Threatened with termination for refusing to help after a 10.5 day

Dragon

Package Center Manager
I've closed on homes it's simple. A few days before "I won't be here x day. I'm closing on a house". Management says blah blah blah we need your. Me. "I'm not asking you. Consider this my notice. I have informed you more than an hour before my start time"

Pre-calling out...Listen up management on this board...you will win this one.

Get the shop steward, review with the employee about reporting to work (works even better if they have a denied PH, 8hr) document it. Let them call out day of absence. Terminate the minute they walk in the next day. Win, Win, Win, Win, Win for management been there, done that and that's how we play the game.

Get the shop steward, review with the employee about reporting to work (works even better if they have a denied PH, 8hr) document it. Let them call out day of absence. Terminate the minute they walk in the next day. Win, Win, Win, Win, Win for management been there, done that and that's how we play the game.
Or simply dont try to be nice and notify your supervisor that you need a day off.

Schedule your closing on a busy day. and just call off!

upschuck

So, you consider it a win when you terminate someone, and you wonder why hourly has the distrust and animosity towards management. What would you rather have, a day+ notice, or an hour notice? Obviously, you care nothing for the drivers in your group. Driver needs a shorter day that you would not give him, gives you advanced notice that he'll be taking the day off, and you reward them by firing them. Shows exactly what this company and you have become.

So, you consider it a win when you terminate someone, and you wonder why hourly has the distrust and animosity towards management. What would you rather have, a day+ notice, or an hour notice? Obviously, you care nothing for the drivers in your group. Driver needs a shorter day that you would not give him, gives you advanced notice that he'll be taking the day off, and you reward them by firing them. Shows exactly what this company and you have become.
:likeit::likeit: Great post!

Mindless wonder

You could be a great manager and offer to run his route,but you must have forgotten to bring your uniform in that day.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Now everyone is offended, go figure.

Brownslave wasn't asking - he was telling us he wouldn't be there. Totally different.

If you have no problem throwing a grievance on my desk every time you feel I violated the contract then I have no problem using the same contract against you every time you violate it.

As far as how I run my center and my employees, you have no clue and can only guess.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Brownslave wasn't asking - he was telling us he wouldn't be there. Totally different.

If you have no problem throwing a grievance on my desk every time you feel I violated the contract then I have no problem using the same contract against you every time you violate it.

As far as how I run my center and my employees, you have no clue and can only guess.
And how would you be using the contract against here?

All it says is employee must give 1 hours notice if they won't be at work. Says nothing about acceptable reasons why.

mjjlohn

It's not that different, I generally miss 1-2 days a year. If I 'request' a day it's because I likely can't work that day no matter what. So telling you after it's denied is really just common courtesy.
What is the point of trying to terminate off one day anyways, what do you gain? It's not respect or obedience that's for sure

Sent using BrownCafe App

Mindless wonder

Again,would you like a day notice,or a hour notice.

upschuck

That is because you had already denied the time off. Besides, that is what calling in is, saying I would be there, it is not "will you allow me not to come into work today?".

I have a good work relationship with my management team, and can generally work things out satisfactory without filing any grievances.

Don't backtrack and try to soften what you said. "Win, Win, Win, Win, Win" in relation to firing someone can not be interpreted as anything but how you meant it and who you really are.

Again how did the contract get violated?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
If this were to ever become reality, and it will, you would still only work 5 days a week.

Yes, that would be your scheduled days. But even now, we can be forced into a Saturday shift and have the 70 hour limit imposed. It happens at peak already. I'm sure there are bean counters drooling at the possibility of using this as a more normal occurrence. Anything to minimize cars on the road. Amazon is already dealing with USPS for Sunday. How far off is a 7 day 82 hour max?

That is because you had already denied the time off. Besides, that is what calling in is, saying I would be there, it is not "will you allow me not to come into work today?".

I have a good work relationship with my management team, and can generally work things out satisfactory without filing any grievances.

Don't backtrack and try to soften what you said. "Win, Win, Win, Win, Win" in relation to firing someone can not be interpreted as anything but how you meant it and who you really are.

Again how did the contract get violated?
Why bother? you can smell his arrogance!