Thought it could not get worse..WRONG!

Ms.PacMan

Our center has done the same thing. The explanation was that there is already an exception on all of the air so deliver in trace.

If you deliver all the air first then you're just setting yourself back even more and your final deliver will be even later.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our center has done the same thing. The explanation was that there is already an exception on all of the air so deliver in trace.

If you deliver all the air first then you're just setting yourself back even more and your final deliver will be even later.

I still try to take care of the customer by running straight air and then trying to get any remaining air delivered as soon as possible.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Well looks like we had 477 late airs on Thursday...Now we are actually being told to just deliver all resi airs in trace after 10:30...Most of the drivers are refusing to do that and deliver all airs first, no way I am delivering a NDA at 8pm!!!! and now our start time on Friday was 9:40! What a sad day at UPS......
What do I care what time deliveries are made? Work as directed.

clean hairy

Show some understanding towards the Customer. If it was you, and your expected air shipment was late, you would be unhappy as well.
Gove them the 800# to put in a corporate concern.
When/if the 800# is flooded with calls about late air, management MAYBE will address the issue to get air delivered by commit time.

JL 0513

A lot of people's whole day revolves around a 10:30 commit air package. Otherwise it would be a Saver. I don't care if there's already an exception, I'm not going to ruin somebody's day and turn them off to UPS. I'm still prioritizing it.

Have you ever been repremanded for breaking trace to deliver a 10:30 commit? Highly doubt anyone has.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A lot of people's whole day revolves around a 10:30 commit air package. Otherwise it would be a Saver. I don't care if there's already an exception, I'm not going to ruin somebody's day and turn them off to UPS. I'm still prioritizing it.

Have you ever been repremanded for breaking trace to deliver a 10:30 commit? Highly doubt anyone has.

Actually, it has happened, especially if we are directed to run the air in trace.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Do that and the problem will never be solved.

Future

Victory Ride

NDA FIrst ....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

What sucks is the customers no longer get full refunds---they are reimbursed for the difference between the level of service that they paid for and the level that they received.

JL 0513

The plane was exception scanned.

Yes, but I'm just talking about the order in which you deliver. Aside from Orion compliance, I don't think there's reports that get management attention for delivery order. If you were a ton of miles over and way over allowed then they would look at why.