Time Bonus?

User Name

Only 230 Today?? lol
If your plan day was nine hours and you did the job in eight you get paid that hour as bonus. Some guys like it, some don't. I like being in a center that has bonus because it can make for a good day when you can make it happen. :happy2:

GoBrown???

actually the time bonus is if you go over 10 hours. it is in the contract that if you go over 10 even by a minute you are entitled to a 20 minute break. most centers just want you of the clock so you punch out and they pay you anyway. think of it as being paid to drive home depending how long your commute is. i live 3 minutes from my building so im finishing up my first beer on the clock:happy-very:

Paid-over-in-Maine

15 more years of this!
Can someone explain the time bonus in the paycheck? Never had one until now . Thanx all.
How much time was the time bonus? Since I'm never paid under, all my time bonuses where for working more than 10 hrs. It's good for .33 hrs. or 20 min. It's paid on top of your days pay. We call it "Getting paid for the ride home"

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
Makes sense since I've only worked out of this center once in the past. The time bonus was .66 hours. Hard to imagine that I came in under plan when I had the map on the steering wheel all day.

browniehound

Makes sense since I've only worked out of this center once in the past. The time bonus was .66 hours. Hard to imagine that I came in under plan when I had the map on the steering wheel all day.

Then you were over 10 twice that week.

Notice that 3 time bonuses equals .99 hours and not 1.00. It may be a matter of cents to the driver but when muliplied many times for every driver over 10 during peak in the center it might save enough money to buy a tank of fuel???

Overpaid Union Thug

Bonus = A cash bribe to get drivers to work faster

Just follow the methods and don't worry about bonus. Some days you'll get it and some days you won't. The worst thing you can do is go out and try to get bonus each and every day. If you plan on making this a career then that is very good advice.

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
Big, no doubt. I do one stop at a time. I don't even sort anymore. If it takes 5 minutes to find the package than so be it. I learned some valuable lessons over the past 3 years on the road. When they send me out blind on a route now, I follow EDD exactly. With telematix etc, you gotta C.Y.A :peaceful: Let the chips fall where they may. I've been told within the last few days the "You have to be in by X" Blah Blah Blah....... :greedy:

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Bonus = A cash bribe to get drivers to work faster

Many of the factories in my area have piece-work incentive plans. The faster you work the more you can make. I don't have a problem with it.

hopspur

Is this something new in the contract? I have never seen a time bonus in our center or heard about it in our region. I'm in the SE and need to find the language, they may owe me some money.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Where in the Southeast, can't really get much further Southeast than me, I'm in Stuart, Florida. We are a bonus center by the way, get paid bonus for running under allowed and over 10.