Time Allowances

stink219

When called in the office the other day (with rep) I was asked why it took an extra XXX seconds for a specific deliver. I countered his question with another: "What was the weight and dimension of the package?" He said "How should I know?" My response "Then how should I?"
Exactly. I've said this on so many of these time allowance posts. Work= weight x distance. UPS charges customers this way but uses an inferior system to gauge our work. They do this only to keep it unfair. They need us to grasp at straws. To just miss goals. To strive for faster delivery methods. Once they make it fair, management would not be needed and that's the biggest time thief of all.

slantnosechevy

I heard next contact...that we will have to wear diapers,so you dont waste anytime going to the bathroom!!!10 more stops for everbody...LOL

Don't think they haven't tried that. They put piss bottles, depending on gender, in the cars at all the bldgs. in a certain division for about 2 months. As you can imagine drivers left them full at the end of the day. That was the end of that.

slantnosechevy

I would rather see package size worked into the system, rather than how much time it takes to walk to a house from the curb. We already have the technology to do it and it would benefit far more people: drivers, preload, loaders.

It is worked into the system as far as UPS wants to go. It's called shipping prices.

slantnosechevy

That's not exactly true.......one can be accused of stealing time....directly tied to allowances of many kinds. And of course you know that discipline can cause permanent termination....right? now, there are some that even falsify records to pad/meet/exceed those allowances....but that's another matter...

You're talking apples and oranges. What upsguy72 said stands.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I have yet to see someone get terminated for being over allowed. I HAVE seen some :censored2:es get terminated for padding stops,signing for packages, working unsafely and falsifying records to 'make their numbers'.
Work Safe,Work by the Methods and you have nothing to fear. If you get a 3 day ride continue to work safely and by the methods. If Management tries to hold the numbers from that OJS against you in the future They wont have a leg to stand on if ,thru Telematics you can prove you are working safely and by the methods.
There is nothing in the contract that validates 3 day OJS,Time Allowances or Production. That stuff is just scare tactics

I don't worry or care about time allowances neither does the union....
This is just a thought but, did the same thinking prevail with the employees from Hostess or from the UAW with over a million members down to a few hundred thousand. Time to stop being an ostrich and having your head in the sand. For every 100 people you come in contact daily.....93 do not belong to a union or rely on one.