This really BURNS me up!!!

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe they were fedex ground drivers dressed up in brown driving counterfeit trucks trying to pull down the sterling reputation of ups drivers everywhere. Those bastards!:wink2:

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I think we need a "driver's view" in order to justify this driver's behavior. That being said, I, personally, wouldn't throw a pkg to a door no matter what was inside. I think it's unprofessional and lazy to do so. How much time is that going to save you anyways? I say, if you wouldn't do it on an OJS, don't do it alone.

Steve

Honestly, if you havn't tossed a bag a few feet to the steps then you don't have enough work in your car. I think you need more work to give you a sense of urgency !!! :happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

Everyone else

OJS or not, I would still toss a small bag on someones step and everyone should quit nitpicking about a trivial part of a drivers day. If the package was sent through our system in a bag, it has gone through more hell than my toss to their steps. If it was breakable and in a bag, then the shipper is stupid. A box is different and would be treated accordingly.
The second video is a no-no regardless, a few feet to their door is ok. Its a gosh darn bag people. Vote me off my route then.

:happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very::happy-very:

brownrodster

I estimate that first driver saved about 7 seconds.

If every driver did that once per day then I estimate UPS could save about 275,000$ per year.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Victoria Secret ? No way, I always try to make contact with the customer. If the order from VS i wanna see what they look like. lol

pinkblouse.jpg

Still want to see?

40 and out

Mail box is a big no-no here in the Lower 48.:happy2:
One time when I was on vacation,the cover driver left packages in 3 mailboxes. The postal carrier took them to the post office, where they were held for ransom until UPS paid postage on them. I don't know who the driver got chewed out more by,management or the driver who had to go to the post office and get the packages back. The post office is in town on another route. This happened in a rural area Needless to say,this driver no longer leaves packages in mailboxes. Some postal carriers are cool and some,like this one, are real ***holes.

klein

Für Meno :)
One time when I was on vacation,the cover driver left packages in 3 mailboxes. The postal carrier took them to the post office, where they were held for ransom until UPS paid postage on them. I don't know who the driver got chewed out more by,management or the driver who had to go to the post office and get the packages back. The post office is in town on another route. This happened in a rural area Needless to say,this driver no longer leaves packages in mailboxes. Some postal carriers are cool and some,like this one, are real ***holes.

Does you post office take Newspapers and flyers back to the postoffice too ?

Besides, I didn't start rezis until after 4pm. Mailman long gone.

40 and out

Does you post office take Newspapers and flyers back to the postoffice too .
I'm sure this one does. Some postal workers fit the description of being POSTAL. One time 20 years ago,when I was a new driver, I was running a rural route without addresses,just box numbers. I looked inside a mailbox to see if I was at the right house. The customer,who was a postal carrier,came out and said "Do you know you just committed a federal offense and you could go to prison for a long time". I laughed,thinking he was joking but he wasn't. He was extremely irate with me. This guy was POSTAL. Another time a supervisor was with me on another rural route and he suggested we go in the post office and ask for a map. The guy behind the counter went POSTAL and said "We don't give out maps. Get the hell out of here or I'll call the sheriff and have you physically thrown out" STRANGE PEOPLE.

Last edited by a moderator:

brownrodster

I had a retired letter carrier go postal on me because I wouldn't take my p1000 up the tight, winding, steep, gravel driveway up to his house which only had enough room for an 80 point turn around. Instead I would DR in his driveway.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
I'm sure this one does. Some postal workers fit the description of being POSTAL. One time 20 years ago,when I was a new driver, I was running a rural route without addresses,just box numbers. I looked inside a mailbox to see if I was at the right house. The customer,who was a postal carrier,came out and said "Do you know you just committed a federal offense and you could go to prison for a long time". I laughed,thinking he was joking but he wasn't. He was extremely irate with me. This guy was POSTAL. Another time a supervisor was with me on another rural route and he suggested we go in the post office and ask for a map. The guy behind the counter went POSTAL and said "We don't give out maps. Get the hell out of here or I'll call the sheriff and have you physically thrown out" STRANGE PEOPLE.

Sort of reminds me how UPS drivers feel about FedEx Ground drivers.

UPSGUY72

I first would have told him that if he had a number on his mail box I would have had to check for the #. Then I would have reminded him that It's only a federal offense if you take the mail. It's not stealing if your justing looking at the address.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I haven't asked for a map at the post office but I have asked for the location of streets both at post offices and fire depts. Fire dept are great because they generally keep a wall map with every street there is. I have never had anyone go postal, not even the Fedex driver when I ask them. :happy-very: