Thoughts of your local...

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don't post my local number.
Don't play BUG's stupid game, he knows what happened.
It's just a diversion.
Full timers voted heavy and part timers didn't, like always.

My local voted at about 50% turnout the first time, about 42% the second time and averaged around 90% NO combined.
In the end, it didn't matter anyway.

If nothing else is accomplished at the National Convention next summer, Art XII Sec VI must be deleted from the IBT Constitution.

It's just a diversion.

My local voted at about 50% turnout the first time, about 42% the second time and averaged around 90% NO combined.

If nothing else is accomplished at the National Convention next summer, Art XII Sec VI must be deleted from the IBT Constitution.
He just likes playing games. He does post some good stuff. But can't be trusted. How many times has Cheryl warned him.?

I thought as a local we did fight pretty hard. But sadly ended up like the movie 300

Last edited:
image.jpg
The direct tv girl is beautiful. I'm kind of in love.

Last edited:

LagunaBrown

It's just a diversion.

Maybe the stupid game was played by the people that told you to vote no and you could stay on the company healthcare.

Inthegame

Well.... half of your DRIVE contribution goes to your Local, for local political issues.

The rest goes to the IBT. Not a lot of members know that.

-Bug-
Not always...If half of the DRIVE designated money is coming back to the local, the local has requested (wisely) to be a "rebate" local. Not a lot of locals know about that process, as DRIVE prefers to keep and distribute all the dollars as they determine need.

box_beeyotch

In my local its a mix. We have strong stewards for drivers. I was a steward for some time on local sort and did the best I could education wise as I was new to the whole concept myself. Before I was a steward I had filed 3 grievances for supervisors working and won all of them and when I became a steward it never happened. As a whole we could be better though, their are a few guys who get the shaft and get sent home everyday and don't double shift for their 8. Their scared to bring it up or grieve it if need be. More often than not, they are more afraid of retaliation than abiding by the book.

LagunaBrown

Voting NO kept me in that plan for another year...and there were plenty of other reasons which nobody needed to tell me.

Funny how Locals turned down joining the Western Region & Local 177 Health Care Plan to vote NO and chase the dream of staying in the company plan. Seriously out of curiosity, did you ever think the NO vote was a political power play that gambled with your healthcare? A win would have been huge but was it realistic? It was obvious with the taxation of employers due to Obama Care's Cadillac tax and the cost per participant exceeding the $6,250 maximum (meaning UPS could renegotiate the health care plan at contract time) that there was no way in hell UPS was going to let us stay in the company plan. Our local kept us very informed on how delicate every vote was. The locals in the West pressed for a MOU in writing and it paid off so I am very thankful for my local and their foresight.