Those of you with teamster 401ks...

B

brett636

I started contributing to my 401k around March of this year. When I check my statement online (http://teamsterups.csplans.com) I notice a distributions/debits number that I can only assume results from costs of being enrolled in the 401k. I find that the distributions/debits is always ahead of my investment gain, and my 401k total balance is always lower than my total contributions because of it. Is this something that eventually reverses itself as I contribute more to the plan? Is there a way to control those distributions/debits?

I can't seem to find any information on the 401k site pertaining to program costs or account costs so thats why I am asking here.

Thanks!
happy.gif

W

wily_old_vet

Brett-this is only a guess but it sounds like what you are investing in right now is losing money. Not knowing what your investment choices are thats just a guess. The stock market right now is fairly flat so that might be the reason.

D

ddomino

brett636, I don't know how much you know about mutual funds so I will simplify this. Once logged into the funds site, use the pull down menu of "select an option" select Teamster-national 401... option. On the white bar that starts with my account select(highlight and click) the investment information. Once there select fund info on left side. Scroll over core funds and select (one at a time) the funds you are in. On the fund info page scroll to bottom. Here you will see in bold EXPENCE:0.?. That is youe cost to be in and have the fund managed. The lower the number the less you pay, or the more you keep. Hope this helps. D

B

brett636

ddomino- Thanks, that worked out perfectly.

wily- I am probably going to re-evaluate my investments as I don't think they are performing as well as I would like. although the time I have had them was < 1 year I hope there are better performing investment opportunities out there for me.

B

brownmonster

Stay the course for the long term. Eventually Bush will be out of the White House.
sad2.gif