Those PA UPS drivers..

oldngray

nowhere special
photos-37.png

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
How bout slow down. 70 mph, left lane? In such a hurry he didn't pull off his load chart. Obviously didn't have time to do a pretrip.....
I have to be running down hill and drafting someone to do 70 in my truck, usually can only get to 67 with the $$&&@ govenour

Cementups

Box Monkey
I make sure I walk completely around the truck before I leave the property. Plus, at my little center many of us stop by our personal vehicles to grab lunch boxes, backpacks, steal packages, etc., so it's hard to miss the opportunity to at least check the back door before we leave.

You left something out there buddy ;)

Holydriver

Chain is "supposed" to be secured before you leave the building and before you return to the building after last stop. Many drivers get in a hurry and don't do it.
youre also supposed to exit the driver side to deliver a package from the rear door. that doesnt ahppen either

mrbrownstone

I do not understand why they can't just install a light on our dash alerting us of the rear door/doors are open.

I know some trucks have rear doors that don't always shut flush to the floor but they could install a sensor that would go on of the door was up past a certain point. Or, in the case of barn doors some maybe 2 sensors.

Last edited:

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
I worked with a guy that never did a single pretrip that I ever saw, and he left the building with his door up just like that. Three times. Lucky he was a great bonus driver and so it was never any issue. Neither was the time the same genius sideswiped the auto close gate at the airport. Or "forgot" to set his parking brake and rolled backwards into a fence. While he was walking away to deliver. Yep. It could happen to absolutely anyone. Three times.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I was told they already know when our rear door is open if they check.

Also a horn doesn't show up on telematics report so this doesn't mean that would have to.
We have no way of knowing if you're rear door is open or closed.

You're right, the horn doesn't. But I wouldn't put it past them to start tracking it.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
It tracks what they want it to track. Just because it doesn't today, doesn't mean it can't or won't tomorrow.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I do not understand why they can't just install a light on our dash alerting us of the rear door/doors are open.

I know some trucks have rear doors that don't always shut flush to the floor but they could install a sensor that would go on of the door was up past a certain point. Or, in the case of barn doors some maybe 2 sensors.
If the camera is angled down enough you can see the door in the monitor.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian

Egads! More sensors and wires to get smashed and destroyed to in cargo area. No, thanks!