This seriously baffles me

JL 0513

... And amazon is allowing literally anybody to sign up for it and do the job for a whopping $12.50 an hour. Seriously how greedy is that Jeff bezos piece of :censored2: going to get????

I can't wait to quit this :censored2:ing place.

Bezos is only worth $78,000,000,000.00. He's just conserving.

barnyard

KTM rider
You don't need to be in feeders to shift trailers. You just have to be on property feeder certified

I did it for 4 years. There was no pay difference between preloading and shifting. It did make backing onto doors very easy to learn when I went to feeder school. Same with coupling and uncoupling. I already had a routine, I just needed to perfect my pretrip and inspection skills.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Isn't that a different type of CDL? GOAT driver or something like that?
Never heard of a special cdl
I'm a cover guy and cover 4 buildings in Boston , only a feeder driver can shift , we stage m/t's up the street and need a cdl past the gate

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Do you really want a PT pre load guy who was trained a few hrs a day to move this type of equipment around the yard ???
No knock on the part timer , but you'd think mngmt would want a seasoned vet who's been trained and qualified by the DOT moving this
Equipment ,, looks easy enough , but you really have to know what your doing with this type of responsibility!!!

When it comes to feeders , there are no small accidents , mostly a major catastrophe!!

km3

Our shifters are actually pretty good for being non-CDL drivers.

I should hope so. If that's all you do all day, every day you better be good at it. In contrast, feeder drivers with CDLs tend to do a poor job around here. Crooked trailers, slow, and one time a driver "couldn't figure out" how to back into the air dock.

I don't blame them or anything; you're driving forward on roads most of the time, not backing into docks. I just don't agree with @Covemastah; I'll take our dedicated PTers/Article 22s any day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I should hope so. If that's all you do all day, every day you better be good at it. In contrast, feeder drivers with CDLs tend to do a poor job around here. Crooked trailers, slow, and one time a driver "couldn't figure out" how to back into the air dock.

I don't blame them or anything; you're driving forward on roads most of the time, not backing into docks. I just don't agree with @Covemastah; I'll take our dedicated PTers/Article 22s any day.

They back in to docks all of the time, often squeezing in between other trailers and impatient UPS drivers.