time in decades we let it slide. What about those with 3 to 5 years in right now who just hit $13 an hour to have someone off the street with no sweat in the game making the exact same thing as someone busting their behind for years here. They didn't put one in the last contract we let it slide, we are due for it this time.

And for the sake of state minimum wages, some states projected to reach $15-17 by 2020, 2021 etc.. It's only right to start the new guys at $15 because it will be minimum wage anyways before next contract. We are asking for the bare minimum, Everything else is status quo can we get that at least with the company garnering record profits, Millions if not billions in Tax breaks and projected year over year growth (Ecommerce, New international territories etc..)?

Last edited:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Look, we're not asking for the world here, when this gets voted down, All we ask for is for the tenured part timers to get a catch up raise. We haven't received one in the last contract where the starting rate was bumped up for the first time in decades we let it slide. What about those with 3 to 5 years in right now who just hit $13 an hour to have someone off the street with no sweat in the game making the exact same thing as someone busting their behind for years here. They didn't put one in the last contract we let it slide, we are due for it this time.

And for the sake of state minimum wages, some states projected to reach $15-17 by 2020, 2021 etc.. It's only right to start the new guys at $15 because it will be minimum wage anyways before next contract. We are asking for the bare minimum, Everything else is status quo can we get that at least with the company garnering record profits, Millions if not billions in Tax breaks and projected year over year growth (Ecommerce, New international territories etc..)?

Beautifully put!

You should see about becoming a union steward at your hub.
Goodness only knows there's a shortage of good ones, right about now...

Returntosender

6AFCA0DC-B70B-4E67-BF10-79D22D393EBC.jpeg

Returntosender

So what's the union for if there is nothing to be entitled to?
You want a Fulltime job then you have go get it. Either you wait till you have high seniority for a 22 job. Or go into cover then RPCD? The choice is yours. The union can only do so much.

Talking about a pt action plan will not help you. You and small group do not represent a majority view of ever voting part timers view.

I’m amazed at how many part timers think the union leadership will strike for part time demands.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You want a Fulltime job then you have go get it. Either you wait till you have high seniority for a 22 job. Or go into cover then RPCD? The choice is yours. The union can only do so much.

Talking about a pt action plan will not help you. You and small group do not represent a majority view of ever voting part timers view.

I’m amazed at how many part timers think the union leadership will strike for part time demands.

It amazes me how many drivers feel this way.
You clearly aren't listening. Nobody said "full time". We want reasonable wages for the work we do. Period.

Y'all will whine and complain all day about trucks not being loaded right, and how load quality suffers, and the next minute claim that part timers shouldn't be paid more.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

And the reverse of your statement should obviously be true, as well.

Who cares about some "hybrid" driver that doesn't affect me anyhow? It doesn't affect me. You drivers aren't "entitled" to your current paygrade.

But hey. I guess I'm a believer in having a brotherhood.
Silly me.

I will continue to fight in good faith for things the drivers want, and hope that the drivers have enough decency not to throw us under the bus.

Returntosender

It amazes me how many drivers feel this way.
You clearly aren't listening. Nobody said "full time". We want reasonable wages for the work we do. Period.

Y'all will whine and complain all day about trucks not being loaded right, and how load quality suffers, and the next minute claim that part timers shouldn't be paid more.

Pay peanuts, get monkeys.

And the reverse of your statement should obviously be true, as well.

Who cares about some "hybrid" driver that doesn't affect me anyhow? It doesn't affect me. You drivers aren't "entitled" to your current paygrade.

But hey. I guess I'm a believer in having a brotherhood.
Silly me.

I will continue to fight in good faith for things the drivers want, and hope that the drivers have enough decency not to throw us under the bus.
Our management team said it’s a part time job all your part time complaining want good wages go fulltime ? Or work two jobs ?

Ups will not pay 18 or 15 a hour for part time employees who while at work are gossiping rather than working or quit within 1-3 months.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Our management team said it’s a part time job all your part time complaining want good wages go fulltime ? Or work two jobs ?

Ups will not pay 18 or 15 a hour for part time employees who while at work are gossiping rather than working or quit within 1-3 months.

Well apparently they'll pay 13 an hour for part time employees who are gossiping at work, or quitting within 1-3 months.

I would say that a catch up raise at the least is deserved by those of us who have put in our time, and have been valuable assets to the company.

You don't deserve better pay by virtue of being full time.
You deserve better pay by virtue of having harder work, more responsibilities, and having to double as a customer service representative.

No one here is arguing that we should make the same as drivers.
You guys do have more responsibilities than us, and should be compensated accordingly.

But do you really want to make the claim that you work 3 times as hard as part timers do?
Because that is what you are arguing.
And I disagree.

babboo25

Banned
Entitled, haha. What are we paying dues for then, sunshine and air?
Know why you don't see any part-timers at your meetings?
It's because they are busy working their 2nd and 3rd jobs, because UPS doesn't pay :censored2:.
You're so out of touch you don't even realize that sitting on your old ass in a meeting is a luxury.
How much do you pay for your insurance?