This is our Part-Timers plan to action:

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
You said per hour, so new hires make 13, you make 24, that’s $11, driver makes $36, that’s 12 more than you, there ya go

Not even close.

If you are counting my insurance, you have to count the driver's insurance.

That makes me at $13 + insurance, vs a driver at $36 + insurance.
A difference of $23/hr.

You get me to within 12 bucks an hour of a top rate driver, and I'd be over the moon.
That'd be paying me $24/hr, plus insurance.

I'm glad you agree with me that part timers deserve to be moved a bit closer to driver pay.

babboo25

Banned
Not even close.

If you are counting my insurance, you have to count the driver's insurance.

That makes me at $13 + insurance, vs a driver at $36 + insurance.
A difference of $23/hr.

You get me to within 12 bucks an hour of a top rate driver, and I'd be over the moon.
That'd be paying me $24/hr, plus insurance.

I'm glad you agree with me that part timers deserve to be moved a bit closer to driver pay.
Oh didn’t realize you were figuring in the bonus. Catch up raise I agree with but that’s all, not many part time employees get insurance and a pension.

babboo25

Banned
my part-time pay rate would be roughly 2/3 a full-time driver, which is nowhere near what a driver makes. Try trolling better next time.
Go to college? Become a driver? Stop expecting a handout? Keep your hands in your own pockets? Get off brown cafe occasionally? Pick one and your life will be exponentially better.

Returntosender

I can’t prove it but those bonus are rumored just so UPS meets employment numbers for government breaks. They to show the employed x number of people. Always here why we over staffed lay off people then hire again to meet numbers
Umm Ups is ALREADY paying more than $15 an hour for part time employees for over a year if you figure the $125 weekly bonus and people still do not want to work the job.

Last edited:

AwashBwashCwash

How so? You’re living in a dream world, UPS pays for college in some areas, did you take advantage of that? We all wanna work less and get paid more, be thankful for your insurance and pension, if 3.5 hours isn’t enough for you then, DUH!!!!
Just for the sake of accuracy, UPS doesn't "pay for college."
They offer financial assistance to the amount of $2,625 per semester, which means you'll still need to come up with about $4K per semester out of pocket if you're going to even a modest 4-year state school.
Don't get me wrong it's better than nothing but don't make it sound better than it actually is.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
baboo thinks being part-time hourly is "beneath" full-time, like so many other ignorant hourly FT UPS'ers do

it's trolling but not even a good job at it

being part-time at UPS is COOL, being FT is a CURSE

by the way I am a top rate FT'er saying this

babboo25

Banned
Just for the sake of accuracy, UPS doesn't "pay for college."
They offer financial assistance to the amount of $2,625 per semester, which means you'll still need to come up with about $4K per semester out of pocket if you're going to even a modest 4-year state school.
Don't get me wrong it's better than nothing but don't make it sound better than it actually is.
LOL

babboo25

Banned
baboo thinks being part-time hourly is "beneath" full-time, like so many other ignorant hourly FT UPS'ers do

it's trolling but not even a good job at it

being part-time at UPS is COOL, being FT is a CURSE

by the way I am a top rate FT'er saying this
What’s your fascination with trolls? I was part time for 9 years, worked 2 jobs and got my degree. Decided to try driving, still here, no troll Pal, 25 year teamster

Dulce Bombón

I'm Legal Gringo! UPS Latina Heat! Haters ❤ me!
1. We get out and vote, it's all electronic now so it should be way quicker and easier to vote even in your pj's

2. If this gets voted through and you really wanted a no vote, remove yourself from paying union dues if you are in a state in which you are allowed to do so. This way, one way or the other we will get our voices heard and we are taking action and they, the leadership and all who look over part-timers for their own benefits will feel us.

Thats how you take action .

We will hate it, but we need it. Union=Job Security nothing more.

vote yes!!!!

1. We get out and vote, it's all electronic now so it should be way quicker and easier to vote even in your pj's

2. If this gets voted through and you really wanted a no vote, remove yourself from paying union dues if you are in a state in which you are allowed to do so. This way, one way or the other we will get our voices heard and we are taking action and they, the leadership and all who look over part-timers for their own benefits will feel us.

Thats how you take action .

We will hate it, but we need it. Union=Job Security nothing more.

If you stop paying dues you no longer get to vote on the next contract.