Threatened with termination for refusing to help after a 10.5 day

Coldworld

60 months and counting
And all this "great" technology thats suppose to make our jobs easier (I mean shove more stops down your throat)just makes us stay out longer...

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Indecision ... The day I had the 200 stops I was back in at 8pm ... Then they sent me back out to help .

Sent using BrownCafe App
Usually if you are back at the building you can refuse to go back out again. Or at least its that way where I worked.
it's not that way here. Of course they know who to send back out and who not to

We had a guy in a neighboring center get sent back out in January and he was mad as hell,.He was running up an Icy driveway,slipped and broke his shoulder blade and collarbone. he was out for close to 5 month.

If they send me back out i'll stay out I'm tired,so i get very safety conscious and it may take my full 14 hours to get done

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Usually if you are back at the building you can refuse to go back out again. Or at least its that way where I worked.

Teamsters Central Region Supplemental Agreement

ARTICLE 19-MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS

Section 6

Drivers shall not be disciplined for refusing to go back out on the

street once they have returned to the building, after having completed

their full day’s work.

The only problem is that the OP stated that he received a message at 6:30 PM on his DIAD before returning to the building. If he is in the Central, Buster cannot discipline him for refusing to go back out, but they can "try" to discipline him for failure to follow regarding the message to go help out another driver.

oldngray

nowhere special
Teamsters Central Region Supplemental Agreement

ARTICLE 19-MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS

Section 6

Drivers shall not be disciplined for refusing to go back out on the

street once they have returned to the building, after having completed

their full day’s work.

The only problem is that the OP stated that he received a message at 6:30 PM on his DIAD before returning to the building. If he is in the Central, Buster cannot discipline him for refusing to go back out, but they can "try" to discipline him for failure to follow regarding the message to go help out another driver.

I did have to go back out if I got a message about it before getting back to the building. If they wait until I'm back they can ask but not force someone to go back out. I had one time they messed up and told me I had to deliver more stops after I got back and they didn't listen when I told them it would be over 10 hours before I got in the first time. When I got back everyone else was in and gone and stops were still sitting to be delivered. I had to go back out even though it was more than a 12 hour day.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
That was my point. The OP received a message to go help another driver before he returned to the building. This nullifies the clause in the contract for this particular occasion.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
You cant make up, 5 0r 10 years of not hiring, all In one day! Plus their are alot of guys that will be retiring this year,or next year.

It seems to me that this is the worst year for all around forced OT. It's been bad at times before, but it seems now more like the new business model. My feeling is that they believe it will encourage those who are eligible to retire but want to wait, to not stay one day longer, so the company can utilize a whole continent of 4 year half priced rookies to replace the top rate drivers. It's not rocket science, it's UPS.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
Thanks for all the advice ... Maninbrown I'm from England , but I work here in dc ... Heffernan , we have had guys try and call in and be told that it's job abandonment if they don't come to work.
Call in at least an hour before shift and tell them your not coming in and your using a sick day or an optional. Before they ask another question ill see you tomorrow and hang up. Its that simple and they will know next time hopefully to not give you the bs.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
It seems to me that this is the worst year for all around forced OT. It's been bad at times before, but it seems now more like the new business model. My feeling is that they believe it will encourage those who are eligible to retire but want to wait, to not stay one day longer, so the company can utilize a whole continent of 4 year half priced rookies to replace the top rate drivers. It's not rocket science, it's UPS.
60 hour work week coming to a center near you within 5 years.