Thought I'd post a new picture

Dutch Dawg

No CDL required to take your boat to the lake ... no CDL for utility trailer ....sooooooo no CDL would be required for that rig either

No CDL required for a 40' motorhome either in most states. However.......

If you're in a commercial combination vehicle with a gross combination weight rating (GCWR*) of 26,001 or more pounds, provided that the gross vehicle weight rating (GVWR*) of the towed unit is greater than 10,000 pounds or occupy a vehicle combination of 26,001 pounds or more, many States require a CDL. You could also find that while the combination of the P1000 and TP60 are plated less than 26,000, you could in fact weigh in excess of that fully loaded. Which would make you as the driver in violation of the CDL requirements. Just something to think about.

I don't know what contract you work under. However if someone is pulling one of these and not receiving premium pay (trailer upgrade) I'd be inclined to say you're entitled to it. I had experience with one of these 12 years ago behind a P800 with surge brakes, you think that wasn't a trip on ice?

mittam

Do those of you that pull TP60s have to park and unhook the trailers (in the correct parking space on the dock) your selves or do you just drop them where ever or does someone else take charge of the whole thing once you've arrived on yard? Here they are SUPPOSED to park them exactly where they got them in the morning and unhook.

they pull mine outside each morning and I hookup there, then when getting back I pull in take HV and INT out then pull along the side and drop it forklift takes to first open spot on a belt to have it unloaded.

dragracer66

You better hope your management team doesn't see this picture and try to fire you for illegaly taking pictures of parcel's stuff!!! You know how nut's they are about that!!!

Channahon

still do .
Really? I thought with the 53 foot trailer, they were going to the wayside. Maybe the Smithsonian Instiute. Anyway, when I was still working, the Automotive guy was a good friend of mine, and said UPS was not servicing the 28 footers any longer. I would guess in NY, maybe all the pups are going your way.

EAM_Master

Part-Time'er for Life!
Thought I'd take a quick pic of my P1000 and TP60. Nothing fancy, took it with my cell phone. Funny to think how many packages I can stuff into that combo. Especially the PUP, having no shelves you gain ALOT of space to load her up.

MY_UPS_TRUCK_AND_PUP.jpg

That' poor 4.3 liter V-6 in that thing has to be screaming for mercy every morning. :sweatdrop

Steelheader

The Fishing UPS Guy
That' poor 4.3 liter V-6 in that thing has to be screaming for mercy every morning. :sweatdrop

LOL!!!!!!!! You mean that big block 7.3 international (aka Powerstroke). Actually, I used to have a P1 with the 4.3, and I was burning engines up every other month. Finally broke down and gave me an actual truck setup to tow (this actually has a true hitch under it and came from factory setup to tow). My old truck was heavily modified (which I thought UPS didn't do lol), and hitch was partially bolted through the diamond plating in rear floor. Was stress cracked and dying fast. This truck is a DREAM to drive. It's an 89' model, but it's the first truck (or one of them) to come out with the oversized cab and power steering. So I have the best of both worlds (best to tow with a stick anyways). But no, this truck hauls the load quite well.

Actually, this is the first one I've ever seen as well guys (and gals). Never knew we had trailers for the package cars. I know there are only a few in this state, and most are up north of me in the metropolis. I'm actually glad to have the Pup. I'm not sure what type of centers you all drive in, but we're in a remote center. Those of us who deliver with me over on the Peninsula are all "take care of our own" types. Meaning we're closed off from the rest of the center, and if one guy needs help, the rest of us try to help the other (since we're to far to just send someone out there from the mainland). Having the Pup, this has given other guys more time to get their routes done, and makes us (as in UPS) more dependable to this company. Why? Because they know all their volume will be picked up and no delays. Before the TP60, we'd have 3-6 other drivers stopping by to help at this pickup (mostly because they all have their own pickups, and there were only like 3 P1's out here, rest were 3' and 5's). This cost alot of time, since most would take 20-30 minutes just to drive there. I know, I know, so don't need to say "It's all OT baby". We get enough OT as it is, and this helps some guys get home sooner. I've yet to have ONE, not a ONE driver who this TP60 affected say "I wish you didn't have it", and EVERY cover driver who does my route loves having it. The packages going into this Pup are a pleasure NOT to pickup. LOL. I drive it out empty, bring her back full.

Onto whoever said about the "getting fired" for taking the picture. I could understand if I did it on UPS property, but it was taken while on route (at the location that gets the Pup all day). I take my first break here usually, so off the clock and on public property. Not sure where the harm is. Plus, not being used for commercial use or to make $$$, so no infringements going on. Sure Tieguy could shed more light on it. If I was doing some sort of anti UPS thing, yeah, but I'm proud of my P1 and TP60, doubt UPS would be pissy about that.

Dutch Dawg

..... Anyway, when I was still working, the Automotive guy was a good friend of mine, and said UPS was not servicing the 28 footers any longer. I would guess in NY, maybe all the pups are going your way.

Perhaps you are thinking of the 26' H series pup. Two foot shorter and six inches narrower than current pups. You would be hard pressed to find one in service today.