Thunderstruck

Superteeth2478

I was riding my motorcycle into a crazy storm one day and lightning was striking all around me, as I finally found a place to take shelter from the lightning I came up on two riders where one got struck! The guy on the Harley with all his chrome buttons and shiny stuff all over his body and bike? A-OK! The guy in full leather's on a crotch rocket? Not so good! Lightning hit him between the back of his helmet and his leathers right on the neck. Lightning traveled down his back, around to the front around his rib cage and totally scorched his test tickles and down his leg and these goofy shoes/boots he was wearing!! Guy on the Harley said they could hardly see at the time when the strike hit. All he saw was his buddy coming back to earth and sliding down the road as the crotch rocket kept up right till it slowed enough to fall over!!
Paramedics showed up, told him you need to go to the hospital as you are cooked from the inside out! He absolutely stunk of a crazy smell even from 6 feet away!! Just got laid off and wouldn't go to the hospital. He looked terrible! I told his buddy help he make the decision to go dude!

THEN! When he starts being more talkative he says " friend In A this is the second time I have been hit by lightning!" apparently he was the only struck in a plane while he was in the air force that got whacked! I immediately put space between me and him as the lightning was coming again!
Didn't really pay attention to the story, but...test tickles? Interesting way to spell testicles...

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
We were told once at pcm, about an off the street feeder driver out of Reno, who also worked package a little bit.

One night, this driver was barreling down donner pass, hot triple set, mexican banditos in hot pursuit. A freak lightning blizzard rolled in. The thiefs had shot ziplines over to the rig and had zipped accross to the back box and were making their way to the cab.

With the long combination vehicle at full tilt, the driver, sawed-off in hand, climbed out the window to the top of the cab. The driver aimed from the hip, pulled the trigger, and.. nothing. The weapon was empty from a few hours prior, when the driver had to shoot their way through a Compton intersection.

The story goes.. the driver, feeling the air begin to ionize, threw the sawed-off shotgun at the baditos. The leader caught it.

BOOM!!

All of the bad guys, instantly vaporized by the most powerful lightning bolt in history.

The driver, who had maintained a deadpan face through the entire ordeal, cracked a slight smile. Climbed back down into the cab, held a Virginia Slim out the window just as lightning struck again, lighting the cigarette, and rode off into the sunrise.
CoolStoryBro

Ghost in the Darkness

If the weather got to bad while I was delivering I would just stop and let it blow over. Maybe listen to my radio or sort through my load. Mama didn't raise no fool.

Me too.... heck I do this during heavy rains/downpours even if there is no lightning.

Also I think the thread title should be Ride the Lightning instead of Thunderstruck...lol

Nah
We were told once at pcm, about an off the street feeder driver out of Reno, who also worked package a little bit.

One night, this driver was barreling down donner pass, hot triple set, mexican banditos in hot pursuit. A freak lightning blizzard rolled in. The thiefs had shot ziplines over to the rig and had zipped accross to the back box and were making their way to the cab.

With the long combination vehicle at full tilt, the driver, sawed-off in hand, climbed out the window to the top of the cab. The driver aimed from the hip, pulled the trigger, and.. nothing. The weapon was empty from a few hours prior, when the driver had to shoot their way through a Compton intersection.

The story goes.. the driver, feeling the air begin to ionize, threw the sawed-off shotgun at the baditos. The leader caught it.

BOOM!!

All of the bad guys, instantly vaporized by the most powerful lightning bolt in history.

The driver, who had maintained a deadpan face through the entire ordeal, cracked a slight smile. Climbed back down into the cab, held a Virginia Slim out the window just as lightning struck again, lighting the cigarette, and rode off into the sunrise.

A true American Legend.

RTCD

Yes. Lightening struck a light pole immediately next to my package car as I put it in park to deliver. The strike vaporized the air and everything flashed white. I couldn’t breathe for a split second and I still don’t know if that sensation was from the electricity or the heat. I was fortunate to be seated and not out of the cab standing on the wet ground (it was raining).

I wasn’t injured and the package car was fine. I said my prayers and went on to the next stop. It was an experience I’ll never forget but it was also totally out of my control.

Non sequitur

BOOM!!

Quality writing. Kicking ass and taking names

quad decade guy

FUN FACT:

Cloud-to-ground lightning bolts are a common phenomenon—about 100 strike Earth's surface every single second—yet their power is extraordinary. Each bolt can contain up to one billion volts of electricity

Fun Fact:

Chance in a year? 1 in 700,000.

Chance in a lifetime? 1 in 3,000.

Don't do stupid stuff to increase your odds.....this includes delivering in a lightning storm...and yes, do what you have to do...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
I searched and couldnt find any previous post....so anyone ever been struck by lightning while on the job? Or known anyone that has? I had a close call this past week where a tree about 20 yards behind me got hit. Ears were ringing all day scared the crap out of me.

Do the rest of you just stop delivering and code out 15? if you already used your lunch, or just continue on and expect the unexpected.
It’s only happened a few times but storms start blowing in with 60+ mph winds things can get hairy.

I pull off to the side of the road and wait (on the clock) then I send in a message thanking them for the advanced warning of severe weather in the area.

Brownslave688

my brother in law was almost dead from cancer so he decided to stay drunk all the time. he went outside to take a piss in a lightening storm and got hit by a strike on his belt buckle. It travelled down his leg and blew out his boot.

well his cancer went into remission and he lived almost 30 years longer.
And then he became a pastor.

“I felt the hand of god reach out and cure me”

Brownslave688

BOOM!!

Oh lord don’t give @olroadbeech any ides on stories she needs to too. Kek

clean hairy

I find it interesting when it starts lightning and thundering at a golf course, that folks sling the bag of lightning rods across their back to get out of the storm.

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I searched and couldnt find any previous post....so anyone ever been struck by lightning while on the job? Or known anyone that has? I had a close call this past week where a tree about 20 yards behind me got hit. Ears were ringing all day scared the crap out of me.

Do the rest of you just stop delivering and code out 15? if you already used your lunch, or just continue on and expect the unexpected.
s-l400.jpg

Get some of these and you'll be fine

542thruNthru

my brother in law was almost dead from cancer so he decided to stay drunk all the time. he went outside to take a piss in a lightening storm and got hit by a strike on his belt buckle. It travelled down his leg and blew out his boot.

well his cancer went into remission and he lived almost 30 years longer.

Oh wow how did I miss this gem!!

I'm telling you @olroadbeech you need to start writing short stories instead of your restoration side business.

Utility81

Haven’t been struck. Witnessed a lightning bolt strike a tree about 50 yards from me. Saw smoke or whatever it was come up from the earth by the tree after that. My ears were ringing like crazy. Considered getting with less loose women after that moment but never really changed my ways.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
It’s only happened a few times but storms start blowing in with 60+ mph winds things can get hairy.

I pull off to the side of the road and wait (on the clock) then I send in a message thanking them for the advanced warning of severe weather in the area.
We get messages sometimes a few hours after a tornado has come through the area.
"I see you has sub stained a tornado. Turn on your, headlights for safety. Will you make it in for pull time? Per corporate."
Our oms quit school in the 2nd grade.