Those PA UPS drivers..

oldngray

nowhere special
Chain is "supposed" to be secured before you leave the building and before you return to the building after last stop. Many drivers get in a hurry and don't do it.

Edd Orion

Happened to me a few years ago, didn't realize it until a lady pulled up w a bunch of packages she collected off the street. She must of found them all, bc I never had any not founds that day.

Re-Raise

I opened my bulkhead door yesterday and a female Beagle walked out.

She walked down the steps and immediately froze when the 3 Labs surrounded her. She got in at my last stop..about 5 miles away...and took a little ride.

She was pretty scared so I put her in the back and drove her back to her house. I am sure ORION loved it!

BrownTexas

I'd guess a rookie driver that is still trying to impress management or doesn't realize he can communicate that he will have late air and leave air if he can't get it off in time.

Savvy412

Every single day I leave the hub. About a minute in my stomach drops and think. oh :censored2:. Did I close the door!!!!

Then I stop at a red light and check. I did drive with it open 1 time in my business section. Luckily I didn't go to far .

bfeather

Sucks he was on the highway. I've done that coming back from the airport, picking up the mornings air. PC I was driving had the latch swing open doors, went over the railroad tracks and BOOM.......door swings open.

Only lost a few packages and the car behind me was nice and attentive enough to stop. Nothing seemed to be damaged; well no bad follow up lol.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
So you could never open the rear door from the inside?
No, I could not. In my 9 year package career, I drove a P400 and a P550. Both had barn doors on them, and actually had padlocks welded on the outside of the door. If the doors were closed, you HAD to have the padlock engaged. You had to stop short, get out of the PC, unlock the padlock, open and secure the doors, get back in and back to the dock. Reverse the procedure before you could leave.

No, I could not. In my 9 year package career, I drove a P400 and a P550. Both had barn doors on them, and actually had padlocks welded on the outside of the door. If the doors were closed, you HAD to have the padlock engaged. You had to stop short, get out of the PC, unlock the padlock, open and secure the doors, get back in and back to the dock. Reverse the procedure before you could leave.
I remember those. Because I got locked in the cargo area of one of them...lol