Tieguy vs. Canon and Trickpony

tieguy

Banned
During peak, management has the right to do whatever is necessary to run the business due to peak volume times. Of course, this is wide open to interpretation. Dishonesty is out of the question. If there wasn't so much head-hunting, I think employees would be less inclined to cheat and would acknowledge mistakes that have been made and move on and learn from it. Of course, hourlys should be given the opportunity to work first before management HAS to.

Good point which our retiree should have remembered. I'm sure every driver in Phoaz was out of hours after saturday of that week. So some management person made sure you got your christmas packages. Your post should have thanked the poor guy instead of bringing the grievance discussion and dishonesty into the post.

Feel free to call in and complain if you feel the need but keep in mind it may have been a driver that recorded the fictitous delivery on friday.

canon

Re: Christmas deliveries

it seems that the Sups went thru the building Friday night, scanned everything as delivered and spent the weekend delivering it.

We had a driver that would store packages in his garage during the week and deliver them on Saturday. Did it for years before he got caught.
Wow, maybe the driver was inducted into mgmt and now runs a secret weekend delivery service durning peak!

So some management person made sure you got your christmas packages. Your post should have thanked the poor guy instead of bringing the grievance discussion and dishonesty into the post.
Does the sentence in bold pertain to the driver delivering on the weekend, or the sups doing the same thing? I have a feeling the driver was disciplined severly for basically the same offense, so I just have to hear why you think falsifying documents is ok just because it's peak.

Just to be clear, I condemn both. If the sups are going to deliver on the weekend, by all means let them take a diad and brown up. Why sheet them as delivered on friday? No, they do not get a free ticket to do whatever they want just because it is peak... that much is evident in their attempt to show the pkgs as being delivered on friday. It's a cover up to keep corporate off their butts, also known as dishonesty according to the Business Code of Conduct. The driver was probably trying to keep mgmt off his butt all year, essentially doing the same thing. I don't see the difference other than one of them was probably fired, and the others still have their tie.

So we applaud dishonesty as long as it is wrapped in a tie? :thumbdown

tieguy

Banned

Wow, maybe the driver was inducted into mgmt and now runs a secret weekend delivery service durning peak!

Does the sentence in bold pertain to the driver delivering on the weekend, or the sups doing the same thing? I have a feeling the driver was disciplined severly for basically the same offense, so I just have to hear why you think falsifying documents is ok just because it's peak.

Just to be clear, I condemn both. If the sups are going to deliver on the weekend, by all means let them take a diad and brown up. Why sheet them as delivered on friday? No, they do not get a free ticket to do whatever they want just because it is peak... that much is evident in their attempt to show the pkgs as being delivered on friday. It's a cover up to keep corporate off their butts, also known as dishonesty according to the Business Code of Conduct. The driver was probably trying to keep mgmt off his butt all year, essentially doing the same thing. I don't see the difference other than one of them was probably fired, and the others still have their tie.

So we applaud dishonesty as long as it is wrapped in a tie? :thumbdown

Why cujo your hatred of management again has you making the assumption that management falsified the delivery. Now I realize you you don't think much of us because we haven't delivered you the perfect PAS system but chances are real good management would not be scanning packages late on a friday night but out delivering them instead. Most of us are smart enough to plan to stay out late friday so we don't have to come in Sunday.

I'm also sure that there was no need for management to show the delivery friday since they had every available hand delivering saturday. If the intent was dishonesty why falsify on friday when there is a good chance it gets delivered saturday.

And there is another option. Its possible our retiree is mistaken. Its been twenty two years since he retired and it does get hot in Phoaz. Poor old soul might be getting a little discombobulated by now.

Why else would he bring up a grievance issue when he should be eternally grateful some hard working service conscience upser made sure he got his package before christmas?

canon

Why cujo your hatred of management again has you making the assumption that management falsified the delivery.
You really do need to pay attention to the flow. I don't have a hatred for management, but you seem to have a hatred for drivers. The scenario was that some management delivered on weekend but sheeted on friday which was ok in your mind... the driver did the same you condemn him.

Whatever REALLY happened is irrelevant. You were ready to hail them as heroes for getting the christmas pkgs out even if tho they were sheeted a day early as the scenario pointed out.

tieguy

Banned

You really do need to pay attention to the flow. I don't have a hatred for management, but you seem to have a hatred for drivers. The scenario was that some management delivered on weekend but sheeted on friday which was ok in your mind... the driver did the same you condemn him.

Whatever REALLY happened is irrelevant. You were ready to hail them as heroes for getting the christmas pkgs out even if tho they were sheeted a day early as the scenario pointed out.

See there again you let your obsession with management rule your thought output. There was no logical reason to sheet on friday when they would have delivering on saturday. Thanks to badpal we now have a logical explanation. You should learn to suppress your hatred for neck wear so you too can offer up such intelligent responses. :thumbup1:

canon

See there again you let your obsession with management rule your thought output. There was no logical reason to sheet on friday when they would have delivering on saturday. Thanks to badpal we now have a logical explanation. You should learn to suppress your hatred for neck wear so you too can offer up such intelligent responses. :thumbup1:
Nice. You're quite the leader.

the original post: Now the good part. Sunday Christmas eve I go to church and when I come home both packages are at my front door.

Again, that wasn't the point. You praised the management for the same thing you condemned the driver of.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned

Nice. You're quite the leader.

the original post: Now the good part. Sunday Christmas eve I go to church and when I come home both packages are at my front door.

Again, that wasn't the point. You praised the management for the same thing you condemned the driver of.

Only in your mind my friend. I should apologize. Its clear you're one of those "I need a hug from management" types. I'm sorry your management team does not give you the hug and pat on the bottom you crave.

canon

Only in your mind my friend. I should apologize. Its clear you're one of those "I need a hug from management" types. I'm sorry your management team does not give you the hug and pat on the bottom you crave.

And once again, you dodge the question. You hailed the sups delivering the pkg on weeked as great. It becomes a hypothetical question about the differences between what you see as right and wrong concerning mgmt and hourly. Just to remind you, before the conversation turned to maybe it was delivered on saturday, or maybe a neighbor found it and delivered it, you came to their defense here:
So some management person made sure you got your christmas packages. Your post should have thanked the poor guy instead of bringing the grievance discussion and dishonesty into the post.
With the driver, there was no question in your mind about dishonesty. With the management, we should just be grateful and thank them for their dishonesty? That seems biased.

I'm sure you'll dodge the question again.

tieguy

Banned
Re: Brown Cafe Warning

You would think so wouldn't you? I would think someone (important) at some point would step in and clarify misconceptions or fears if for no other reason than to uphold the image that UPS is honest in their declaration of improving workplace conditions and concern for the employees. But instead we get one mgmt person randomly berating drivers he doesn't agree with.

and yet another post where you bring up your serious obsession with management. I am not your boss. I am another upsers posting on this site who happens to be management.
get over it.

You'd think someone (important) would even anonymously step in and correct him when he engages in insults while proudly announcing his managerial position with the company.

I'm not sure which is more harmful to the UPS image when the viewing public browses here: a supervisor who equates drivers with whining crying drunks who are nothing more than ingrates, or the complete absence of any management to correct him on how he presents himself in a public forum.

I would think a driver who whines incessantly would. And lets keep this dialogue simple. Despite your best efforts to draw all the other drivers here into your little witch hunt I have not labeled all drivers as you stated. This is another example of your dishonesty. Until you clean up your dishonesty you have no reason to complain about anything management does.

tieguy

Banned

And once again, you dodge the question. You hailed the sups delivering the pkg on weeked as great. It becomes a hypothetical question about the differences between what you see as right and wrong concerning mgmt and hourly. Just to remind you, before the conversation turned to maybe it was delivered on saturday, or maybe a neighbor found it and delivered it, you came to their defense here:

With the driver, there was no question in your mind about dishonesty. With the management, we should just be grateful and thank them for their dishonesty? That seems biased.

I'm sure you'll dodge the question again.

Here again you recreate the events to suit your obsession. In one post I tell doowop to report the delivery if he felt the need but warned there was a chance the driver made the friday delivery. A warning that hardly qualifies as "with the driver, there was no question in your mind about dishonesty"
Another poster then gives a logical explanation for what happened which could have realistically explained it. But yet you then ignored both posts to try to force another view that is totally made up on your part. Thus my point that your integrity again suffers and that you have no right to ever question management until you learn to speak the truth.

Serious question canon. Are you ok? Do you perhaps need some professional help with this obsession of yours?

canon

You would think so wouldn't you? I would think someone (important) at some point would step in and clarify misconceptions or fears if for no other reason than to uphold the image that UPS is honest in their declaration of improving workplace conditions and concern for the employees. But instead we get one mgmt person randomly berating drivers he doesn't agree with.

and yet another post where you bring up your serious obsession with management. I am not your boss. I am another upsers posting on this site who happens to be management.
get over it.

You'd think someone (important) would even anonymously step in and correct him when he engages in insults while proudly announcing his managerial position with the company.

I'm not sure which is more harmful to the UPS image when the viewing public browses here: a supervisor who equates drivers with whining crying drunks who are nothing more than ingrates, or the complete absence of any management to correct him on how he presents himself in a public forum.

I would think a driver who whines incessantly would. And lets keep this dialogue simple. Despite your best efforts to draw all the other drivers here into your little witch hunt I have not labeled all drivers as you stated. This is another example of your dishonesty. Until you clean up your dishonesty you have no reason to complain about anything management does.
If you say so. You came after me, not the other way around. It's not dishonesty tie, too many people read it as it happened for you to "supervise" your way out of it. You bore me, it's getting old. If you want to claim "victory", fine. That doesn't change the facts. Congrats.

canon

Here again you recreate the events to suit your obsession. In one post I tell doowop to report the delivery if he felt the need but warned there was a chance the driver made the friday delivery. A warning that hardly qualifies as "with the driver, there was no question in your mind about dishonesty"
Another poster then gives a logical explanation for what happened which could have realistically explained it. But yet you then ignored both posts to try to force another view that is totally made up on your part. Thus my point that your integrity again suffers and that you have no right to ever question management until you learn to speak the truth.

Serious question canon. Are you ok? Do you perhaps need some professional help with this obsession of yours?
Again with the insults. You must be the pride of Brown.

The driver with which there was no question was the one you brought up, who had been "caught" doing the exact same thing as the sups: delivering on the weekend but sheeting during the week. In the case of the sups, you said he should be grateful he got his christmas pkg instead of bringing up dishonesty, and actually thank the sup.

Again, it's not what ACTUALLY happened, you defended the actions of supervision while already having condemnd the driver for the same thing. Purely hypothetical tie, considering nobody knows exactly how the box got there. What we do know, is that if mgmt delivered it against comany rules, you jumped at the idea that we should "thank" them.

I only know how to say it in english. i didn't recreate the scenario, you lept to their defense at one point after already announcing the "driver" who was putting pkgs in his garage for saturday delivery. Forget it tie, without flash cards I don't think I can get this thru to you.

tieguy

Banned

Again with the insults. You must be the pride of Brown.

The driver with which there was no question was the one you brought up, who had been "caught" doing the exact same thing as the sups: delivering on the weekend but sheeting during the week. In the case of the sups, you said he should be grateful he got his christmas pkg instead of bringing up dishonesty, and actually thank the sup.

Again, it's not what ACTUALLY happened, you defended the actions of supervision while already having condemnd the driver for the same thing. Purely hypothetical tie, considering nobody knows exactly how the box got there. What we do know, is that if mgmt delivered it against comany rules, you jumped at the idea that we should "thank" them.

I only know how to say it in english. i didn't recreate the scenario, you lept to their defense at one point after already announcing the "driver" who was putting pkgs in his garage for saturday delivery. Forget it tie, without flash cards I don't think I can get this thru to you.

Well anyway , I sinecerely hope you get some help for your obsession.

tieguy

Banned

If you say so. You came after me, not the other way around. It's not dishonesty tie, too many people read it as it happened for you to "supervise" your way out of it. You bore me, it's getting old. If you want to claim "victory", fine. That doesn't change the facts. Congrats.

No your boss came after you. I'm the guy you have decided to vent on because you don't have the guts to do it with him.

canon

No your boss came after you. I'm the guy you have decided to vent on because you don't have the guts to do it with him.

Rofl... You act like nobody else read the posts. I didn't "decide" to vent on anyone... all i did was post my views about what it's like to work at ups. And if you think my boss hasn't heard his fill, you're sadly mistaken. Now quit trying to divert the thread from the topic.

tieguy

Banned

Rofl... You act like nobody else read the posts. I didn't "decide" to vent on anyone... all i did was post my views about what it's like to work at ups. And if you think my boss hasn't heard his fill, you're sadly mistaken. Now quit trying to divert the thread from the topic.

Actually I'm trying to steer you to the help you need. But you don't appreciate that either.